OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Always been into sneakers since a kid, but Linens, along with viotechs and Espos, alerted me to the stuff that wasn’t at malls. Anyways, could never find an 11.5 or 12. Even grabbed unlinens as consolation when they came out. Feels good to finally have ‘em.

Attachments

• 9778FF2C-8E1B-4CDA-985F-23D19CD2D39E.jpeg
    9778FF2C-8E1B-4CDA-985F-23D19CD2D39E.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 454
If anyone is in LA, Century City Mall Nordstrom has a few Linens left. Scooped two for friends but nobody seemed to know they had them..

Damn, that’s pretty far from me but might make a detour if I end up anywhere near there today (have to run some errands). Thanks.

This is probably going to be a long post, but I got time.

2016, Kith opening in Miami. Back then anyone in Florida could sign up for their raffles. I signed up my wife and myself. At 10pm, Friday night, I get an email saying she won. Had to be picked up by 9am the next morning and it had to be her with her ID. She was already reading a book in bed. She was 4 months pregnant and it's a 5.5 hour drive so I questioned if I should even ask her, but **** it it's Linens, gotta try. She actually agreed, we slept 3.5 hours, got up at 2am, and headed to Miami. She just asked for a good lunch in Miami after scooping. 11 hour round trip, one day. I already knew my wife was a rider, but damn.

So over the last 8 years, my daughter has gotten into shoes and she knows that shoe is the one mommy and her rode to Miami to scoop with daddy. She says she's been going to get shoes with me since before she was born lol. Local shop held some pairs for me, went to go scoop today. Daughter called from my mom's when I was heading down there. She asked if I was getting mommy a pair. Man I felt like a complete ******* bc it hadn't crossed my mind. Thank God my local is a saint and not only saved me pairs, but put one for wifey to the side bc he assumed I wanted one for her too. True sneaker saint stuff there. So leaving the shop, daughter called again and asked if they made kids. I told her no, that size 4 was smallest size. She deadass said "Well we can get that and put them on ice." **** do I say to that other that "Yea you right." Turned back around, and again the saint was able to call in a transfer from one of their other shops for a size 4. Daughter wants to wait until hers get in to give them to mommy.

So yea, sorry for rambling, but this shoe has weirdly become a family shoe and my daughter will always think of her trip in mommy's tummy when she sees them. Idk if I'll even be here the next time they retro these but I do know my daughter will think of us when they do and that makes me happy.

The 16 year old me is screaming with excitement right now!

I never had a silver spoon in my mouth as a kid, growing up in a very working class family. So I never owned a pair of Sneakers as a kid, no AF1’s, no Jordans, all my shoes were from the amazingly named UK shop Shoe Zone, where most shoes cost £10 and were not cool. But they kept my feet dry and were the most my Mum could afford, which I was grateful & loved her for.

When I was 16 I got my first dream shoe, a GR AF1 and I couldn’t be happier. They were my favourite Sneaker and the idea I spent £70 on a pair of shoes in Nike London was madness for me. Soon after I got deep into Nike AF1’s and this Linen, Japan only release was a grail Sneaker, which I had no chance of ever getting. As I’ve got older and life and my career has been good to me, I’ve had a few opportunities to buy a used OG pair of Linens, but I’ve stayed calm as I don’t like the thought of buying and wearing second hand shoes, let alone paying for the privilege from a re-seller.

The idea I’m now holding a brand new (Even if a re-release) pair of Linens has reawakened all those memories of being into Sneakers as a kid but never being able to own a new pair. The circle is now complete. 😊

IMG_5617.jpeg
These are the stories that keeps this forum alive. Happy for you that you can reconnect to simpler times :pimp:

2016, Kith opening in Miami. Back then anyone in Florida could sign up for their raffles. I signed up my wife and myself. At 10pm, Friday night, I get an email saying she won. Had to be picked up by 9am the next morning and it had to be her with her ID. She was already reading a book in bed. She was 4 months pregnant and it's a 5.5 hour drive so I questioned if I should even ask her, but **** it it's Linens, gotta try. She actually agreed, we slept 3.5 hours, got up at 2am, and headed to Miami. She just asked for a good lunch in Miami after scooping. 11 hour round trip, one day. I already knew my wife was a rider, but damn.

So over the last 8 years, my daughter has gotten into shoes and she knows that shoe is the one mommy and her rode to Miami to scoop with daddy. She says she's been going to get shoes with me since before she was born lol. Local shop held some pairs for me, went to go scoop today. Daughter called from my mom's when I was heading down there. She asked if I was getting mommy a pair. Man I felt like a complete ******* bc it hadn't crossed my mind. Thank God my local is a saint and not only saved me pairs, but put one for wifey to the side bc he assumed I wanted one for her too. True sneaker saint stuff there. So leaving the shop, daughter called again and asked if they made kids. I told her no, that size 4 was smallest size. She deadass said "Well we can get that and put them on ice." **** do I say to that other that "Yea you right." Turned back around, and again the saint was able to call in a transfer from one of their other shops for a size 4. Daughter wants to wait until hers get in to give them to mommy.

So yea, sorry for rambling, but this shoe has weirdly become a family shoe and my daughter will always think of her trip in mommy's tummy when she sees them. Idk if I'll even be here the next time they retro these but I do know my daughter will think of us when they do and that makes me happy.

1718513963301.gif

Fantastic story.

Man, some great stories and everybody eating :pimp:

Pys was dope back in the day being a poor kid looking at all the shoes they had on there.

But JD sports had exclusives that would be just as coveted as the co.jp stuff too. Made some of us Americans jealous we couldn't touch those unless we had a connect.

Funny thing is I also had to hunt those JD pairs some years down the line since most were before my time.

1718554255702.jpeg

Old pic but Gummies were the only ones I could get DS. That and the Portlands are the only ones I have as the other two were too beat up.
I would love another pair of the grey, white and black pair.

IMG_1092.gif

Back
Top Bottom