Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Pictures are deceiving, they look darker in photos but in person the blue is a mixture of like a purplish baby blue.... I'm not knocking them in anyway I love them

Attachments

• 20180507_201858.jpg
    20180507_201858.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I dunno about exactly I don’t think that’s possible anymore leather-wise but yeah when and if they do their all mine lol... letting the black based ones go sucked because those are obviously some of the best 1 cws but it had to be done, blasphemous

I can almost certainly say they will one day. Pricepoint won't be an issue, you and others have pretty much said so in your posts. 1985 mold Chis down to the midsole curve in Italian or equivalent premium leather at $250. People aren't even going to bat an eye at that price and will line up to throw their money at JB.

Think about it, why did they use the 94 mold for this "remaster." They have samples of 85s, they know about the fat swoosh, the height, the smooth leather, etc. They just didn't want to burn that card yet.

I can almost certainly say they will one day. Pricepoint won't be an issue, you and others have pretty much said so in your posts. 1985 mold Chis down to the midsole curve in Italian or equivalent premium leather at $250. People aren't even going to bat an eye at that price and will line up to throw their money at JB.

Think about it, why did they use the 94 mold for this "remaster." They have samples of 85s, they know about the fat swoosh, the height, the smooth leather, etc. They just didn't want to burn that card yet.

this sudden yearning for the 85 shape and detailing is something I understand but totally misplaced.
Sure they have a more OG look to them but the 1s the have recently released are so close to the OG
that we don't really have an actual NEED for the 85s to drop at all.
Even if it did release, it will drop in minute quantities and will be impossible to get- basically an energy product
but not a dollar driver like these massive GRs.

I'm good with these drops fam.

If the price point was at 250 than I'd just be hyper selective if they were to do what they are doing now with all these irrelevant colorways. Chi's, Navy Metallic, Red Metallic, B/reds, Shadows, Royals, Black/white, and Black Toes is all I would focus on having.

Edit: on second thought. I would limit myself to Chi's, Navy Metallic, Black/Whites, Shadows, and B/reds

Last edited:
this sudden yearning for the 85 shape and detailing is something I understand but totally misplaced.
Sure they have a more OG look to them but the 1s the have recently released are so close to the OG
that we don't really have an actual NEED for the 85s to drop at all.
Even if it did release, it will drop in minute quantities and will be impossible to get- basically an energy product
but not a dollar driver like these massive GRs.

I'm good with these drops fam.

The point of those will be the same point as the limited stuff they release today. They aren't money makers, they are to keep interest in the brand. When people get tired of the next phase or the next and sales are dipping they will pull their trump card out if they have to. The goal is to keep people interested as long as possible.

Maybe you won't go for them but you know that everyone else will be coming out in droves to grab them and that's the point.

If the price point was at 250 than I'd just be hyper selective if they were to do what they are doing now with all these irrelevant colorways. Chi's, Navy Metallic, Red Metallic, B/reds, Shadows, Royals, Black/white, and Black Toes is all I would focus on having.

Most people probably will be selective too, but even the they still got you. That'd be over 2k more they get out of your pockets :wink:

Most people probably will be selective too, but even the they still got you. That'd be over 2k more they get out of your pockets :wink:

Yeah lol I would limit myself even more. Just Chi's, Navy Metallic, Black/Whites, Shadows and B/reds is what I would seem necessary. If they were to just do the 2 originals though. If limit myself to just the Chi's.

Yeah lol I would limit myself even more. Just Chi's, Navy Metallic, Black/Whites, Shadows and B/reds is what I would seem necessary. If they were to just do the 2 originals though. If limit myself to just the Chi's.

Could you imagine if they retroed Frags and SBBs in the 85 mold? There would be madness in the streets.

The point of those will be the same point as the limited stuff they release today. They aren't money makers, they are to keep interest in the brand. When people get tired of the next phase or the next and sales are dipping they will pull their trump card out if they have to. The goal is to keep people interested as long as possible.

Maybe you won't go for them but you know that everyone else will be coming out in droves to grab them and that's the point.
true.
just saying we've been at this point back in 2010 when jordan was "grasping for straws"
they don't need to release the 85s they just need to wait it out as they've always done and
just release the bred 1s in like 5 years.

chicago or black toes in 85 form >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SBB or frags 85

to me I still consider those as "disposable" colorways. they better do the OGs and not those
hypebeast magnet shoes

true.
just saying we've been at this point back in 2010 when jordan was "grasping for straws"
they don't need to release the 85s they just need to wait it out as they've always done and
just release the bred 1s in like 5 years.

True but they always have to change it up a bit and have some kind of "improvement." It's why they started doing the "Nike Air" phase for all 1s shortly after.

i've had this pipedream of getting my hands on size 13 chi's and getting them signed by mike...family heirloom-type display piece. 85 mold would be buttercakes for that.

:smokin:smokin
The G.O.A.T. color blocking style. If JB wants to milk the 1s than this is something they should do. But imma do it anyway. As a Seattlelite that Teal colorway is something I'd be hella down for.

IMG_20180508_122251.jpg

That teal Jordan 1 is :smokin:smokin hope eventually JB decides to release a teal CW one day

Back
Top Bottom