Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

nah im speaking on basics. Ive never copepd their collabs outside of some JW socks on sale. I'm tombout their uniqlo u stuff. perfect for my environemnt remember

Nah I know, I just had to throw in the collab stuff since the Jil stuff dropped.

I feel like ALD is a newer RL. funny enough I was never into RL growing up, was way more tommy and nautica.

And when I finally did start appreciating RL it was always their subs brands. I love RRL and dont get me started on how much I miss Rugby. and while we at it RIP to Denim and Supply lol
D&S used to have really solid pieces and other than my raw denim...RRL can't be beat.

C52650EF-1FEB-4EB7-A830-9F17FB313AF2.jpeg

EDIT: Out of all my coats I ever owned, this Zara one been my fan. Fits great (cant tell here :lol: ) and quality is decent. Wore it a ton and has held up quite nice. Think it was only like $150 or something too.

Designer brands will run you a few stacks. I have a Haider Ackerman overcoat that was 3g’s retail (paid nowhere close to that) and it doesnt even feel THAT nice. I had a Margiela one that I also and it felt really nice but honestly not nowhere close to the retail price. Tbh it was a bit stiff. Now designer brands they would last me forever, feels heavier and construction is TOP notch but im honestly fine with my Zara coats. For the price, I like them and im talking more the few they have that are oversized and longer than than the standard length of coats. For some reason they fit alot better.

That being said, curious how the Kith one feels for $450. Their products generally have ok qualify. Id love a FoG x Zegna coat, the lapels or whatever you call it look real nice and wide on em but that price. Ouch.
Dope wally's first off.....second, i definitely agree with alot of your points. When buying designer you have to be educated and no what to get, what to pay, and where to get it. Obviously some brands quality is always top notch but, others will sell you the name and not the quality you expect. You'll end up with a very expensive over priced garment. That's why I like buying items like that vintage. It's tried and true and obviously has enough quality to make it to the vintage level. Also, vintage shop staff/owners are typically very knowledgeable and can help you navigate your purchase.

Knowing the design process of Kith def sets me on side yeye level with their stuff. Theyll source great stuff but design team deadass aims to maximize profit by iden tifiying where they can add ectras like inner pockets and extra seams just so they can mark up the price.

The nature of my job has me set on a simple rotation. I shoudl be able to just minimize my wardrobe but the allure of diverse garment choices always got me peeping. Would I ever make my closet strictly aime? at this point in my life maybe. Price is the biggest detractor. Uniqlo has always been my staple and I add on more expensive pieces around it.

sorry for the dear diary post lol

This has to be the longest thing you've ever written on NT. :lol:

ALD ain’t even that fire for y’all to be like this… lol if you LIKE clothing there’s no way you could be this invested in this shi*

I agree. Their base clothing isn’t anything to write home about and generally inspired/ remixes of Polo, J Press, rowing, etc. their fleece zips are particularly offputting when it comes to price. There’s nothing different to what they do versus kith or north face.

I find their Drakes, Woolrich collabs to be decent though. There have been some unique pieces to come from that style mashup. Porsche is also nice. I like the marketing videos they put together. It created a vibe and allure for the product.

The ALD marketing is what y’all are in love with not the actual clothing. The clothing is fu**** mid… like what? Other brands stomp all over this brand but there also ridiculously expensive and no marketing and are just like if you buy it you buy it… buyers are gonna stock it we don’t give a shi*

I agree. Their base clothing isn’t anything to write home about and generally inspired/ remixes of Polo, J Press, rowing, etc. their fleece zips are particularly offputting when it comes to price. There’s nothing different to what they do versus kith or north face.

I find their Drakes, Woolrich collabs to be decent though. There have been some unique pieces to come from that style mashup. Porsche is also nice. I like the marketing videos they put together. It created a vibe and allure for the product.

Im here with you. Marketing is top notch, the money they must dump has to be wild

ALD ain’t even that fire for y’all to be like this… lol if you LIKE clothing there’s no way you could be this invested in this shi*

Its not but isnt the “point” of the brand either. They have a couple of statement pieces, like the Triboro varsity. Otherwise most of the stuff are quality regular clothes with good materials. You can def pull off a fire fit all ALD but I also get what you mean by “it isnt fire” as well. I feel the same about Kith, good pieces spread throughout a drop but I woudnt call it “fire” overall either.

Might as well rename this the ALD x Kith and anything similar thread.

The ALD marketing is what y’all are in love with not the actual clothing. The clothing is fu**** mid… like what? Other brands stomp all over this brand but there also ridiculously expensive and no marketing and are just like if you buy it you buy it… buyers are gonna stock it we don’t give a shi*

What brands are we speaking of that stomp in the same realm as ALD? They arent a designer brand, I dont even consider them high end streetwear.

Theres a ton of brands I like with similar pricepoints that arent on the same capacity of stock. They have maybe a handful of items per drop, the attention to detail is crazy. I dont know what category to put them in. They probably dont have the money to have large amounts of stock and even then I dont think theyd want to have that much stock either.

Take Vale @valelives. Homegrown brand. Sick details but his items arent for everyone. ALD caters to a wider range of people.

546C06C4-34AC-4EF7-9A49-97DE4C72E0E6.jpeg

What brands are we speaking of that stomp in the same realm as ALD? They arent a designer brand, I dont even consider them high end streetwear.

Theres a ton of brands I like with similar pricepoints that arent on the same capacity of stock. They have maybe a handful of items per drop, the attention to detail is crazy. I dont know what category to put them in. They probably dont have the money to have large amounts of stock and even then I dont think theyd want to have that much stock either.

Take Vale @valelives. Homegrown brand. Sick details but his items arent for everyone. ALD caters to a wider range of people.

546C06C4-34AC-4EF7-9A49-97DE4C72E0E6.jpeg

I'm not even going to lie, my taste is on the tamer side of things, but if that knit was cut a little differently I definitely would love that in my wardrobe lol.

-Drew

Its not but isnt the “point” of the brand either. They have a couple of statement pieces, like the Triboro varsity. Otherwise most of the stuff are quality regular clothes with good materials. You can def pull off a fire fit all ALD but I also get what you mean by “it isnt fire” as well. I feel the same about Kith, good pieces spread throughout a drop but I woudnt call it “fire” overall either.

Might as well rename this the ALD x Kith and anything similar thread.

nah your exactly right. I’m approaching this all wrong I can’t compare them to high end designer brands. I think there price point is confusing cause they can’t be put in that conversation because of the clothes they make but the pricing is what makes me look at them funny…. Cause it’s like what are you trying to be? Are you trying to be designer with the price point? Are you “high” end streetwear because of your collections? I dunno I just don’t think it’s enough to merit all this praise

Back
Top Bottom