Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.

Im a City Employee. Firefighter in NYC. Possibly the best job in this city.

That’s dope...I’m currently working towards my degree in Biomedical Engineering. Only my second year in college so I’m not sure what exactly I want to do with that..
My advice, I would try to find an internship related to your major right now or at least by Junior year. I hate hearing stories on how people graduated and can’t find a job because they waited too long and tried to find one last minute during their senior year. I’m a Marketing/Accounting major and I work as a Treasurer at Bank of America.

I work for one of the bigger companies in the valley. I did not go to college.
I started out in a warehouse about 13 years ago at a tech place, worked my way into data centers.
I no longer rack or stack but instead I manage a group that racks and stacks for me.
My advice-take some free/cheap Linux classes and get yourself a
Raspberry pi for practice. Almost every large company writes code in the major coding languages on Ubuntu based systems.
If you can do that stuff in command line then you’ll have a huge jump on other applicants.
Don’t be afraid to be a contractor. Make connections and possibly become a full timer.
I did it so you can too.

Im a Graphic Artist/Packaging Designer at a Diecast/Toy company. I do freelance on the side as well. Networking, internship, and building a solid resume/ portfolio was so key for me. Always talk to people and be open to opportunities.

I am in Packaging as well. Engineering though, not involved with graphic design though that is what I was wanting to go into back in the day.

Senior IT Director. Best advice I could ever give to anyone is...stay out of IT.

lol your job environment must suck. i love my job.
i know my director/boss has to deal with alotta politics etc and headaches. im just the dude who he gives the work orders to and i go out and do my thing. maybe thats why lol

I gotta buckle down and get on it asap, been procrastinating for a minute. :smh: Where’d you do you’re schooling if you don’t mind me asking.

I went to Chatham University in Pittsburgh. They have something called PBL (problem based learning) which not that many schools used at the time I was there. It's for people that dont enjoy just sitting in lectures all day lol

W on SNKRS for a 7.5. Got enough pairs to make my personal pair free...plus the foot stores better take rewards on these

Nah actually he’s right in the sense that IT work isn’t for everyone. A minute of downtime can equate to millions in lost revenue.
Plus computers don’t always work when and how you want. And you have to stay on top of stuff which is made difficult by the ever evolving landscape.
And you have security and threats from inner and outer sources to worry about.
It’s like being a pro golfer. It looks easy but if it was we’d all be doing it.

failed on all small sizes 7, 7.5 and an 8 on SNKRS lolol good thing i dont care much for these

my prize hit was yesterday pair

I went to Chatham University in Pittsburgh. They have something called PBL (problem based learning) which not that many schools used at the time I was there. It's for people that dont enjoy just sitting in lectures all day lol

W on SNKRS for a 7.5. Got enough pairs to make my personal pair free...plus the foot stores better take rewards on these
This game is ridiculous. I hate it. I wear this size and all of you who don't are ripping us off. I give up.

Back
Top Bottom