Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

I hooped in the 5,6, and now the 7 extensively and here is my take on the 7.

I think the 6 spoiled some people. If the 7 would have come out right after the 5, people would appreciate the boost set up more. The boost in the six was super comfy and bouncy, but too high off the ground for me, in the 5 it was too thin and the forefoot Boost wasn't too noticeable. But I feel the 7 is the right balance.

Last edited:
That's cool man. It's my first time hooping in adidas shoes so I can't comment on the previous models but I just know the cushioning is not great

That's cool man. It's my first time hooping in adidas shoes so I can't comment on the previous models but I just know the cushioning is not great

I definitely hear you. The 7 seemed great to me until I played in the crazy explosive, now it's hard to go back to the rose 7 after that. And all of the recent Adidas have made me neglect my Nikes.

^ yeah I insole swapped with my flyknit hyperdunk 16s which are a nice thickness but still cushioning is average at best. Oh well I hooped in em last night and played well
laugh.gif
Ha ha, just a quick Triple-Double on 'em, no big deal. 
laugh.gif

Maybe Summer? They're still releasing CE lows so they don't want to cross paths with each other's sales?

Just bad luck in terms of his durability.  Look at Westbrook, who plays pretty much the same as Rose did back in his MVP season days.  It's really impressive that Westbrook manages to stay healthy with all of that usage.  I thought after KD left that RW would get injured at some point in the season, but he seems fine.

Rose reminds me of Brandon Roy.  Just amazing talents that were at or approaching superstar status, but marred by injuries.

Just wanted to drop by saying how much I wish these would fit me!

Usually a size 10, I ordered 9.5 and 10 for both primeknit and mesh versions of the D Rose 7. 10's fit perfect but too much space in the toe box for my comfort.... such a shame too since there are some fire colorways and I like the boost in these more for basketball then on the Crazy Explosive's.

I finally picked up my first pair of Rose 7 and I have no issues witn this toe space or toe jamming. I went with my regular adidas size or UK size and it fits just a bit looser than the Harden 1 which I find very snug in my adidas size. Snug but my toes can move freely which is the fit I like similar to the KD 7 fit which is one of my favorite fitting shoes..The KD7 Elite on the other hand I could have went a full size up but didnt want to take the chance and half size up is good enough.

The cushion on the Rose 7 i find to be more plush than the CLB16 which many has said it is similar to. I got the "Knicks" PK CW, white/blue/black/gray with black outsole which is perfect for casual wear. Just hope and probably will be a dirt magnet like most white knitted shoes.

Just wanted to drop by saying how much I wish these would fit me!

Usually a size 10, I ordered 9.5 and 10 for both primeknit and mesh versions of the D Rose 7. 10's fit perfect but too much space in the toe box for my comfort.... such a shame too since there are some fire colorways and I like the boost in these more for basketball then on the Crazy Explosive's.
In situations like those I go with the smaller shoe. I can deal with some tightness until the shoe loosens up a bit, but with extra space in the toe box there's really no remedy.

Just bad luck in terms of his durability.  Look at Westbrook, who plays pretty much the same as Rose did back in his MVP season days.  It's really impressive that Westbrook manages to stay healthy with all of that usage.  I thought after KD left that RW would get injured at some point in the season, but he seems fine.

Rose reminds me of Brandon Roy.  Just amazing talents that were at or approaching superstar status, but marred by injuries.
Westbrook doesn't play as much of a herky-jerky, change of direction style. I imagine that puts a ton of torque and wear on the joints.

Back
Top Bottom