OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

The hell are you on about? As if we haven't gotten hundreds and hundreds of af1s since 1982?
No **** sherlock
I’m talking about the gimmicky
And hyping up of it.
Remember when the aj1 was just considered as a throwaway
How they was putting out colorway
After colorway
After colorway
And no one was buying em
And folks were talking about them getting tired of aj1’s
Then bam
Now one of the most sought after models
Let’s be real only real af1 heads really mess with af1’s nowadays
Besides the hyped colorways
And the causal people who buy shoes
They tryna make it the go to shoe
If u don’t get that
Idk what else to tell u

No **** sherlock
I’m talking about the gimmicky
And hyping up of it.
Remember when the aj1 was just considered as a throwaway
How they was putting out colorway
After colorway
After colorway
And no one was buying em
And folks were talking about them getting tired of aj1’s
Then bam
Now one of the most sought after models
Let’s be real only real af1 heads really mess with af1’s nowadays
Besides the hyped colorways
And the causal people who buy shoes
They tryna make it the go to shoe
If u don’t get that
Idk what else to tell u

f**k nike for trying to make money in order to innovate in areas where others can't or won't. i mean, who needs a self-lacing shoe or a shoe that will propel you faster than before? why would they do that???

and f**k them twice as hard for continuously finding ways to rework a handful of models over and over and over again to keep the line somewhat fresh and appealing to non-heads. surely the members of NT can sustain Nike as a business, right? we all collectively spend at least $2B/year on kicks - that at least covers R&D!

even more infuriating is why they haven't dropped TAIWANS and SHEEDS. i mean, come on, nike. get your s**t together, am i right?

f**k nike for trying to make money in order to innovate in areas where others can't or won't. i mean, who needs a self-lacing shoe or a shoe that will propel you faster than before? why would they do that???

and f**k them twice as hard for continuously finding ways to rework a handful of models over and over and over again to keep the line somewhat fresh and appealing to non-heads. surely the members of NT can sustain Nike as a business, right? we all collectively spend at least $2B/year on kicks - that at least covers R&D!

even more infuriating is why they haven't dropped TAIWANS and SHEEDS. i mean, come on, nike. get your s**t together, am i right?
Im in for at least a $1B if you'll match rogue5 rogue5

I'm not gonna quote your whole, ignorant post. I'll focus on this: "Let’s be real only real af1 heads really mess with af1’s nowadays. Besides the hyped colorways. And the causal people who buy shoes" Collabs and exclusives have been a huge drawing to af1s for almost/maybe more than 20 years (co.jp, stash, sheeds, etc). I also know some dudes that were turned on to af1s from the acronym collabs, from the nikelab releases, and from the wheat mids in like 2014. And the "casual people who buy shoes" are literally who they make shoes for, not some select few on NT.

Take a closer look at your pisspoor example, a ton of Jordan 1s go on sale - even OG colorway retros (storm blues, blue metallic, red metallic) went on sale. It seems to you that Jordan 1 hype is super high but you can still buy any midtop colorway on sale, you can buy any jumpman-branded high top on sale year-round. So you're blatantly wrong on that one. And the reason that they began selling better is because they improved the shape, comfort, and materials on them - is that such a horrible reason for shoes to start selling more? Like you just said above, as awful as some of the 25th anniversary stuff was, did it "run the model into the ground"? No. Have the thousands and thousands of people that buy all black/all white uptowns ran the model into the ground? No. Af1s aren't going anywhere. Releasing more of them is a good thing, more of a chance for you to like one. While I agree that the connect thing is a wasted gimmick, you're wrong in every other aspect.

tumblr_mlkshhrivc1qzsot5o1_400.gif

Bruh they’re shoes
innovate???
U saying they’re innovative cause of self lacing shoes??
How about sandals
How about crocs
I love shoes just as much as the next person
But let’s not front
like they be doing God’s work here
If that was the case
The price wouldn’t be at that price point
The target market who it’s SUPPOSE to be for
Are usually on some type of medical plan
And have medical bills
That are high
If it was TRUELY for them
Would be a subsidy or something
And again not at that price point
Don’t fall for the bs man
And again
They are SHOES
What r&d goes into making something that covers ur feet??
Or did they fool u with the flyknit
U know ur grandma coulda made those
All she needed was an outsole
To attach
Not to mention u said
Nikes make u run faster :lol:
Nike got folks brain washed
And I’m not tryna sound condescending
Or getting at u in any way
But don’t sit here and bs me man
Shoes are just shoes
Protect ur feet nothing more
Nothing less
I admit
I like my feet protectors to look nice
I can admit that
And I prefer them to be made by Nike
But I’m not gonna front like Nike doing it
To make the world a better place
:lol:

I'm not gonna quote your whole, ignorant post. I'll focus on this: "Let’s be real only real af1 heads really mess with af1’s nowadays. Besides the hyped colorways. And the causal people who buy shoes" Collabs and exclusives have been a huge drawing to af1s for almost/maybe more than 20 years (co.jp, stash, sheeds, etc). I also know some dudes that were turned on to af1s from the acronym collabs, from the nikelab releases, and from the wheat mids in like 2014. And the "casual people who buy shoes" are literally who they make shoes for, not some select few on NT.
I think ur confusing what I’m saying
Cause I never said or meant they only make shoes for the select few on nt or whatever
What I’m saying is
Af1’s are not a hyped shoe
Nike is TRYING to create hype back to the af1 that’s what I’m saying
Make them hyped for the masses
That’s exactly what I’m saying so everything else u typed is not even remotely close to what I’m trying to convey

hey improved the shape, comfort, and materials on them - is that such a horrible reason for shoes to start selling more? Like you just said above, as awful as some of the 25th anniversary stuff was, did it "run the model into the ground"? No. Have the thousands and thousands of people that buy all black/all white uptowns ran the model into the ground? No. Af1s aren't going anywhere. Releasing more of them is a good thing, more of a chance for you to like one. While I agree that the connect thing is a wasted gimmick, you're wrong in every other aspect.
U can say I’m wrong
But plenty of examples of Nike running a shoe into the ground
While trying to create hype
But ur set on tryna prove me wrong so ok
But foams
Plenty of aj models
Penny models
Pippen models as of recent
Are perfect examples
And again
All I’m saying is they making it a gimmick
In order to create hype
So where am I wrong??!
And why we even arguing
About Nike
This the stupidest **** ever
I don’t even have Nike stock
I don’t care less
I’m just giving my opinion on a message board
Me and u shouldn’t even be typing this much
About a company that don’t owe us ****
I mean unless u have Nike stock
Then I understand
But if not
Let’s just agree to disagree
And keep it moving
Cause I ain’t gonna front
Even if I did think u were right
and I was Wrong
I wouldn’t admit it
Cause of my pride so......
We good or u wanna type some more???

Bruh they’re shoes
innovate???
U saying they’re innovative cause of self lacing shoes??
How about sandals
How about crocs
I love shoes just as much as the next person
But let’s not front
like they be doing God’s work here
If that was the case
The price wouldn’t be at that price point
The target market who it’s SUPPOSE to be for
Are usually on some type of medical plan
And have medical bills
That are high
If it was TRUELY for them
Would be a subsidy or something
And again not at that price point
Don’t fall for the bs man
And again
They are SHOES
What r&d goes into making something that covers ur feet??
Or did they fool u with the flyknit
U know ur grandma coulda made those
All she needed was an outsole
To attach
Not to mention u said
Nikes make u run faster :lol:
Nike got folks brain washed
And I’m not tryna sound condescending
Or getting at u in any way
But don’t sit here and bs me man
Shoes are just shoes
Protect ur feet nothing more
Nothing less
I admit
I like my feet protectors to look nice
I can admit that
And I prefer them to be made by Nike
But I’m not gonna front like Nike doing it
To make the world a better place
:lol:

Nike is one of the few brands that can elevate what should be a commodity to something people covet, celebrate and cherish. That's a byproduct of relentless innovation, grounded in athletic performance at every imaginable level. Along the way they do incredible good, as they should given their position and responsibility to be better global citizens. There have been countless things over the years that actually do improve quality of life, flyease comes to mind as a great, contemporary example of this ethos. It sounds like you lack the big picture thinking or intellectual capacity to grasp this. Is nike perfect? no, there's lots of corporate evils buried in their closet, but there's a lot of good and as rogue5 rogue5 astutely said (whether you could understand his sarcasm or not), is grounded in a spirit of pushing the innovation envelope.

Nike is one of the few brands that can elevate what should be a commodity to something people covet, celebrate and cherish. That's a byproduct of relentless innovation, grounded in athletic performance at every imaginable level. Along the way they do incredible good, as they should given their position and responsibility to be better global citizens. There have been countless things over the years that actually do improve quality of life, flyease comes to mind as a great, contemporary example of this ethos. It sounds like you lack the big picture thinking or intellectual capacity to grasp this. Is nike perfect? no, there's lots of corporate evils buried in their closet, but there's a lot of good and as rogue5 rogue5 astutely said (whether you could understand his sarcasm or not), is grounded in a spirit of pushing the innovation envelope.
Ok

Let’s wait and see ..

Attachments

• 92A91616-0CD8-43D3-9600-F033821623AB.jpeg
    92A91616-0CD8-43D3-9600-F033821623AB.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 43258F04-C3B9-4733-91B3-A906D1D54E8F.jpeg
    43258F04-C3B9-4733-91B3-A906D1D54E8F.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom