Official AFC West 2011 Season Thread | Week 17: Denver, Oakland to the wire; #1DEN #1OAK #4SD #4KC

nah he wasnt struggling.

jon and jamaal charles got into it in the locker room then thomas jones stepped in and jon and jones got into it and jon broke his thumb. jon is already known to be a diva and jones is known to fight younger dudes in the locker room. idk why jon would want to fight him. jones is HUGE this year. it was all over earning respect on the team and jon thought he deserved is automatically.

J. Charles even said something about it on twitter.

charles25: Thomas Jones is my hero..lol. Respect is earned by hard work. Blood,sweat,and tears.""

Jamaal Charles (jcharles25) on Twitter

pretty sure its not gonna be an issue in the long run.

Baldwin better check himself. Who the @@*% is he to step to TJ and JC
laugh.gif

Fan violence mars Raiders-49ers game
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 21, 2011, 7:54 AM EDT

Saturday night’s Raiders-49ers preseason game was marred by violent incidents involving fans, including one man being badly injured in a beating in a Candlestick Park restroom, and two men getting shot in the parking lot afterward.

A 24-year-old man is at San Francisco General Hospital with what have been referred to as life-threatening injuries after he was shot following the game.

The victim was wearing a “F- the 49ers

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

what is it with SF fans and almost dying???
Thats what happens when a large portion of their biggest rival's fanbase is made up of thugs who look for fights. 

Originally Posted by MzD650

Thats what happens when a large portion of their biggest rival's fanbase is made up of thugs who look for fights. 

Typical Niners fan response. Our fanbase is nothing but thugs. Every team has a handful of idiots.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Typical Niners fan response. Our fanbase is nothing but thugs. Every team has a handful of idiots.
I'm not a Niner fan.

I'm not a Giants fan.

Every team has thugs.

Dodgers have more than most.

Raiders have a ton more than most.

I never said that Raider fans are nothing but thugs. 

I'm not a Niner fan.

I'm not a Giants fan.

Every team has thugs.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I'm not a Niner fan.

I'm not a Giants fan.

Every team has thugs.

indifferent.gif
Sorry bro.  Truth hurts.  I wasnt speaking of any of you in here specifically.

I'm not a Niner fan.

I'm not a Giants fan.

Every team has thugs.

living in the LA area, it's a ton of raider and dodger fans and laker fans when the playoffs come around that give the fanbases a bad look.  that said i really don't consider those idiots fans anymore, their just morons wearing that teams apparel.  it's happened everywhere, from bronco fans throwing snowballs with batteries in them at raider players before, to the infamous snowball giants chargers game from 95. alcohol and a moblike mentality in the stands plays a role as well.

that said while im very anti raider, i gained a newfound respect for actual raider fans this past december,  my neighbor who's a raider fan took me to the game in san diego this past december,  while i could care less about the raiders, i wasn't passing up on free tickets, all the raider fans i met up there were real cool and welcoming, invited us to their tailgate and what have you.  defenitly painted a way different picture of raider fans then what im used to
laugh.gif

Was at the Raider-Niner game on Saturday, saw some pretty intense fights. One in particular was hard to watch. This bigger, pacific islander looking Raider fan was choking out a smaller Niner fan from behind, and no one was getting close to breaking his grip. When the police finally showed up the Raider fan let go and the Niner fan fell face first into the pavement, blood spreading on the ground for the two minutes he was lying there unconscious. Staff had to bring out an emergency crew to carry him off to what I assumed would be an ambulance.

Dumb fans everywhere, regardless of team.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

Originally Posted by frankl1001

lol raiders used a 3rd rounder for Pryor
as a chargers chiefs fan this is good news 
laugh.gif
fixed. but really, you think Al is gonna put him a QB or use him at WR or TE? i think he would be a beast of a TE. how are his blocking skills? 

As soon as he ran that 4.4 40 they should have handed him a raiders jersey...no  way Al was passing on him 

Originally Posted by frankl1001

lol raiders used a 3rd rounder for Pryor
laugh.gif
fixed. but really, you think Al is gonna put him a QB or use him at WR or TE? i think he would be a beast of a TE. how are his blocking skills? 
They would have been looking dumb if they had waited til the 4th or 5th round and someone else took him with all the picks they have coming back.
Worse comes to worse, Pryor works himself into the system, reps at WR and QB after practice work and the like. And if he is comfortable with the system late season pt isnt out of the question.
He has more tools than Tebow...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

laugh.gif
They would have been looking dumb if they had waited til the 4th or 5th round and someone else took him with all the picks they have coming back.
Worse comes to worse, Pryor works himself into the system, reps at WR and QB after practice work and the like. And if he is comfortable with the system late season pt isnt out of the question.
He has more tools than Tebow...

Yeah the guy could have been a first rounder. I'm happy we picked him he's going to be
sick.gif
in madden.

I'm satisfied with the pick, really. Like some posters have said before me, we're going to be getting some picks back from Miller and Nnamdi, so this fuss over not having picks is overblown. Further, it's not as if we can't trade for picks.

Talking about Pryor specifically, I think he'll be given the chance to be a QB instead of being directed immediately into a pass catcher. He's a winner at the position, there's no reason not to give him at least a chance to show some ability at the NFL level, especially with his raw talent.

Orton wins Denver starting job, No. 2 up for grabs

By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Pro Football Writer

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Denver Broncos coach John Fox has seen enough to name Kyle Orton(notes) his starting quarterback.

What he hasn’t determined is who’s No. 2.

Fox said Tim Tebow(notes) and Brady Quinn(notes) have two more preseason games to win the job as Orton’s primary backup.

Because the league’s new rules don’t mandate teams designate their quarterback rotation on game day any more, the winner of that QB competition might remain a mystery, however, barring an injury to Orton.

The Broncos began training camp trying to trade Orton but when no teams made an offer, they opened the competition and Orton quickly showed he was the best of the bunch.

He’s gotten almost all the work with the starters.

“Well, we’ve talked to the quarterbacks, in particular Kyle,

T. Pryor was a great pic... No matter what the drones on TV said. Newton and Tebow are getting paid millons. Pryor will only get 500 thou a year for 4 yrs. That is less than what we paid JaBusto for a win

Other reactions to Pryor drafted by Oakland

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31008/reaction-to-pryor-pick-pours-in[/h3]
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31008/reaction-to-pryor-pick-pours-in
Reaction to Pryor pick pours in
August, 22, 2011 6:20 PM ET

By Bill Williamson
There is a lot of reaction to Oakland’s decision to take former Ohio Sate quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the third round of the supplemental draft on Monday. It was the first time Oakland has taken a player in the supplemental draft since it began in 1977.

Pryor is a project who has blazing speed at 6-foot-6 and 240 pounds, and could eventually play receiver. He has said he is open to playing other positions, but he would like to remain a quarterback. I wrote earlier Monday that Pryor fits Oakland’s profile, so his selection is not a surprise, yet I think taking him in the third round was too high.

[+] Enlarge
David Dermer/Getty ImagesTerrelle Pryor's speed would have made him among the fastest receivers at April's combine.
Let’s take a look at some other the reactions on Oakland’s selection of Pryor:
  • This is some of what Steve Muench of Scouts Inc. wrote in an Insider piece: Indications are Oakland is looking at Pryor more as a wide receiver than a quarterback in the NFL, and while that's an encouraging sign, given his deficiencies as a passer, the third round is still very early for a player who is a developmental project at wideout. Pryor lined up at receiver a few times at Ohio State, but there's a huge difference between getting by on athletic ability and knowing the position well enough to succeed against NFL defenders.
  • Mel Kiper, however, is more inspired by the pick and he thinks Pryor could successfully make a position switch. Here are some of his thoughts in an Insider piece: I have said for literally months that Pryor would be smart to consider a position switch to either wide receiver or tight end, and that if he was willing to make that move, his value could be far greater, even as a developmental prospect. Well, based on what John Clayton is reporting, that the Raiders are likely to have Pryor switch positions after taking him in Round 3 of the supplemental draft, there are reasons to believe Pryor can make the switch and become an impact player. All the jokes about Al Davis and 40 times aside, consider some factors. First, let's remember that this wasn't just a really good 40 time. At the NFL combine before the draft, Edmond Gates was the fastest wide receiver, and he checked in with a 4.37 40, a fantastic time. But Gates is also about 6-feet tall and a little more than 190 pounds. Pryor ran a 4.38 to a 4.41 based on which stopwatch you believe, but think about that: at six inches taller and almost 40 pounds heavier, he is showing the same speed as the fastest receiver at the combine. In fact, this kind of performance may well have been the story of Indy. Even the greatest of skeptics can't scoff at that kind of showing. Guys have jumped up draft boards for years based on this. If Pryor was in the conversation all along as a catcher of passes, and not a thrower, it's not inconceivable to think he could have been taken even higher.
  • I talked to Kevin Weidl of Scouts Inc. on Monday to get his thoughts. He said he could see Pryor develop into a Brad Smith-type player who can help in Wildcat situations. Weidl said he doesn’t think Pryor is necessarily a sure thing as a quarterback or as a receiver prospect. He said Pryor is inaccurate and unpolished as a passer and he looks tight as a route runner. But he understands the Raiders taking a chance on him because he fits what they want. “He was the Raiders’ guy and they jumped on him,

Back
Top Bottom