OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Color placement is bizarre and I don't like the visible air. They're interesting - I'll say that.

Those BHMs are quire rare. I have some pics at home, will post them later if I remember.

The Marshalls Kobes are fake - the toe box material is the give away to me. There were a number of PEs that had generally similar colorblocking, and it's not unheard of for random PEs to wind up at places like Marshall's (though it's rare). But, it's also not all that uncommon for fakes to show up also.

Thanks...I didn't think they were real...they just look off....

BTW...love the Tim Hard away Forces...instant cop..I'm a sucker for colors...and even more so..when its put together well....

Finally got the other pair

How'd you go about getting it resolved? :lol:
First I called the store that fulfilled the order told em and they apologized and said they would send it out first thing Monday overnight shipping
Then I immediately called up finishline customer service to explain the situation so that I don't get shafted. She called the store verified and confirmed everything and that was it
Only thing is my shoe was a display
I hate getting display pairs

Besides getting display pairs, glad it all worked out.

I only asked because the mental image in my head of someone calling Customer Service like, "Son... where the hell is my other shoe?" was hilarious :lol:

Color placement is bizarre and I don't like the visible air. They're interesting - I'll say that.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Here are better pics.
Legit check anyone?

Those BHMs are quire rare. I have some pics at home, will post them later if I remember.

The Marshalls Kobes are fake - the toe box material is the give away to me. There were a number of PEs that had generally similar colorblocking, and it's not unheard of for random PEs to wind up at places like Marshall's (though it's rare). But, it's also not all that uncommon for fakes to show up also.

First I called the store that fulfilled the order told em and they apologized and said they would send it out first thing Monday overnight shipping
Then I immediately called up finishline customer service to explain the situation so that I don't get shafted. She called the store verified and confirmed everything and that was it

why do you hate getting display shoes? i kind of figured one shoe in the box meant they gave you a display pair. i have gotten a couple display pairs and they were pretty clean and nice.

Whats up with that lacing and im stuck between copping the OG safari air force 1s or just waiting for those air bakin / tim hardaway af1s that just popped up today. Any suggestions?

why do you hate getting display shoes? i kind of figured one shoe in the box meant they gave you a display pair. i have gotten a couple display pairs and they were pretty clean and nice.
maybe the fact that numerous people tried on the pair. imagine no socks, sweaty feet trying on the pair. lol

maybe the fact that numerous people tried on the pair. imagine no socks, sweaty feet trying on the pair. lol
Display shoes aren't tried on as often as you may think.  Just because the shoe is on display doesn't mean everyone who picks up the shoe or is interested in it wears that size.  Unless I am mistaken display shoes are usually the smallest size they have of the shoe.

Display shoes aren't tried on as often as you may think.  Just because the shoe is on display doesn't mean everyone who picks up the shoe or is interested in it wears that size.  Unless I am mistaken display shoes are usually the smallest size they have of the shoe.

yea, I worked at footaction for a few months 2 years ago (the power of the 30% smh).
display shoes aren't really tried on that much and honestly, certain models have more than 1 display shoe depending on the theme the store is going for so its no real way of 100% knowing your shoe was a display anyways (unless you get that plastic shoe insert when they forget to remove it).

the real issue is when a shoe has been on display too long and it starts to get discolored. not whether the shoe is tried on a lot or not.

IDK its just always irked me
and it can become discolored from all the fingers picking it up and checking it out

Last edited:
yea, I worked at footaction for a few months 2 years ago (the power of the 30% smh).
display shoes aren't really tried on that much and honestly, certain models have more than 1 display shoe depending on the theme the store is going for so its no real way of 100% knowing your shoe was a display anyways (unless you get that plastic shoe insert when they forget to remove it).

the real issue is when a shoe has been on display too long and it starts to get discolored. not whether the shoe is tried on a lot or not.

Usually in the physical store, the employee will let you know if the pair you want is the last pair and the display pair. Sometimes, they will discount them. Sometimes, if it's not a model flying off the shelves and you ask if they can discount it, they will. But, if you are having your order filled from a physical store through an online order, I'm not sure there's any practical way to get around the display pair issue.

^^^ BIP sometimes they don't know if it was a display.
For example, when the zoom rookies dropped, they had like 8-10 pairs on display throughout the store. Once another significant shoe dropped, they took all but 2 down, put the stuffing back in, then put them back in the stock room. People tend to not take mental notes of what was on display especially after some time has passed.

For example, when the zoom rookies dropped, they had like 8-10 pairs on display throughout the store. Once another significant shoe dropped, they took all but 2 down, put the stuffing back in, then put them back in the stock room. People tend to not take mental notes of what was on display especially after some time has passed.

Well, that's its own issue. Most "sneakerheads" are like Hamlet constantly washing their hands of imaginary blood. There's really no issue with a pair that was used as a display for a week or whatver - and the proof is in the pudding. If Joe Sneakerhead doesn't know a pair was a display like that, chances are he won't notice it when he buys it. ...It's like the Banksy paintings on Central Park South, if nobody tells you how you are supposed to react, you don't know - even if you claim to be an expert. But, once you tell dude it was a display pair, or he finds out some other way, he's going to throw a fit because he's the freshest dude on the block and takes all this very seriously.

Of course, that same dude disses immaculate "B-grades" and defends early release fakes, and also lists shoes his worn kicks on ebay as "new with defects" or "only tried on." So, that honor is clearly negotiable depending on self-interest.

BTW, none of this is to say that sometimes display pairs have real issues and deserve to be discounted.

Last edited:

Well, that's its own issue. Most "sneakerheads" are like Hamlet constantly washing their hands of imaginary blood. There's really no issue with a pair that was used as a display for a week or whatver - and the proof is in the pudding. If Joe Sneakerhead doesn't know a pair was a display like that, chances are he won't notice it when he buys it. ...It's like the Banksy paintings on Central Park South, if nobody tells you how you are supposed to react, you don't know - even if you claim to be an expert. But, once you tell dude it was a display pair, or he finds out some other way, he's going to throw a fit because he's the freshest dude on the block and takes all this very seriously.

Of course, that same dude disses immaculate "B-grades" and defends early release fakes, and also lists shoes his worn kicks on ebay as "new with defects" or "only tried on." So, that honor is clearly negotiable depending on self-interest.

BTW, none of this is to say that sometimes display pairs have real issues and deserve to be discounted.
i would say ur right about everything posted but if i can help it i prefer a new pair that hasnt been a display or tried on
and honestly with forces for the past couple years that hasnt been a problem
:lol: we need more af1 news if we are now all talking about displays :lol:

Last edited:
Yea, forces aren't really featured anymore. The "limited" ones never hit the floor it display anyways :lol:

i got the last og kamikaze 2's and the only reason i knew it was a display was because it had the price at the bottom of one of the shoes on a sticker

some displays aren't tried on at all cause they are chained to the wall, some stores still do that lol

i got the last og kamikaze 2's and the only reason i knew it was a display was because it had the price at the bottom of one of the shoes on a sticker

some displays aren't tried on at all cause they are chained to the wall, some stores still do that lol

yea lol and dont they put some sort of plastic thing in the shoe you cant take out?

Back
Top Bottom