Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Woulda been in on those purps if they were regular. Money saved.
Same. I want to like them, but the red trim does nothing for me, and neither do the black details (which should/would be purple if this was indeed a Lakers colorway without the rub off aspect). The Kobe fan in me wants to like them too, and there’s a small part of me that wants them for collection purposes because I’m a Kobe fan. But it looks like dinero saved for me as well. Other than the Turbos (which I know are polarizing, but I like them quite a bit mainly because of the color shade and aged UNC 1 look IMO), there hasn’t been a single “must have” 1, and only the Travis’ (brown color only) and the SBB 3.0 (if they don’t **** them up that is) are the only other pairs I’m looking forward to. I have so many pairs that are permutations of black, red, blue, or white, I either want OGs that I don’t have, or new colors using color blocking that is OG or classic-esque (i.e. colored toe).

On a related note, I’m with those that have no problem with classics like the Blk/Red 1s being available all the time, or released every few months or so, or at the least once or twice every year. Too old (only 32 but you get my drift) to care if others can get them, and if I could rock my 1s with ZERO care about whether I could get another pair if something catastrophic happened, or if Father Time claimed victory and they could take no more abuse, that seem like a good thing to me. 1s are just as classic as AF1s or Chucks, and those are available all the time. IMO, Jordan 1s are just as classic/important in sneaker culture. Why shouldn’t everyone and their mom everywhere be able to own a pair of sneakers (the first in particular) representing the most influential and known BBall player in history? And not team or other type variants, but replicas of the exact versions/colors that MJ himself wore.

I can totally understand and appreciate that these aren’t for everyone but they are fire to me
DE57F390-9011-484E-AE1A-84CD2D66B15B.jpeg

Red laces >>>

Can you do me a pair?

Appreciate the interest, but I just do customization for my own usage at the moment. I would recommend checking out @meekshoes on IG. He has done some of these, and other stuff. His posts were my original inspiration, and it seems that he does really good work.

May 25th per J23
IMG_20190407_143854.jpg
IMG_20190407_143858.jpg
IMG_20190407_143856.jpg
IMG_20190407_143859.jpg
IMG_20190407_143949.jpg
IMG_20190407_143952.jpg
IMG_20190407_143950.jpg
IMG_20190407_143953.jpg
Nike has serious balls deciding to finally take these pics without mirroring the shoes at this moment in time with all of the QC issues they have now.

Id pay money to find out how many pairs they had to go through to get one that decently matches up.

You may not notice stuff like this but they ALWAYS used mirrored photoshopped pics for certain shots to create the illusion that they make even shoes. This is the first time Ive seen them not do it.

The QC right now has become such a problem that they had to stop making anymore Air Max 1s going forward until it gets sorted out. I imagine there are more models to follow. Just saying that I find it odd that they pick now to start showing true pics.

While BReds are not my fav of the Trinity I do wish they were an insta restock option. Honestly I would be willing to pay the premium ($175) for an OG ID option where I could have the option of smooth or tumbled (or pebbled) leather, traditional leather/distressed leather or patent leather, et al.
you're crazy if u think they'd only charge $175
:lol:

Why? You’re just gonna store them for 4 years and have them glitter again

That's that hoarder logic.

Hope they release breds again. I sold my glittery pair to stock x and still have a DS 9 with glitter too.

Just wear your kicks dude. The more you wear them, the less glitter you get. I had glitter once, got rid of all my boxes, left them out in my room, washed it off, rubbed leather oil/conditioner on them and started wearing them as if they were nothing special and I havent had glitter since.

Grabbed a new pair of these AJ1 High Zip off ebay for ~$75 recently:
https://www.nike.com/t/air-jordan-1-high-zip-mens-shoe-CfKDWm/AR4833-100

I unstitched the tongue, cut the flap out of the tongue, restitched the previously stitched areas on the eyelet area, punched lace holes, and painted the Chicago colorway. I left it without a black swoosh though, and tried doing the yellowish edges, ala the Union 1s. Pretty happy with how the project turned out. This is what they look like now:

358gmjtrsoq21.jpg

These are HARD. Good work.

That's that hoarder logic.

Just wear your kicks dude. The more you wear them, the less glitter you get. I had glitter once, got rid of all my boxes, left them out in my room, washed it off, rubbed leather oil/conditioner on them and started wearing them as if they were nothing special and I havent had glitter since.
Already proven not true

Y'all got some moldy feet wearing them 2016 breds. Time to off them joints lol
Even if you can't see the mold its most likely there

Back
Top Bottom