Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Terrified to wear 2016 black/red and it starts raining unexpectedly
sick.gif
I wore my SBBs in the rain and nothing happened to them. The orange was discolored while wet, but it went back to normal after drying.
Do you guys store your kicks with the shoe trees? Seems kinda pointless in my 1's. I put them in and they don't affect the creasing at all.
I do just out of habit. 

Last edited:
All these products people use, I just use baby wipes, if I see a dirt stain, and dish detergent with warm water for the outsole. That's it.

Never had any issues.

whats the point of spraying that on a black and red leather upper? most stuff wipes off easily.. i can see a white shoe or a suede shoe, but not these..

Y'all putting water repellent on 1s, do you really plan on wearing the shoes in the rain? Just check the weather to make sure there's no precipitation.
I've worn 1s in the rain before and those things will have you slipping and sliding looking a fool :smh:

Is there a good thread for actual vintage '85 Jordan 1's? Would like to read up more on the true OG's, especially things like care and maintenance.

For the folks that have SBB and 16 Banned. Is the sizing the same? I'm looking for SBB now. I had to size down from 105 to a 10 for UNC, but that toebox is thinner than most, so I can understand that.

Rain never hurt Jordan 1s

They are plastic and rubber, won't hurt em
I thought the only actual "plastic" on the banneds are the lace bags, lace tips, and the little security tag that holds the lace bags on the shoe? :nerd:

Last edited:
For the folks that have SBB and 16 Banned. Is the sizing the same? I'm looking for SBB now. I had to size down from 105 to a 10 for UNC, but that toebox is thinner than most, so I can understand that.

uncs and sbb's fit the same

Last edited:
Y'all putting water repellent on 1s, do you really plan on wearing the shoes in the rain? Just check the weather to make sure there's no precipitation.
I've worn 1s in the rain before and those things will have you slipping and sliding looking a fool :smh:

Jordan Is have you out here slipping and slipping on concrete, fam? :lol:

Thanks! Repped. I've actually been making my way through the first thread. It's wild. Will take a look at the second.

Anyone know of a good spot to read up on care and maintenance of the vintage 1's? Haven't seen much info on the stuffing crumbling/turning to bean bags. Curious if theres a way to prevent it, or if anyone has done a restoration on that?

I thought the only actual "plastic" on the banneds are the lace bags, lace tips, and the little security tag that holds the lace bags on the shoe?
nerd.gif
Don't know if you're talking about 2011 or 2016. I did hear/see a photo of the 2016 material sticker on overseas pairs and it showed genuine leather symbol and apparently no plastic symbol in the 2016 thread...?? Theres a photo posted in there

Back
Top Bottom