OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

IMG_1488.png

1724884259065.gif

Never cared for the originals so these are definite pass for me.

It's cool they didn't release a 1 of 1 retro and only has minor tweaks.

I dig ‘em a bunch more knowing that Stash wanted the weatherproofing feature on a shoe to be front and center from the jump…Seems like Nike gave him his wish this time…

Always good to see somebody get to put out a pair the way they fully want them to be…

Not bad. Was hoping for an exact retro because I loved the translucent sole.

Sadly because the sole and midsole were different, the translucent sole wore out quickly. Felt like the soles were sinking, falling off.

if this is the final product, i'm cool with them staying true to the color blocking, and using that new material.

what is the purpose of that blue line going around the toe box?

Gives them a layer of waterproofing where the toe box rand is overlayed on the toe box base…Seals up where the stitching is at…Stash wanted to go weatherproof with his Nike collab shoes almost from the beginning but never quite got there with them…There was elements for sure, like the use of nylon and Nubuck…

If you look at these they also made some other weatherproofing updates to the OG design…They took away the leather midsole / translucent outsole combo…The leather gets mushy when water (snow) soaks into it and translucent outsoles, on AF1’s especially, have a tendency to wear down quickly…They even have the leather heel piece rolled under, rather than the traditional exposed stitching, to seal them up better…

These look to be Stash’s way of getting the design to a point where they can be all weather wearers that have some longevity in them…Always nice to see these designers get to fully realize the ideas they had with their collabs…

Like syko.VIP syko.VIP pointed out, the blue seal strip on the toe is similar to what Tom Sachs used on the Mars GPS shoe…

Or……..

Maybe Stash just thinks that looks better than the OG’s :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom