Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
nice orange toes
went to nephew's birthday at dave n busters; got stepped on twice
giphy.webp

giphy.webp

as the old fart in here, I guess it would be assumed I'd hate the OW 1's but no, I think they are nice. I don't even like UNC 1's but i do like the the OW versions.

I would not rock any OW's though. I keep it simple.

Oh, and the Union Blues will be had. I don't even care how overrated they might be for some. They are rated just about right for me

i been around a while, and imo the only value OWs have IS resell value. don't get me wrong, they cool, but they WAYYY overrated.

as the old fart in here, I guess it would be assumed I'd hate the OW 1's but no, I think they are nice. I don't even like UNC 1's but i do like the the OW versions.

I would not rock any OW's though. I keep it simple.

Oh, and the Union Blues will be had. I don't even care how overrated they might be for some. They are rated just about right for me

These OWs are pretty simple though:
Off-White-x-Nike-Air-Max-97-The-10-On-Feet.jpg

What ever happened to those Slam Dunk (anime?) Jordan 1s that's was supposed to drop? Like the Slam Dunk 6s.

WHAT?! Sakuragi jordan 1’s? Where?

It was a rumor around the time the VIs released I think. Safe to say it either wasn't true or got scraped.

I still have my 6s (the soles are yellowed because of wear). The only limited Jordan (that wasn't an original colorway) that I really liked because it was based off an manga/anime.

I still have my 6s (the soles are yellowed because of wear). The only limited Jordan (that wasn't an original colorway) that I really liked because it was based off an manga/anime.

We need more Manga/Anime Collabs. I would die a very happy man if we got Evangelion 1’s colors based on Eva-01,Eva-02 And Eva-00

Or any damn model based on Berserk. I need to stop before I write. paragraphs on which anime/manga deserve a collab lol.

They have nothing to do wit the movie.

Of coarse not. I don’t think anyone in here has claimed there really is a collaboration between Marvel and Jordan brand. It’s simply a nickname. In the film Miles wears the Chicago 1’s. These are the Chicago’s colors, obviously not material wise it’s not the classic varsity leather but what looks like a textured sort of nubuck. But besides the look of them being similar, they release the same day as the film does. Adding more to the “Spider-man” nickname they’ve been given by sneaker outlets.

Trust Jordan Brand loves the populous making the association and building any type of hype on this release by a property they didn’t even have to pay a license for lol. Their product gets to be connected to something they didn’t even have to work at doing.

Last edited:
Sbbs are definitely overrated, but that's also because a true good quality pair of 1s don't come around too often and when they do they are so absurdly rare most people don't get a chance to feel the quality and craftsmanship. Sbbs weren't all that rare and the general population got to feel what a great quality one is supposed to feel like, so it kinda became the poster boy for what quality should be.

That is until now (at least IMO) ROTY should be the standard going forward for what every jordan 1 should be. Every part of the sneaker feels pretty good, the suede is way better than the standard black plastic feeling leather we get from JB, the sail parts of the sneaker are comparable with bred toes and should age well. Even the check upon closer inspection is a tumbled black leather, hell even the tongue tag is made of leather! JB knocked it out of the park with this pair.

Don't get me started on the UNIONs, this is one of those aforementioned pairs I was talking about. Most people are never gonna have a pair in hand to truly see the quality and craftsmanship that went into these. The leather is really thick and soft to the touch. Not since 2011 banned 1s have I felt a jordan 1 of this quality. Anyways here is a little group pic of all three pairs, I went straight to feet with the UNIONs haha.

20181127_002220.jpg

20181128_004250.jpg

Sbbs are definitely overrated, but that's also because a true good quality pair of 1s don't come around too often and when they do they are so absurdly rare most people don't get a chance to feel the quality and craftsmanship. Sbbs weren't all that rare and the general population got to feel what a great quality one is supposed to feel like, so it kinda became the poster boy for what quality should be.

That is until now (at least IMO) ROTY should be the standard going forward for what every jordan 1 should be. Every part of the sneaker feels pretty good, the suede is way better than the standard black plastic feeling leather we get from JB, the sail parts of the sneaker are comparable with bred toes and should age well. Even the check upon closer inspection is a tumbled black leather, hell even the tongue tag is made of leather! JB knocked it out of the park with this pair.

Don't get me started on the UNIONs, this is one of those aforementioned pairs I was talking about. Most people are never gonna have a pair in hand to truly see the quality and craftsmanship that went into these. The leather is really thick and soft to the touch. Not since 2011 banned 1s have I felt a jordan 1 of this quality. Anyways here is a little group pic of all three pairs, I went straight to feet with the UNIONs haha.

20181127_002220.jpg

20181128_004250.jpg
Nice. I’m even more pumped for my ROYs and Black Toe Unions to touch down now. I passed on the SBB because orange has never been my color, but hearing how good their quality is always made me wish I at least had them for that reason alone. I’m not a stickler over quality anyways, so I love all my 1s equally, but definitely looking forward to having two pairs that it sounds like were executed pretty damn well.

people were more worried about the other release that was on the same day as SBB. I personally passed on them when they dropped and passed on the RSBB too. Would've been nice to have the SBB to complete the "toe" series now tho lol.

as far as quality goes, Frag was pretty decent quality and those came before SBB

people were more worried about the other release that was on the same day as SBB. I personally passed on them when they dropped and passed on the RSBB too. Would've been nice to have the SBB to complete the "toe" series now tho lol.

as far as quality goes, Frag was pretty decent quality and those came before SBB
Exactly. Passed on both with ease, but would be nice to have the SBB for the collection. No ragerts though. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom