Official 9/11 10 Year Anniversary Thread

I was in 5th grade at the time... Didn't really understand it when they told us in class, but when I saw it on TV
eek.gif

tired.gif

RIP to everyone lost...
tired.gif

Registering in school for 4th grade, when they was showing it on tv in the office.
After that, me and my mom went to pick up my brother from Newtown. After that, everything else is a blur, I don't remember anything else about that day.

RIP to everyone that we lost.   And thank you to all of the every-day heroes that risked their lives for others.....They really need to make this a national day of mourning. 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by JayHood23

People planning parties like its the 4th of July 
30t6p3b.gif

Parties? Really? 
indifferent.gif

I know some people having BBQ's and parties, Been invited to a few already.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

I have mix feelings about the US having a yearly thing about this....

THIS.
30t6p3b.gif

I remember I was in 2nd Grade, My dad checked me and my sister out of school.

RIP to everyone that died on that day
tired.gif

At the time, NT was going nuts over the black/red XI releasing in December and also it was that weekend that MJ announced he was coming back. Then 9/11 came out that Tuesday morning.

I remember the 9/11 thread on NT when it happened. Would be cool if the OG thread could be resurrected.

I was in the 5th grade while it happened. I remember being pulled out of school early and thought  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 out of school early mentality. Then when I passed through the hallway to get to the main office, I saw tons of kids being picked up by their parents. I tried asking my mom what was going on, but she wouldn't tell me. When I got home and saw what was going on. 
tired.gif
tired.gif
 I will remember that day for the rest of my life. Its a memory that will always stay vivid in my head. R.I.P to all those that died that day and to the ones that sacrificed everything to help.

R.I.P to all the people who lost their lives. I was in middle school and kids had been talking about maybe there was a bomb in the school. My dad had came and picked me up early from school and I was happy as hell to be out early but I seen something in my dad face that made me know something wasn't right. I got home and seen CNN and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I never knew of the World Trade Centers or their importance before then. 10 years later I'm serving in the Air Force. Time flies man damn...

Well it falls on a Sunday and people watch football, so I'd like to think that most of these parties/BBQ's are football induced.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

At the time, NT was going nuts over the black/red XI releasing in December and also it was that weekend that MJ announced he was coming back. Then 9/11 came out that Tuesday morning.

I remember the 9/11 thread on NT when it happened. Would be cool if the OG thread could be resurrected.

I remember that one quote from an NTer in that thread saying that he wanted to see Osama being hanged from his nuts after playing a game of one on one vs Kobe
grin.gif
lol...

R.I.P to every innocent civilian that passed on that day
tired.gif
,can't believe that it's already been a decade 

mom was in the Washington Post the next day running from her office 
tired.gif
still gives me chills ten years later

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

R.I.P to every innocent civilian that passed on that day
tired.gif
,can't believe that it's already been a decade 
this. 
frown.gif
frown.gif

security in NY has been heavy all weekend since there were unconfirmed plots for another attack.

lets hope nothing happens.

in all seriousness tho, the following months were full of paranoia

I remember there was a thunderstorm that week in the early morning hours and I kept looking outside thinking they were bombing us
30t6p3b.gif
I couldn't sleep that week

Then that plane crash on November 12th ...things were too much in NYC

and I remember there was anthrax scares w/ letters being mailed to the news reporting offices.

SMH, that was a scary time

RIP to all the victims.

I woke up around 8:30 - 9:00 that day and usually I cut on the tv when I wake up, but I didn't that day. I went to Sprint to pay the phone bill around 10, and saw the footage. I was like "Wow, that's a crazy movie". Then I got in my car and all the radio stations we're explaining the tragedy. It was unbelievable.

I think I watched nothing but 9/11 footage for that entire week.

That and bumping "The Blueprint".

^^^i remember they were showing video of ppl bumping takeover out in afghanistan
30t6p3b.gif

i lost a good friend on 9/11 10 years ago god bless him and his family

all he did was go to work and change his life

if he was have stayed a bum he would be alive to day

and to the family's of the animals that did this and anyone who has the same beliefs as these murders may they burn in hell for eternity

the world changed for the worse that day

I had duty that day on board the USS Nimitz. I was in my shop and a guy came in and said a plane flew into a building in NYC. Turn on the tv and watch the rest unfold.

I was in 6th grade and remember hearing our principle come over the intercom explaining what happened. Didn't have a TV in our classroom but we listened to the radio a good portion of the day. Didn't see any footage til my mom picked me up and went home. Watched nothing but the news for a week straight...Crazy that was 10 years ago already.

RIP to all the innocent people that lost their lives that day. 9/11 changed ALL of our lives and the future of this country and world forever...

RIP to the victims..
I remember I was a sophomore in college in class and was taking a test...
The professor informed us of what had happened and told us to go home to check on family and friends and just to finish the test some other time..

I'll never forget this day.

I was in the second grade, I was sitting on my mom's bed watching the news, I had no idea what was going on. I didn't know what the WTC was, I asked my mom what was going on and she didn't know either she said it must of been an accident but then the second plane hit. I still went to school that day like nothing happened. I remember watching the news that night and hearing it was an attack and just being scared out of my mind. R.I.P

I was sitting in American History class in 11th grade when the first plane hit. Someone came to our class and told my professor something, and he quieted everyone and turned on the radio so we could all hear the tragedy that was taking place. After that class the second plane hit and I can remember walking up the stairs of Brooklyn Tech looking out the windows and seeing the second tower crumble. One of my teachers ACTUALLY tried to still teach that day...we were like #*%+%. I can remember so much from that day, like all the classes I had down to everything I was wearing.

R.I.P. to all the innocent people who had their lives taken.

I was a sophomore in high school and I was walking into my programming class. The teacher always had the news on every morning. As soon as I walk in the class I see the 2nd plane hit the towers. I was like WHAT THE %$+!? I said it out loud and everything. Teacher didn't give a damn, he told me to sit down. Then my boy next to me said watch, the pentagon is next. A couple of minutes later the pentagon was hit.
eek.gif

My mom was 5 minutes away from the pentagon when it was hit. I tried calling her but I couldn't get through.

They let us go home early and I couldn't get in contact with either of my parents. As I was walking home, all I saw were military planes in the air. Downtown DC was CRAZY! Assault rifles and vests where in full bloom. I was shook. Luckily my parents got home about 10 minutes after I did.

I remember driving past the pentagon on 395 a couple of days after and I could still smell burnt human flesh.
tired.gif

Crazy day. RIP to all who were lost.

I was in my first period AP US History class in the 11th grade..and when class was dismissed..everyone was talkin bout how a plane had just hit the World Trade Center..and I couldn't believe it until we watched it the entire rest of the day..the only teacher that did not let us watch it was our Math teacher..I still remember that I was walkin down the hallway and everyone was shocked that someone could pull such an act..

R.I.P. to everyone who lost their lives on that tragic day..

RIP to the victims of this unspeakable tragedy. I still remember where I was. I was in the 9th grade, in the subway in Berlin, Germany on my way home. I couldn't believe what I saw in the subway news TVs until I got home and turned on CNN, and then the 2nd plane hit...

Requiescat in pace.

I sincerely hope that by remembering this day, it'll unite every one of us, whatever our origin, religion, way of life...we all live in one planet.

Back
Top Bottom