Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I explained what I meant by uninspired, it was weak. I wanted something louder with more color. The shoe only has red and blue. But let's be real here, could jb not have done something else? And are we all expected to like every gimmick they push? No. It was a boring no matter how iconic the shoes that inspired it are.
The Top 3 aren't my cup of tea, and neither are any of the "What The's" for that matter, but I agree in that I always think of wild and wacky when I think of the "What The" line, and if someone is comparing it to those, then sure. The Top 3s accomplish what they set out for though, which is just compiling his "Top 3" into one pair.
laugh.gif
wylin

SBB's are overrated though.
I feel like the case can be made that the SBBs are overrated only if you're talking about the color, orange in this case. But the quality, and I'm just going by what seems to be the consensus, seems to be undeniable. With that color blocking, which I love, JB could've replaced the orange with any color, and if they had the same level of quality and leather as the SBBs, they'd be just as sought after. Especially in an age where we don't typically get leather like that on Js.

Those 1s are art IMO. I'd buy them for the right price.

Art made by a kid in preschool maybe

If my son brought those home from school I'd keep them. If I wanted them for art, I would rather buy a pair of Chi's and make my own art

Last edited:
SBB quality is great. However, it's not even the best quality-built 1, if we're talking retro 1's.

People love to bring up SBB's when a new drop comes..."Is it SBB quality?" is the most common question pertaining to newly released 1's.

When I think of overall quality, I think of the BANNEDS.

SBB's are dope, nonetheless. Just a bit overrated.

The Top 3 aren't my cup of tea, and neither are any of the "What The's" for that matter, but I agree in that I always think of wild and wacky when I think of the "What The" line, and if someone is comparing it to those, then sure. The Top 3s accomplish what they set out for though, which is just compiling his "Top 3" into one pair.
I feel like the case can be made that the SBBs are overrated only if you're talking about the color, orange in this case. But the quality, and I'm just going by what seems to be the consensus, seems to be undeniable. With that color blocking, which I love, JB could've replaced the orange with any color, and if they had the same level of quality and leather as the SBBs, they'd be just as sought after. Especially in an age where we don't typically get leather like that on Js.
Stop it if the lettermans or the rare airs series had "SBB Quality leather" no one would care at all

i bought the top 3s on snkrs and sold them for retail instantly after seeing them in person. dont even regret it, the faster they were out of my presence the better 
tired.gif

Any s.jersey #nter make it up to the grand opening of the new footaction in cherry hill mall this morning? Look like dey had some restocks

Stop it if the lettermans or the rare airs series had "SBB Quality leather" no one would care at all
As I said, with the quality AND  the colorblocking of the SBB, they could replace the orange with almost anything and they'd be sought after.

I agree with you on the Rare Airs. Those things have way too much going on, but I bet if they had "SBB quality leather," and that belief/sentiment was proliferated, some out there would think twice about them. As for the Lettermans, while I personally don't like the way the colors are blocked on that shoe, since they are made to honor a specific moment in Jordan's history, if they threw crazy leather on those they'd be way more sought after. Like hypothetically, if JB came out and was like, "he interviewed in 198?, so we're making this shoe like they were made in 198? (leather, construction,etc)," and this was indeed true in terms of quality and such, they'd fly so damn fast. They would've been super hard to get, the resale would be ridiculous, and we'd only see them on foot from time to time when celebs or the lucky ones who were able to cop, decided to wear.

Back
Top Bottom