****OFFICIAL _ASHINGTON _IZARDS 08-09 SEASON THREAD 13-44. WE SHOULDA GAVE OBAMA AN OFFER SHEET****

eddie jordan is a decent coach at best. his scheme was good to work with the talent. I dont think anybody would say that with the talent we have we are overachievers. that is the sign of a good coach. i think eddie got out of his good players what he was suppose to and nothing out of the bad/average ones. hehasn't devleoped a decent back to the basket player. his game management has been questionable for awhile, but was masked by gil's late game heroics.

he lost control of brendan, and etan. them two were at war contsantly, and i mean not a squable but all out blows....%##?! a coach is suppose to keep thingslike that from boiling over. his buddy buddy coaching style has a short shelf life, and it has run it's course.

See now this is getting out of hand, I don't think its the coach fault this team is losing. If anyone should go it's Grunfield, over paying Arenas,not making great pick-ups/trades when given the chance. Crazy! First they do Jordan dirty, then they do Jordan dirty again.

Where is JA? I NEED JA to help me make sense of all this sssssh!
roll.gif

I love how people say Eddie was a "decent coach" when he took a !++$$! team to the playoffs four straight years after they hadn't even sniffed itin a decade. It's never enough.

My-T.

as a detroit lions fan, i was part of the "Fire Millen" campaign... i want to start one for this grunfeld character...

Someone tell "Rocksmith" to make a blue t-shirt in red text that says...

CWebb
Juwan
Muresan
Cheaney
and
Strickland....

F%^k!

having 3 bonafide all-stars and making into the playoffs is not an accomplishment....

the defense of the wizards has been HORRID for all the years we made it into the playoffs. someone realized that you can't outscore people, you have to beable to defend with tenacity, and on a consistent basis. jordan seemed allergic to setting a defense tone in the wizards locker room.

now it's totally unreasonable to say, keep the coach and get rid of the players. so jordan had to go. he was a decent coach, and at this point i thinkthat most people in the wizards franchise expect the playoffs, and we thank you eddie for being at the helm for that transformation, but now we need someone toget us to another level.

MY LB(Line Brother) called me early yesterday with the news. He might have to take a Sabbatical as the VP of Player Personnel and might to assist as Asst.Coach for the rest of the season. He told me Polin gave Ernie the greenlight, so now Ernie's building the team he wants. While Eddie Jordan is a respectedWashingtonian, He is NOT Ernie's guy.

This was only coming sooner than later, as the Wizards can't make it past 1st round. The a 1-10 start? Curtains.

Damn team putting my Playoff Seats in jeopardy.
smh.gif
smh.gif

having 3 bonafide all-stars and making into the playoffs is not an accomplishment....

I wouldn't call them bonafide.... but All Stars Indeed. You can't look at Jamison and Caron and say to yourself... I GOTTA get tickets to go seethese guys play live... They don't have the IT factor. They are simply HARD NOSE Solid NBA players.... Gil Stole Money and the All Star games he'sbeen in he didn't do anything to show he belonged with the rest of them.

The fact is... Altho I don't think EJ should have been fired cause they will do NO better than they have with him.. He made the mistake of winning withoutGil before.. BUT that was the 1st half of the season last year when no one else was really playing but the Wiz... Everyone knows only the West takes gamesserious that early in the season.

This is the ONLY Hometeam Basketball Team I will ever love.
le

And was I the only one to find this absolutely hilarious??
roll.gif

Welp.... at least there will be no Wizards/CAVS series.... lol
And I don't feel as bad now for saying Abe needs to go to Heaven in order for the Franchise to do better... Abe HAS to put the Team in Ernieshands.. He has no one else to run the team for him. His Brother owns a Poo Poo Hotel in Seattle or Oregon.. His sons want NO parts of it..

He alienated Wes when he fired Jordan (remember that temporary leave of absence?) Abe is a good man and smart in his hey day when building his businessOUTSIDE of Basketball.. but as a NBA orwner he has been [Barkley]Turrble[Barkley]

I feel bad for ticket owners..

Time for those commericals...

When they advertise you to come see the VISITING TEAM...

"C'on down... and watch Kobe and Gasol bust our *** with our "Verizon Center Laker package" just for you Wiz fans!"

W

T

F

!

I wouldn't call them bonafide.... but All Stars Indeed. You can't look at Jamison and Caron and say to yourself... I GOTTA get tickets to go see these guys play live... They don't have the IT factor. They are simply HARD NOSE Solid NBA players.... Gil Stole Money and the All Star games he's been in he didn't do anything to show he belonged with the rest of them.

i dont know what your definition of bonafide allstar is but tawn' and tough juice are just as good as jermaine o'neal, josh howard, mehmet okur, chrishbosh, and richard hamilton(individually yes, hamilton is a bit hyped because of the "team" he has around him). the stats for the bullets thoseall-star years were VERY good. just cause you wouldn't "pay to see them" doesn't mean they aren't bonafide allstars. you would be hardpressed to find a better player in the east on the years they were voted in.

