Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
any "exhibit" about us so-called african americans that is supposed to be true, but begins our history at slavery does not get any acknowledgement from me. it is perpetuating lies. the new museum in dc is no different. when will they acknowledge our history BEFORE slavery when we ruled?

anyway, as for the kicks, patiently waiting for all stars. may pass on BHMs although it's a clean c/w. will be a game time decision. like i said, if it's not a must cop, i'm passing from here on out. all stars are a must.

I don't agree

because many try to erase our history in this country. Look at how Texas tried to treat slavery in their school books.

and acknowledging where I come from and what my people went through makes me more proud of where I and many of us are. It makes me proud and acknowledge the people who helped bring us here.

There's a reason why we have several holocaust museums in America.

Coast to coast

Still on the fence about top 3's. I figure since I havent gotten them at this point then i probably never will but since I'm only copping 1's now idk how "valuable" to have in the collection.

any "exhibit" about us so-called african americans that is supposed to be true, but begins our history at slavery does not get any acknowledgement from me. it is perpetuating lies. the new museum in dc is no different. when will they acknowledge our history BEFORE slavery when we ruled?

anyway, as for the kicks, patiently waiting for all stars. may pass on BHMs although it's a clean c/w. will be a game time decision. like i said, if it's not a must cop, i'm passing from here on out. all stars are a must.

I don't agree

because many try to erase our history in this country. Look at how Texas tried to treat slavery in their school books.

and acknowledging where I come from and what my people went through makes me more proud of where I and many of us are. It makes me proud and acknowledge the people who helped bring us here.

There's a reason why we have several holocaust museums in America.

they aren't acknowledging where we really come from and who we really are. our history and existence didn't start with slavery is my point. so how are they telling the TRUTH about who we REALLY are and where we really come from if their narrative starts at slavery. that's what they want is for us to believe we don't have extensive, prolific and advanced history and culture BEFORE slavery. see THAT is one of the main reasons why we've been so dumbed down and why WE don't even know who we are. we are getting our history and (re)education from our oppressors and obviously it isn't in THEIR best interest to be truthful on these matters. for if they were honest about who we are, then of course their true identity would be revealed, but i digress for the sake of the thread.

anyway, yea man them all stars lol

anyone on the fence, i'd say cop if/while u can still find a decent price. the shoe is dope, but if u wind up not feeling them u will always be able to get back at least what u paid. the price on these is only going up so there's no real risk. i'd say chances are those on the fence will keep if they cop. they may look "silly," or whatever ppl are saying, in pics but on foot is a different story. i like that they are versatile with a nice variety of color options to put out your fit together with. and of course these will be super clean come summer with just a simple black or white tee. i liked these from the beginning, but i actually appreciate them even more now that i have them. jb executed well on these imo.

anyone on the fence, i'd say cop if/while u can still find a decent price. the shoe is dope, but if u wind up not feeling them u will always be able to get back at least what u paid. the price on these is only going up so there's no real risk. i'd say chances are those on the fence will keep if they cop. they may look "silly," or whatever ppl are saying, in pics but on foot is a different story. i like that they are versatile with a nice variety of color options to put out your fit together with. and of course these will be super clean come summer with just a simple black or white tee. i liked these from the beginning, but i actually appreciate them even more now that i have them. jb executed well on these imo.
[COLOR=#red]You're right, I took Introduction to African History and I learned more about our origins, how the Europeans and other invaders wiped out our culture, how domestic slavery and the slave trade tore our people apart.[/COLOR]

Knew it was comin
of course we all knew. when i read certain things, i can't just not respond. so when they started about the dc museum, i couldn't help myself, but my intention wasn't to derail the thread.

anyway, looking closely at the all stars and SB AJ 1s, they don't at all look like they are the same material. like someone said earlier, the all stars are leather that have been colored/treated. the SBs don't look like they're leather at all on the irridescent parts.

Refering to the top 3's?

Unds'd my Dovers last night and already lost an aglet lol. Does anyone know where I can get replacement ones or if someone's selling them. I think I'm going to e mail Dover Street to see if they have any left over.

Unds'd my Dovers last night and already lost an aglet lol. Does anyone know where I can get replacement ones or if someone's selling them. I think I'm going to e mail Dover Street to see if they have any left over.
That's what I am always afraid of when I wear mine. That's why I don't even use them. Good luck finding them. Try eBay too, if you haven't already

Nike makes those really bad. I constantly lose them.

Back
Top Bottom