Official 49ers Offseason Thread: Time to re-evaluate the draft...

USC people made the term up. I'm not sure either....I don't think he's really comes off across as a selfish player either.

I really wished that the Niners were able to go for Faneca before Smith but hey I am happy with the signing. They are doing their best in trying to improve theteam. The Niners are keeping Jonas Jennings so we'll see how that works, but the O-line still has a lot of holes to cover. I was reading some things fromone of the Niners' beat writers stating that since the signing of Isaac Bruce, the Niners could draft up Levelle Hawkins because he is the same type ofplayer Bruce is. But we'll wait and see...I haven't read anything up on LB Calvin Pace but I would like to get an update...And I have a feeling thatthe Niners will be inquiring about Javon Walker...And if the Cowboys end up with a T.O. and Randy Moss duo...WTH man. Hehe.

Among the others teams showing interest, Walker is said to be intrigued by the prospect of playing in Mike Martz and Jon Gruden directed offenses in San Francisco and Tampa, respectively.

we'll see how this plays out

Some people were mad that DeSean chose Cal over SC, because Tedford told him he'd start right away...That's not really selfish, it's just smart.Really though, the name is something unoriginal that SC people made up...kind of like "Kal" or Star Wars.

What receivers are on the roster right now?

Bruce Bruce
Jackson
Battle
Jason Hill
Lelie
Gilmore

sick.gif
there's still work to do

if the raiders over paid for kelly the 9ers def over paid for smith. shoot, all the fa's are getting over paid.

usc fans are still salty that he didnt sign w/ them outta HS.....he said he wanted to be his own star....thats y he went to Cal

It doesn't even matter if we overpay for FA's. Most likely their contracts are back-loaded and will probably be cut before they even get to it.That's why all players care about is their guaranteed $ up front.

^True. Unless they play out of this world in the span of their contract, the Niners have nothing to worry about regarding money. They made bank by simplysigning the contract. Any new updates with the niners? The WR corps do need some help.

I think we'll address WR in the draft for sure...if not 1st in the 2nd round. the Bruce signing, to me, confirmed that they brought him in to be the No. 1WR as well as being a mentor. (already mentioned but i just had to reiterate it). if not DeSean, i hope it's someone that has big play ability and mostimportantly, can catch the ball, unlike Darrell Jackson

justin smiley declared a free agent? i'd like to see this guy back with the 49ers.

iunno how i feel about javon walker.. dude is TO wannabe it seems like but if he can check his ego at the door with martz, it'd be interesting.
i'd really like a push for bryant johnson, now that dante stallworth is locked up. cleveland is gonna be LOADED next year. geez.

so far I am very pleased with the niners acquisitions..ill post up some good links in the morning..goodnight NT!

^^ smiley signed with the dolphins.

but yeah the niners definitely needs to upgrade the OLINE and WR Corps.

We should have pushed harder for Faneca.

We must solidfy this OLINE, not via draft but with some veteran FA's.

man, smiley was pretty solid. that sucks that we lost out on him.

i hope allen retires.. wouldn't wanna see him on any other team..

jake scott is still available..
nerd.gif

what do you guys think about getting Colvin? I think he is still productive when healthy. TBC, Willis, Colvin, Manny
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom