Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

So the white pair is more limited? I guess they figured more people would go for the brown pair. I want that white pair badly. See what the resell (oh no!) will be like. Cuz I’m getting them.

3EBCB8B4-F643-447F-B516-2F45EAF1A890.jpeg

I know this the ALD topic but Kith the same thing basically right? :lol: This is dope and I usually never like Kith clothing. $495 aint bad either. Would be closer to a stack if ALD.

ALD maximized all profits this year. If I’m not mistaken, almost everything (90% of the items - aside from the uniforms and sweaters/sweats/t-shirts) was made in China. Even the tote bags were this year (normally USA). Good for the company and owner(s).

A standard overcoat will hit you for a stack from most brands. Ronnie out here for the people or that’s cotton.

C52650EF-1FEB-4EB7-A830-9F17FB313AF2.jpeg

EDIT: Out of all my coats I ever owned, this Zara one been my fan. Fits great (cant tell here :lol: ) and quality is decent. Wore it a ton and has held up quite nice. Think it was only like $150 or something too.

Designer brands will run you a few stacks. I have a Haider Ackerman overcoat that was 3g’s retail (paid nowhere close to that) and it doesnt even feel THAT nice. I had a Margiela one that I also and it felt really nice but honestly not nowhere close to the retail price. Tbh it was a bit stiff. Now designer brands they would last me forever, feels heavier and construction is TOP notch but im honestly fine with my Zara coats. For the price, I like them and im talking more the few they have that are oversized and longer than than the standard length of coats. For some reason they fit alot better.

That being said, curious how the Kith one feels for $450. Their products generally have ok qualify. Id love a FoG x Zegna coat, the lapels or whatever you call it look real nice and wide on em but that price. Ouch.

Just reminded me of Acne’s current herringbone coat. So damn fire. These 2 pieces were my favorite from their recent releases.
52C423DD-F114-4F0A-B92F-20DAC1CF0EBF.png
8965EA7E-F339-4FCB-AD8A-56E25644560B.png

I kinda wanted that bottom sweater. I wish they had the name collar crewneck sweaters still. I think theh only make them in black with white lettering or like weird colors. I just want the classic gray with black lettering. That should be an essential every season piece.

I bought a cashmere overcoat from Todd Snyder during a crazy sale recently and have been happy with it thus far. I have a bunch of overcoats, even had one made at a high end tailor, and believe it or not my favorite is from JCrew.

ALD fast shipping back, all my stuff from yesterday shipped already.

I bought a cashmere overcoat from Todd Snyder during a crazy sale recently and have been happy with it thus far. I have a bunch of overcoats, even had one made at a high end tailor, and believe it or not my favorite is from JCrew.

ALD fast shipping back, all my stuff from yesterday shipped already.

ALD makes nice, err I mean Jcrew makes nice coats with good quality and decently priced. For a more traditional fit its a good choice.

Knowing the design process of Kith def sets me on side yeye level with their stuff. Theyll source great stuff but design team deadass aims to maximize profit by iden tifiying where they can add ectras like inner pockets and extra seams just so they can mark up the price.

The nature of my job has me set on a simple rotation. I shoudl be able to just minimize my wardrobe but the allure of diverse garment choices always got me peeping. Would I ever make my closet strictly aime? at this point in my life maybe. Price is the biggest detractor. Uniqlo has always been my staple and I add on more expensive pieces around it.

sorry for the dear diary post lol

Knowing the design process of Kith def sets me on side yeye level with their stuff. Theyll source great stuff but design team deadass aims to maximize profit by iden tifiying where they can add ectras like inner pockets and extra seams just so they can mark up the price.

The nature of my job has me set on a simple rotation. I shoudl be able to just minimize my wardrobe but the allure of diverse garment choices always got me peeping. Would I ever make my closet strictly aime? at this point in my life maybe. Price is the biggest detractor. Uniqlo has always been my staple and I add on more expensive pieces around it.

Ive strayed away from Uniqlo, they have gems here and there but it just doesnt hit anymore. Their collabs are also a joke. They all look the same and isnt that much different than their in house stuff. The Jil Sander collab was a disappointment (though still nice). White Mountaineering parka was nice also but you could throw that with the Jil stuff or vice versa and no one woudnt even know. I get it, its for the masses and you dont wanna overdesign for Uniqlo anyways if you were the designer.

I agree on the get cheaper stuff and build around it notion. Or expensive stuff and..build down?

After years of buying Kith to no end and ending up with a closet of overbranded clothing that was not work appropriate I purged a ton on the Real Real. I buy low profile clothing now and maybe 1 statement priced piece every few months. For ALD, that’s mostly mock neck tees, uniform etc. stuff I can wear a ton. The statement stuff I’ve bought are the kith Knicks jacket, woolrich cable cardigan, Porsche knit, player 99, etc. things that will get some wear but not stand out and be loud. I got tired of wearing big font KITH. I got a ginza today which says kith but not prominently.

ALD makes nice, err I mean Jcrew makes nice coats with good quality and decently priced. For a more traditional fit its a good choice.

Yeah, I had to size down and it still looks bulky when I wear a suit under it but I like the overall feel, weight and texture.

Ive strayed away from Uniqlo, they have gems here and there but it just doesnt hit anymore. Their collabs are also a joke. They all look the same and isnt that much different than their in house stuff. The Jil Sander collab was a disappointment (though still nice). White Mountaineering parka was nice also but you could throw that with the Jil stuff or vice versa and no one woudnt even know. I get it, its for the masses and you dont wanna overdesign for Uniqlo anyways if you were the designer.

I agree on the get cheaper stuff and build around it notion. Or expensive stuff and..build down?
nah im speaking on basics. Ive never copepd their collabs outside of some JW socks on sale. I'm tombout their uniqlo u stuff. perfect for my environemnt remember

I wore Ralph almost exclusively from 2007-2014. Stopped cuz I can’t trust the fit or quality anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever be exclusive to a single brand again but rn ALD would be the best possibility outside of the price like you said. I hate shopping and miss being able to order online and have everything fit.

I wore Ralph almost exclusively from 2007-2014. Stopped cuz I can’t trust the fit or quality anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever be exclusive to a single brand again but rn ALD would be the best possibility outside of the price like you said. I hate shopping and miss being able to order online and have everything fit.
I feel like ALD is a newer RL. funny enough I was never into RL growing up, was way more tommy and nautica.

And when I finally did start appreciating RL it was always their subs brands. I love RRL and dont get me started on how much I miss Rugby. and while we at it RIP to Denim and Supply lol

Back
Top Bottom