Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

nah your exactly right. I’m approaching this all wrong I can’t compare them to high end designer brands. I think there price point is confusing cause they can’t be put in that conversation because of the clothes they make but the pricing is what makes me look at them funny…. Cause it’s like what are you trying to be? Are you trying to be designer with the price point? Are you “high” end streetwear because of your collections? I dunno I just don’t think it’s enough to merit all this praise
I agree with a lot of what you're saying, I just think it's hard to label them because they kind of sit in this middle ground between streetwear and more pricey, designer clothing. I guess Noah might be the best comp. Or, as JPS JPS mentioned, they're kinda just a newer refresh of RL.

I think they kind of stand out compared to other brands (like Noah and even more so, Kith and Supreme) because they don't delve too far into that overly corny stuff streetwear has become associated with. I know a lot of you on here are into Kith, but you can't deny they pump out a lot of lazy / corny collabs. I feel like ALD has really avoided that so far, which makes it a perfect brand for people moving on from that other stuff. It's an easy middle ground between traditional streetwear and more expensive designer clothing, without a lot of the negative / immature baggage.

nah your exactly right. I’m approaching this all wrong I can’t compare them to high end designer brands. I think there price point is confusing cause they can’t be put in that conversation because of the clothes they make but the pricing is what makes me look at them funny…. Cause it’s like what are you trying to be? Are you trying to be designer with the price point? Are you “high” end streetwear because of your collections? I dunno I just don’t think it’s enough to merit all this praise

They tried to be high end when they named the brand all French and **** and they from Queens. :lol:

Beef and brocs are fire
just checked the pics on their site, the taupe pair is nice too. I actually kinda like those better
I’d like to own both

just copped a pair of both socks. First ALD purchase..Admired the brand from a distance because of prices but reading in here I like how they do drops. Seems reasonable for once

so there was an EA drop and then GR this morning? Not gonna be any more drops right? Resale is too much

I'm not even going to lie, my taste is on the tamer side of things, but if that knit was cut a little differently I definitely would love that in my wardrobe lol.

-Drew

Its such a fire piece. I even like the fit, looks good with the pants. I woudda toned it down with a lot more plain pants.

I really just said Kuz had a good fit. Im ashamed.

Beef and brocs are fire
just checked the pics on their site, the taupe pair is nice too. I actually kinda like those better
I’d like to own both

just copped a pair of both socks. First ALD purchase..Admired the brand from a distance because of prices but reading in here I like how they do drops. Seems reasonable for once

so there was an EA drop and then GR this morning? Not gonna be any more drops right? Resale is too much
There was EA for the apparel on Thursday and the public drop yesterday. Four different tier raffles for the shoes all went out Monday.

I aint even gonna lie, I like the beefs and brocs but I might off them for those OW2’s everyone and their said they hated but now all of a sudden wants. Resale went up too to like $700 smh.

I passed on the EA raffle, but of course I woke up this morning to "try" and ended up copping the B&B pair I had in my cart saved from EA..lol

What you guys see with brands like ALD, Kith, Noah, etc. is basically a product of all of us. We wanted to be different with streetwear. Then we grew up. We didn’t outgrow that need to be different. As a result, because regional fashion stopped w da internet, we separate ourselves via “grown up” street wear. We went beyond graphic tees and hoodies. And when we want such clothes, we pay a mark up. End of the day. It’s just clothes.

What you guys see with brands like ALD, Kith, Noah, etc. is basically a product of all of us. We wanted to be different with streetwear. Then we grew up. We didn’t outgrow that need to be different. As a result, because regional fashion stopped w da internet, we separate ourselves via “grown up” street wear. We went beyond graphic tees and hoodies. And when we want such clothes, we pay a mark up. End of the day. It’s just clothes.

Speak for yourself. I’m outchea.

da4a2a8fd0ac87efb6dbf88cbe4e3a6b.jpg

Just kidding. I don’t even own a piece of Surpreme, Kith, or ALD clothing. Just shoes lol

you nailed it man

Cant wait for the Kin Aime Noah Dore 990v3 collab. Catered to us old washed folk. Comes with a voucher for a free coffee and a ticket to skip the line on Saturdays.

Damn Teddy. How could you bite off of Reebok.

First RL, then on to Nike, now this?

What's wrong with ya'll over there?
How much longer you going to let this go on?
I don't even feel like wearing your **** anymore.

:lol:

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom