• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Why these going for fragment money?

Hell, why do fragments go for fragment money.

It’s the same thing that happened to sports cards. The major difference is that the outlandish pricing can’t kill sneakers because unlike sports cards, you wear them. While many have claimed it’s a bubble that will eventually pop; I disagree. We are a consumer culture and we covet what’s perceived to be “cool” & “exclusive”. Even if you (this could be anyone) decide to bow out, there is at least ten new consumers ready to replace you. Unless a new generation comes along and deems sneakers as corny and uncool, this is the new norm.

image.jpg

I just received some SBBs. While checking them out I noticed 999999999 on the tags in the bottom left corner. Did I buy fakes?

It’s the same thing that happened to sports cards. The major difference is that the outlandish pricing can’t kill sneakers because unlike sports cards, you wear them. While many have claimed it’s a bubble that will eventually pop; I disagree. We are a consumer culture and we covet what’s perceived to be “cool” & “exclusive”. Even if you (this could be anyone) decide to bow out, there is at least ten new consumers ready to replace you. Unless a new generation comes along and deems sneakers as corny and uncool, this is the new norm.

I get it. I sold fragments for 1.5k. The argument being the leather and limited nature.

But these igloos and pinks are supposed to release again and from I’ve seen the material is par for course with any other Jordan 1.

If we kill influencers, the bubble will burst.

It’s bursted with Jordan and slowly inflating again.

Adidas bubble bursted too.

Cool had a price tag our parents didn’t support. Today these parents enable their children and throw money at them for a false sense of identity.

never understood the price behind frags man

didn’t want a pair before the hype

don’t want a pair after the hype

nobody buys what they like anymore. they buy what they think other people like

3 years later I want them just as bad. I’m going to pay way too much but it’s a once in a lifetime thing.

Nobody in Miami has access to a drone with a cargo hook/net?

I'd have flown that thing over that boat and scooped up a box like one of those arcade claws.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa see ya when I see ya social status
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa
prodrone-pd6b-aw-arm-1.jpg

Lmao lmk if you need an accomplice. But honestly I got a feeling you might have dropped the pair in the ocean on the escape :rofl:

never understood the price behind frags man

didn’t want a pair before the hype

don’t want a pair after the hype

nobody buys what they like anymore. they buy what they think other people like

The price on frags are outrageous and I will never pay that much for a Nike shoe. The color blocking is what appeals to me not the collaboration. I couldn't care less about the lightning bolt.

I just received some SBBs. While checking them out I noticed 999999999 on the tags in the bottom left corner. Did I buy fakes?

If you've ran them through the gamut in the Legit Check section/against Legit Check guides and that's the only part that raises eyebrows then it's possible that they're a sales sample.

If you've ran them through the gamut in the Legit Check section/against Legit Check guides and that's the only part that raises eyebrows then it's possible that they're a sales sample.

This here.

I have had several pairs before in the same size and this one matches or exceeds the others quality-wise. I had wondered if these were samples rather than a regular release pair.

This here.

I have had several pairs before in the same size and this one matches or exceeds the others quality-wise. I had wondered if these were samples rather than a regular release pair.

Not sample; promo. There’s a difference.

This particular pair is going to be the same quality and same build as the regular pairs.

No, you didn’t. The row of 9’s classifies them as a promo pair not counted against the standard production run. Before you get hyped, that doesn’t equate to a higher value.

Lol, I appreciate the response. I'm not hyped for resale value, but I would be hyped if I know these are legit so I can wear rather than return.

Back
Top Bottom