• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
How is it not true when it worked for me? It depends really

i think the keywords are "worked for me". it worked for you, but others have done the same and it hasnt worked for them. thus its a YMMV/hit or miss solution, instead of a 100% solution like your post makes it sound.

i think thats what he was referring to when he said not true, as in its not true that it is 100% the solution.

there is no real solution that works for sure for sure for everyone, as far as i know. nobody even knows what causes glitter for sure.

I think I saw "glitter/mold" on my Cyber Mondays after leaving them in the box for a couple of months and I literally beat them things like no tomorrow. Washed em once haven't seen any more on them or my other pairs as of yet. *Knock on wood*.

“Glitter” isn’t mold, it’s a fat/wax bloom, aka spew. Spew is wax or fat that rises to the surface of leather when the leather is exposed to air.

“Spew forms from the natural fatliquors used during the tanning process and can be caused by a fault during the manufacturing process (usually insufficient degreasing) which is then exacerbated by changes in humidity and temperature. ...”

http://lttleathercare.com/2016/04/02/spew-on-leather/

The only remedy is to wipe your sneaks before and after wearing or treat the entire sneaker with a spew remover.

“Glitter” isn’t mold, it’s a fat/wax bloom, aka spew. Spew is wax or fat that rises to the surface of leather when the leather is exposed to air.

“Spew forms from the natural fatliquors used during the tanning process and can be caused by a fault during the manufacturing process (usually insufficient degreasing) which is then exacerbated by changes in humidity and temperature. ...”

The only remedy is to wipe your sneaks before and after wearing or treat the entire sneaker with a spew remover.

how does 1 keep it from ever comming back?

images

how does 1 keep it from ever comming back?

Did you not read the end of my post or click the link?

i think the keywords are "worked for me". it worked for you, but others have done the same and it hasnt worked for them. thus its a YMMV/hit or miss solution, instead of a 100% solution like your post makes it sound.

i think thats what he was referring to when he said not true, as in its not true that it is 100% the solution.

there is no real solution that works for sure for sure for everyone, as far as i know. nobody even knows what causes glitter for sure.

But it has been proven to lessen the glitter like I said in the original. For me it got rid of it entirely. But for others who did the same it significantly diminished the glitter if it did hit. So there is truth to what I said.

Last edited:

Just to add to this

But it has been proven to lessen the glitter like I said in the original. For me it got rid of it entirely. But for others who did the same it significantly diminished the glitter if it did hit. So their is truth to what I said.

i never said there was no truth to what u said. i said it wasnt 100% foolproof. the way u made it sound, i just didnt want him to go all in on that thinking itll 100% remove and prevent glitter in the future. like u said, his result may not be the same as yours. thats all.

sum1 did mention spew remover. but whos willing to try that?

You should have said that instead of “y’all need to wear your shoes”.

You shouldn't of said "not true" cuz that can be taken as it's not true at all but there is truth to it.

Keeping them DS does on average make them glitter up more frequently/intensely though, right? Am I wrong?

Anyway, that dude should wear his DS 9 and wipe that sh*t down and condition it to see for himself if it works or not. For me, it did and I know I'm not the only one who it's worked for.

You shouldn't of said "not true" cuz that can be taken as it's not true at all but there is truth to it.

Keeping them DS does on average make them glitter up more frequently/intensely though, right? Am I wrong?

Anyway, that dude should wear his DS 9 and wipe that sh*t down and condition it to see for himself if it works or not. For me, it did and I know I'm not the only one who it's worked for.
You are wrong, because I wear mine all the time and still get it. But that’s cool, just don’t generalize. I also have some that have never got a speck.

My worn pairs have as much, if not more glitter than my DS pairs. Even colored panels glittering up for me :smh:

Attachments

• E2B479E7-8F84-4DBD-892D-3DC9F7FBFEA7.jpeg
    E2B479E7-8F84-4DBD-892D-3DC9F7FBFEA7.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom