OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Snakes are too basic for me. Would love to see the fits from some of the best dressing fellow NTers out there....
say less

GoroMajimafive.jpg

The 16 year old me is screaming with excitement right now!

I never had a silver spoon in my mouth as a kid, growing up in a very working class family. So I never owned a pair of Sneakers as a kid, no AF1’s, no Jordans, all my shoes were from the amazingly named UK shop Shoe Zone, where most shoes cost £10 and were not cool. But they kept my feet dry and were the most my Mum could afford, which I was grateful & loved her for.

When I was 16 I got my first dream shoe, a GR AF1 and I couldn’t be happier. They were my favourite Sneaker and the idea I spent £70 on a pair of shoes in Nike London was madness for me. Soon after I got deep into Nike AF1’s and this Linen, Japan only release was a grail Sneaker, which I had no chance of ever getting. As I’ve got older and life and my career has been good to me, I’ve had a few opportunities to buy a used OG pair of Linens, but I’ve stayed calm as I don’t like the thought of buying and wearing second hand shoes, let alone paying for the privilege from a re-seller.

The idea I’m now holding a brand new (Even if a re-release) pair of Linens has reawakened all those memories of being into Sneakers as a kid but never being able to own a new pair. The circle is now complete. 😊

IMG_5617.jpeg

Last edited:
The 16 year old me is screaming with excitement right now!

I never had a silver spoon in my mouth as a kid, growing up in a very working class family. So I never owned a pair of Sneakers as a kid, no AF1’s, no Jordans, all my shoes were from the amazingly named UK shop Shoe Zone, where most shoes cost £10 and were not cool, but they kept my feet dry and were the most my Mum could afford, which I was grateful & loved her for.

When I was 16 I got my first dream shoe, a GR AF1 and I couldn’t be happier. They were my dream shoe and the idea I spent £70 on a pair of shoes in Nike London was madness for me. Soon after I got deep into Nike AF1’s and this Linen Japan only release was a grail Sneaker, where I had no chance of ever getting. As I’ve got older, I’ve had a few opportunities to buy a pair but I’ve stayed calm as I don’t like and have never brought second hand or resale shoe.

The idea I’m now holding a brand new (Even if rerelease) pair of Linens has reawakened all those memories of being into Sneakers as a kid but never being able to own a new pair. The circle is now complete. 😊

IMG_5617.jpeg

I remember my parents taking me to Shoe Zone. Had to wear a hoody in case other kids from school were around. :lol:
Had to save up my lunch money to get a pair of Nikes.

Back then JD Sports only had white, black and grey coloured Nikes but one day I stumbled on Pickyourshoes.com back in like 04 or 05, saw all the AF1s and Air Maxes the world had to offer and I've been hooked ever since. Like you the Linens and Hong Kongs became instant grails as soon as I saw them.

Happy you finally got your grails.

I remember my parents taking me to Shoe Zone. Had to wear a hoody in case other kids from school were around. :lol:

Back then JD Sports only had white, black and grey coloured Nikes but one day I stumbled on Pickyourshoes.com back in like 04 or 05, saw all the AF1s and Air Maxes the world had to offer and I've been hooked ever since. Like you the Linens and Hong Kongs became instant grails as soon as I saw them.

Pys was dope back in the day being a poor kid looking at all the shoes they had on there.

But JD sports had exclusives that would be just as coveted as the co.jp stuff too. Made some of us Americans jealous we couldn't touch those unless we had a connect.

Thanks mate, means a lot coming from you.

I know that feeling. Shoe Zone wasn't a cool shop and some kids were snobby about it, but it's the best my Mum could do for us. When I did have £60 saved up, it felt a lot for me to spend on a shoe so never did, till I was 16 and had a part time job. As you say, at least in my part of the UK, JD and others never had exotic Sneakers but just GR, so the exotic stuff was forever locked behind magazines, music videos and kids whispering about visits to London and the US land seeing pink (PINK!) AF1's for sale.

This Linen re-release is like a little time capsule of that part of my childhood, feels good to get them. Now the real question which I shouldn't have to ask but; Do I. wear them, or get a spare? I might have to break my no buying from Stock X / Re-seller rule for this special pair!

Anybody in Australia on here and heard of this site? They got linens for 132 before shipping. Biggest size a 10.5

Ugh, still trying to find a 12 for a decent price. Missed a couple of deals on snkrdunk because I couldn't find a decent coupon. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom