Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

The primeknit/solid rubber is a great shoe, but it's the heaviest modern shoe I've played in. If Adidas figures out how to cut the weight down of Boost it might be a wrap.

I'm a guard. I'll admit, I need a little more run in the Crazy Explosive to give them a fair rating, but from what I've worn so far...

1. Dame 3
2. Harden Vol. 1
3. D Rose 7

However, and I've posted this in another thread, it's not like just because one of these shoes ranks lower than another for me it means one is an "A" and one is a "F". A more accurate way of assessing it would be like 9.8 vs 9.3 vs. 9.0, a number scale like that would be more accurate because these shoes are all amazing to me. I believe there's a flavor for everyone out there if they're willing to give Adidas Basketball a shot. 

How'd you size the Dame 3?

How'd you size the Dame 3?
Had to go a half size down for the Dame 3. I know Adidas sizing is tricky, but if you get it down you're money. So my Adidas sizing for this "season" is as follows:

1. Dame 3 (Size 9)

2. Harden Vol. 1 (Size 9)

3. D Rose 7 (Size 9.5)

4. Crazy Explosive (Size 9.5)

As you can see I had to go a half size down in both the Harden and Dame shoe, but TTS on the D Rose and Crazy Explosive felt perfect. 

For bonus reference:

*Curry 3 (Size 9)

*Curry 2 (Size 9.5)

Something about this season's models are running long for me. Maybe I'm shrinking. Ha

My toenail fell off this morning. It had been black and blue since playing in the D Rose 7 for 2 hours in December. Off to toenail heaven now. RIP. Pics available upon request.

RaspberryRomeo, did you ever pick up the new charcoal grey colorways? I tried ordering them off the Adidas website but the site keeps giving me an error message every time I tried to order it. 

Last edited:
My toenail fell off this morning. It had been black and blue since playing in the D Rose 7 for 2 hours in December. Off to toenail heaven now. RIP. Pics available upon request.
Sucks man, sorry to hear that! I have too many pairs of these now and I love them for on-court use. Although, I did go a half size up on these compared to my normal size. And some people recommended an insole swap (Sof Sole "Thin Fit" I think it was), but I can see how all of this wouldn't help your nail now. Ha ha, sorry again! 

RaspberryRomeo, did you ever pick up the new charcoal grey colorways? I tried ordering them off the Adidas website but the site keeps giving me an error message every time I tried to order it. 
Yes I did! Although, they are not Primeknit like the website states they are. I was gonna buy them regardless, but I was crossing my fingers that they were actually Primeknit and Adidas was accidentally charging less, ha ha. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

That's weird, maybe you can call and place your order over the phone? Inconvenient, I know, but maybe if you explain the inconvenience to them they can knock off shipping charges or something? I'm not good at this type of negotiation, but maybe you are. Ha ha. Good luck! 

I've hooped in my pair several times now, and the traction is amazing, lockdown is great.... but I don't feel the cushioning, especially forefoot. Not sure what's up with that. Otherwise these would be certified beasts

I've hooped in my pair several times now, and the traction is amazing, lockdown is great.... but I don't feel the cushioning, especially forefoot. Not sure what's up with that. Otherwise these would be certified beasts

Opposite of the Rose 6. Great full length Boost feel but lockdown wasn't good in those. Guess there was too much Boost for Rose so they made the 7 lower to the ground? Putting thicker insoles does make them feel cushioned though.

I had same issues with my Rose 7s. Forefoot boost just felt dead.

Good to know it's not just me.... still feel like theyre similar to Kyrie 2s, just these are bulkier. The rounded sole thing is obviously different but the traction/lockdown combo is on another level

Maybe that insole swap like many other people are doing will fix that problem for you and make them certified beasts? I even read that some people were taking the insole from their Rose 6's and putting them in their Rose 7's for a heavenly pairing. I'm yet to try that though, but considering it...just for kicks. No pun intended. 
pimp.gif

^ yeah I insole swapped with my flyknit hyperdunk 16s which are a nice thickness but still cushioning is average at best. Oh well I hooped in em last night and played well :lol:

Back
Top Bottom