the IT factor you talk about i understand, but that is the difference between all-stars and superstars. tawn' and tough juice aren't superstars true,but there aren't many superstars in the league, and you can win without superstars, at least for a little bit...detriot did it, and the hawks are doing itas well. so in a league with few superstars you should be able to win with all-stars, and to have 3 of them, and not be able to get out of the first round isbad coaching in my book.

the team has been goin down since that first playoff appearance... lets not forget that they got out the first round with 2 all stars not 3...caron was addedafter that season (as a replacement for l. hughes)... all that said, ol ernie never reloaded or focused on the things that could have improved the team. i dontknow why the team cant get better players to come here. look at the bench; its an absolute joke and has been for a few years. now is the time to blow up theteam. im sure they can rid themselves of some of the trash by not asking for the world from other teams...they better be smart about this new coach they bringin; but what can i expect from a team that thought bernie bickerstaff, leonard hamilton, jim lynam, and gar heard could make this team into a contender

While you make good points regarding Stars and Superstars.. You forget one thing thats falable in ALL sports.

The Athlete.

An Athlete Coached to execute Basic Fundamentals can choose to Execute or be sometimish..

Now I hear Eddie wasn't big on Coaching Defense much until Randy Ayers got the duty to put that into motion.. however.. No matter WHO you have Coaching itmakes a difference if the players are willing to execute it.

Gil laughs when saying why play defense when I can shoot for 50 points a game. That itself creates a cancer on a team. If Gil is letting his man hit the holeeverytime cause Gil doesn't EVER Slide to deny the lane.. It means a Center or Forward has to come off his man and hope someone else slides to their man ORthe Driving man dishes for an easy basket.

Thats basic Rotation. Why would you and I do well on a Rec league or pick up game had we never played together? The same reason we all play once a year at theSummit together well even if we lose.

Cause we know we have to slide and pick up other dudes men so we can stay on the court cause NO ONE likes sittin.. Athletes know they don't have to alwaysexecute cause they have Millions coming in no matter what.

Good Coaches can try and teach basic plays to run.. but how often do you see those players actually PAYING attention to the Plays being drawn up for a GoodCoach.

Then look at your Great Coaches like John Thompson or Phil Jackson.. JT would hit you in the head if you didn't pay attention in the huddle.

For me.. seeing a guy who makes the All Star team isn't as enjoyable or worthwhile to spend money as a guy who constantly PLAYS like an All Star. Of coursethere are FEW Super Stars.. so you depend on the Stars of the game to make it what its supposed to be.

No one's goin to see Jalen Rose play.. but you stick C-Webb and Woeful Juwan Howard in there and people could get excited.

Other than C-Webb being with Juwan and Jordan being an Illegitimate Wizard.. who else can you say you are excited to spend your money to come and see? Gil?Nah.. if I wanted to see a dude who THINKS he's all that.... jack up a lot of shots and play no D.. I can go to ANY Outside Playground in the DC MetroArea...then shut him down..

Ask Kev.. lol (Altho that bamma did get the best of me on my home turf)

As long as Abe still owns the team, I'll have a hard time believing that EG has 100% control of the roster. This is the same @!% backwards franchise thatgave Gil 111 mil coming off of THREE major knee surgeries. Seriously, who does that? What should have happened, was EJ should have been canned last year, andwe should have never re-upped Gil and Antawn. I would have been much happier taking a few steps backwards and letting our young guys get quality minutes (undera new coach), opposed to taking a few steps backwards and having no clue what the future holds.

As I said before, EJ should have been fired a long time ago. It's funny how people defend this guy like he's some sort of HOF coach. Yes, he's oneof the better coaches we have had here in DC, but again, in the grand scheme of things, he hit his ceiling. We got false promises EVERY year about a commitmentto defense. It never happened. This is the same coach who stubbornly sticks with no-talent vets over giving some of the younger guys chances. I rag on Blatcheall the time for his lack of B-ball IQ, but there was an extreme double-standard in the short leash he had comapred to Deshawn Stevenson. Don't even get mestarted on his love-affair w. Michael Ruffin
smh.gif

It's going to be an interesting season to say the least. The move that I would love at this point, would be to trade jamison while his value is stillsomewhat high. See if we can get an expiring contract in return and set ourselves up for making a move in FA next year.

Eh...I love this team, but I hope we lose just about every game from here on out. Blake Griffin (hopefully), here we come!

why are people still bringin up the fact that the Wiz gave arenas 11 mil?? i mean seriously, there would have been a riot in this urea if the team wouldve lethim go. i compare it to the juwan howard situation. he was let go, and people were protesting on connecticut avenue!! then stern voided the miami deal, and hesigned here for over 100 mil, and the team still stunk for a while until c-webb and them came here. the only reason people are sayin this is because gil'shurt and the team is 1-10. if gil was playing right now and the team was still 1-10 or even 3-8, would it be such a big deal that he maxed out? i think not. soi think folks should stop beating that dead horse. the whole jamison deal is crazy because of his age, declining skill, and cap number because no one will makea trade of value.
maybe this team aint all that good like we thought. the fact is the team still knew that gil had a bum knee, but they didnt improve the supporting cast in away that could make the team successful. who do you blame for that? Ol Ernie Grunfeld

Originally Posted by delgc23

i compare it to the juwan howard situation. he was let go, and people were protesting on connecticut avenue!! then stern voided the miami deal, and he signed here for over 100 mil, and the team still stunk for a while until c-webb and them came here.
Details are a little inaccurate man.

Webber and JHoward got here together, in 94-95... via trade and NBA Draft.

Webber was on consistent "Arenas status" with a SHOULDER (a damn SHOULDER) that kept bumming out, but he was here.

Howard needed C-Webb to survive here. And yes, I was many that thought he was better than he actually proved to be later.

Guys,

As a faithful, bitter Bullets/Wizards fan for about 23 years now (with about 4 of those years being happy ones), I am more than convinced that, like anybusiness, it starts from the very top and trickles on down.

I think Eddie Jordan deserves credit, as well as Grunfield, for making lemon into the best lemonade they could.

But through 8 different coaches, a name change, and location change in 10 years, these dudes are just the same Bullets from the mid 80s to late 90s.

Abe gotta go man. Point blank.

Any other franchise will have its run, and rebuild. Classic case is the Trailblazers. Look at Indiana.

US?

I think Abe has been happy with 30 a season since before I was born! You kept Wes Unseld 5 years too many, but give Eddie the boot with half of his team, anda typical Washington BULLETS bench.

History lesson -- Eddie got us 40+ wins the last 4 seasons. THAT has not happen since 1974- 1979 seasons.

People want to preach defense, but when you don't have the talent, nor the "leader" of the team to commit to it (who also was at odds with EJsince day one), you work with what you have.

That's all Eddie did. And he did it well.

Now?
No harm, but I wouldn't come here to coach. Not even with a top 5 pick. Avery Johnson? Doug Collins (who doesn't even like to come to D.C. anymore,lol)? We *** out, with Mark Jackson and Kenny "the jet" Smith as *serious* lead coaching candidates who may accept a lowball offer.

If anyone deserves a wax figure, its Caron. However, I expect him to demand a trade out of here shortly.

McGee is only true bright light on this team, and he's in the wrong atmosphere to develop properly. He got Brendan and Etan and Andray to rely on forguidance.

Psht!

"That's the reason I'm a Bullets fan."

If they signed Elton Brand and Monta Ellis, fans would not have cared if Arenas was let go. Because they would have been winning. Or worst case scenario, theycould have done a sign and trade with New York for Marbury.

I'm not a Wizards fan at all, but Brand and Marbury/Ellis plus what they have is better then what they have now.........

Arenas is a good player, but not worth $100 mil plus.

^^PLUS you can't compare the Buzz and near success the team had IN SPITE of having the GM and Coaches they had back then.

As nice of a guy as Wes is.. He was a HORRIBLE Evaluator of Talent...

Pretty Much why him and MJ got along. They thought Kwame was GREAAAAAT. Word to Frosted Flakes...

Funny how this league is set up for some teams to bail other teams out, EVEN the Wiz.. but look at the Knicks off loading HUGE Contracts just to free up forthe King. Do you REALLY think Nike bases many of its LBJ promotions around Lebron just because.

The Bamma has openly admitted loving to play in Madison and the Yanks are his team.... That bamma barely WATCHES baseball!!!

Originally Posted by delgc23

why are people still bringin up the fact that the Wiz gave arenas 11 mil?? i mean seriously, there would have been a riot in this urea if the team wouldve let him go. i compare it to the juwan howard situation. he was let go, and people were protesting on connecticut avenue!! then stern voided the miami deal, and he signed here for over 100 mil, and the team still stunk for a while until c-webb and them came here. the only reason people are sayin this is because gil's hurt and the team is 1-10. if gil was playing right now and the team was still 1-10 or even 3-8, would it be such a big deal that he maxed out? i think not. so i think folks should stop beating that dead horse. the whole jamison deal is crazy because of his age, declining skill, and cap number because no one will make a trade of value.
maybe this team aint all that good like we thought. the fact is the team still knew that gil had a bum knee, but they didnt improve the supporting cast in a way that could make the team successful. who do you blame for that? Ol Ernie Grunfeld
Why am I mad that the Wiz gave Gil 111 million? You tell me? Please find me another NBA player coming off of THREE major knee surgeries who gotoffered the max, took 111 mil instead because he's a "good guy." That's an insane amount of money for a guy who we have no clue willresemble the player he was before he got hurt the first time vs. the Bobcats. There isn't another franchise in the NBA who would give that amount of moneyto a player who is as oft injured as gil. Giving money out on good faith
laugh.gif
. There's a reason why we're a mom n' pop run organization. It's not so much my problem with Gil (because honestly, who WOULDN'T take that cash if it was offered), but rather my problem with how decisions aremade by Abe. Don't be fooled into thinking this was purely EG's decision. It ALL starts with Abe. He's loyal to a fault. He's a great man,and has done some wonderful things in this city, but in today's NBA he doesn't get it. There needs to be new direction, and it starts at the top.

Back
Top Bottom