Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Honest question are you saying this because you have all the og colorways and frags and sbbs? Cuz, i dont and id love to just walk into a store see them and cop them on sight any time i want. Kill the hype im ok with that because i honestly love 1s. I'd never get tired of em even if everyone and their mama was getting them.

Nah the only OG colors I have are the 2014 B/W and the 2015 Chis and I'm perfectly fine when I miss out on a release. Makes me appreciate them that much more if I actually do land a pair.

Curious as to what you guys do in the winter when driving. Generally I have the heat coming from the floor but I also understand that direct heat is bad for the leather

Curious as to what you guys do in the winter when driving. Generally I have the heat coming from the floor but I also understand that direct heat is bad for the leather
You don't have to worry about that. I think the concern is long term like storing your kicks in your boiler room.

nice! Do u have closer pics?

Here ya go.
After 2 days of wearing the painting on the Sole cracked. But i can live with that. The painting on the leather is still smooth. Even on the creasing Part of the toe box no cracking.
Cost me roundabout half the little pot of the angelus Royal 5, 2 brushes and some nail polisher from my wife. :D
Took me like 4 hours and my painting Skills are 2.5 of 10 :D

Here ya go.
After 2 days of wearing the painting on the Sole cracked. But i can live with that. The painting on the leather is still smooth. Even on the creasing Part of the toe box no cracking.
Cost me roundabout half the little pot of the angelus Royal 5, 2 brushes and some nail polisher from my wife. :D
Took me like 4 hours and my painting Skills are 2.5 of 10 :D

nice, im almost done with my black/green custom but im not making the sole green im using the stuff made to redue the bottoms of dress shoes so they will be black instead of green but they will not crack this way and until we can easily dye/paint the soles any color im good with black

Here ya go.
Cost me roundabout half the little pot of the angelus Royal 5, 2 brushes and some nail polisher from my wife.
happy.gif

Took me like 4 hours and my painting Skills are 2.5 of 10
happy.gif
thats awesome!!

I currently just purchased a pair of CM and royal lows and sent them to a "Air Legends" customizer. Had them sole swap the lows to the CM and swap the tongue tag. Good thing you mentioned the paint on the bottom because i was strongly considering saving some money and just painting the bottoms but i figured i don't want to have to worry about the paint in the future. I'll have some DSLR pics when i receive mines in about 2 weeks

btw. wear sole savers!

Last edited:

JB needs to start mass producing OG 1s so they become lame again 
Honest question are you saying this because you have all the og colorways and frags and sbbs? Cuz, i dont and id love to just walk into a store see them and cop them on sight any time i want. Kill the hype im ok with that because i honestly love 1s. I'd never get tired of em even if everyone and their mama was getting them.
I'd be fine if they were always in stock like AF1 so then I could beat up all my pairs and know I can scoop up another fresh pair.

nice, im almost done with my black/green custom but im not making the sole green im using the stuff made to redue the bottoms of dress shoes so they will be black instead of green but they will not crack this way and until we can easily dye/paint the soles any color im good with black
Just mow the lawn a few times in them with tape over the midsoles. When they fade the grass will be ready to cut again.

Last edited:
Just mow the lawn a few times in them with tape over the midsoles. When they fade the grass will be ready to cut again.
lol could work for sure, imagine seeing that one with tape and newspaper on them except for the soles. i would end up on the news or as a meme all over facebook lol

Here's my finished Royal. For some reason, the dye didn't work as well as it did on my yellow pair, so it's kinda splotchy.
It also bled through my nice tape job so it got on the midsole. Had to paint over it (you actually see that it's painted, because the white is t as brute as the original midsole.

Last edited:
@AUG2ATL  Those look great to me.  Its amazing how good the wings logo turned out, i could never get it to look that good by hand.

Here's my finished Royal. For some reason, the dye did work as well as it did on my yellow pair, so it's kinda splotchy.
It also bled through my nice tape job so it got on the midsole. Had to paint over it (you actually see that it's painted, because the white is t as brute as the original midsole.

Now thats a clean job. The Wings Logo Lookin awesome. Had to make a compromise on that one. What brush did you use on that Logo?

@AUG2ATL
 Those look great to me.  Its amazing how good the wings logo turned out, i could never get it to look that good by hand.
This time it was more difficult for me to do the logo. I actually deglazed all the areas I painted. It kinda flattened the logo, and made it hard to see when painting it.

Now thats a clean job. The Wings Logo Lookin awesome. Had to make a compromise on that one. What brush did you use on that Logo?
I used the Angelus detail brushes (10/0 Shader and 20/0 Spotter).

Here are my Black and Greens. The bottom shoe's midsole had A LOT of dye splotches that I removed with bleach and dried in the sunlight. I preferred this method over paint because I am unsure if the paint will stay on the rubber midsole for a long period of time.

Guys can I get a quick LC - I'm pretty sure I'm good but wanted some expert opinion. Reps will be given

Back
Top Bottom