OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

NBYs arrived - much better than the renderings

IMG_3907.jpeg

Going back to the Stash’s…Hot take, I think I prefer the new version, that toe box lining notwithstanding…

The rubber midsole is the best upgrade the shoe could’ve gotten and this right here is the reason why…
IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4520.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg

Put any type of decent wear on the OG’s and they end up looking absolutely hideous with the smashed out midsole…New pair is getting got, and maybe even a double up if they’re easy to come by…

That’s not true. The midsole there is done, that’s why they look like that. It has nothing to do with the leather liner.

Does anyone know if they new version is even goretex, doesn’t seem to be?

Going back to the Stash’s…Hot take, I think I prefer the new version, that toe box lining notwithstanding…

The rubber midsole is the best upgrade the shoe could’ve gotten and this right here is the reason why…

Put any type of decent wear on the OG’s and they end up looking absolutely hideous with the smashed out midsole…

That’s not true. The midsole there is done, that’s why they look like that. It has nothing to do with the leather liner.

Does anyone know if they new version is even goretex, doesn’t seem to be?

You're confused. He's not talking about a leather liner nor did he mention one. He's talking about the leather midsole that OG Stash's had. Thus why they're mushed.

The air bubbles inside deflated, but the leather midsole makes it look like mush. A lot of us have old AF1's with deflated bubbles and the standard rubber midsole. With the standard rubber midsole, the shoe 'looks' fine from the outside, but you can feel the deflated air bubble when you step. With the OG Stash's up there, you can actually 'see' the damage because of the leather midsole.

And the new Stash's are not Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex has an agreement with collaborators where the other brand must make the words "Gore-Tex" visible. So because we can't see those words, they are not Gore-Tex. Doesn't mean the shoes aren't waterproof or even water-resistant though.

You're confused. He's not talking about a leather liner nor did he mention one. He's talking about the leather midsole that OG Stash's had. Thus why they're mushed.

The air bubbles inside deflated, but the leather midsole makes it look like mush. A lot of us have old AF1's with deflated bubbles and the standard rubber midsole. With the standard rubber midsole, the shoe 'looks' fine from the outside, but you can feel the deflated air bubble when you step. With the OG Stash's up there, you can actually 'see' the damage because of the leather midsole.

And the new Stash's are not Gore-Tex. Gore-Tex has an agreement with collaborators where the other brand must make the words "Gore-Tex" visible. So because we can't see those words, they are not Gore-Tex. Doesn't mean the shoes aren't waterproof or even water-resistant though.
interesting, about the use of the goretex branding. that makes sense on goretex collars with other clothing brands too now.

thanks for the correction - you're right it's not a leather liner but it's also not a leather midsole. the OG stash af 1 uses the typical foam midsole like any other af1. Once the foam midsole starts crumbling, the leather cupsole just kind of conforms to whatever shape the crumbled midsole will take under pressure, which is why you see the midsole bulging like that above. sure, if the shoe had a typical rubber outsole and the midsole expired, the outsole probably wouldn't bulge like that, but still would feel lumpy and mushy on the inside because there's nothing supporting your foot between the insole and outsole. so if you put a brand new foam midsole in that OG leather cupsole it'll look mostly back to normal. check this video out:

I like the leather cupsole from the original though my only gripe with the leather outsole was that it would get stained from wearing in the rain so sort of defeated the purpose of goretex. Im thinking about reviving my pair, but thinking about different ways to do it; something like full rubber midsole with a swappable storbel unit or something but just gotta find some time/research on how to do it or just buy the new version and call it a day but based on pics alone, it's not really the same thing. we'll see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom