Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20190417_125505.jpg

Black denim.

I want to buy the metallic red 1s deadstock from goat. Do you guys think they would have started to yellow by now after sitting for so long?

I want to buy the metallic red 1s deadstock from goat. Do you guys think they would have started to yellow by now after sitting for so long?

Nah they shouldn’t have.... it’s only been a couple of years (basing this in part on the DS pair I have on hand from release day).

Jordan brand stated somewhere that they produced 300k Air Jordan 1 Metallic Reds , it was a massive general release

That number sounds closer to a 4 and over production run not a 1s run. JB has increased production as 1s popularity few over the remastered period - BReds was around 100K, royals around 120K+, shadows around 150k+ so wouldn’t be surprised if red metallics was equally as high a number.

So why did Adidas pass up Jordan brand after Gentry left? Why would Nike hire someone back who you guys claim was ruining the brand? Again, you're only looking at this through one lens. Gentry simply produces great results for Nike as far as the financial side of things go.

Adidas passed JB at that time for multiple reasons.

1.) Adidas purged Nike designers and a few executives.

2.) Gentry ran JB into the gutter and his antics finally caught up to him

3.) Kanye West. As many people loathe him, you still cannot deny the cultural impact he had. He single handily turned Ultra Boost into a hyped shoe. Then you add his Yeezy line into the equation.

The only reason JB brought Gentry back is because he previously worked for them and he knew how things operated. Like previously mentioned, his antics won’t fly the second time around. We have a new generation of consumers who have absolutely no connection to MJ. Once they’re over this brand, it’s a wrap.

3.) Kanye West. As many people loathe him, you still cannot deny the cultural impact he had. He single handily turned Ultra Boost into a hyped shoe. Then you add his Yeezy line into the equation.

The only reason JB brought Gentry back is because he previously worked for them and he knew how things operated. Like previously mentioned, his antics won’t fly the second time around. We have a new generation of consumers who have absolutely no connection to MJ. Once they’re over this brand, it’s a wrap.
I understand that we all need someone to blame and for many gentry is that someone. Gentry was long gone when adidas overtook jordan and this was during a period that many of you guys claim we got some of the best retros. Based on what you're saying Gentry is bad for business. Think logically and not emotionally. Why would a billion dollar publicly owned company bring back someone who is bad for business? And please stop with that familiarity excuse there are several other qualified people who are familiar with how Nike is ran that could have been hired The simple truth is that gentry generates results. But enough gentry talk, the thread has been derailed enough. Let's respectfully disagree and move on

Yo let’s see some hyper pink crimson tint pics for those who got em im debating buying a pair on stock x since I missedRD and they sittin a retail

Is the black leather as nutsack as it look?

Black leather is nutsacky tumbled but it’s soft
Overall my pair is soft and plush all around except the toebox which is cardboard pleather
I would scoop up a pair
I’m actually thinking about doubling up on stockx

With the 3 architects of the remastered initiative gone - David Schecter (former VP of footwear), Jeff Atienza (former Product Line Manager), and Larry Miller (former pres) - it saddens me to think the shadows are probably the last remastered OGs.

Yeah JB is going to make money and Gentry may not be pure evil but I am pretty sure Zion Williamson and future-Zion Williamson is not going to want to work with the brand because the team Jordans, fusion Jordans or any other wave riding that is being pumped out.

Last edited:
Dope every time I see them. The tongue swap route isn't for me, so hopefully we get them sooner rather than later.

As for DJ Folk, I rock with him. My backtracking comment, which wasn't even a shot at dude, and backtracking isn't necessarily a bad thing, was just referencing how his Tweets went from hyping up an upcoming leak, then seconding that leak with additional info (without using qualifying word like "I think" or "I heard" or "I was told"), to then saying what he said today about how his info was from a week ago and that things change. Either way, I still keep my eye's peeled to his info.

With the 3 architects of the remastered initiative gone - David Schecter (former VP of footwear), Jeff Atienza (former Product Line Manager), and Larry Miller (former pres) - it saddens me to think the shadows are probably the last remastered OGs.

Yeah JB is going to make money and Gentry may not be pure evil but I am pretty sure Zion Williams and future-Zion Williams is not going to want to work with the brand because the team Jordans, fusion Jordans or any other wave riding that is being pumped out.

Who is Zion Williams?

As for more info on the whole Black Friday release and React Blk/Red (I'm either typing "Blk/Red" or "Black/Red" not with the "Bred" nickname), here's Sneakerfiles' info on the matter. According to him, the Black Friday pair is essentially a Blk/White w/ Red outsole and Red details, but there's also a QS Jordan 1 Blk/Red React coming out some time. Also, he specifically mentions that as far as he knows the Blk/Red 1 React is using the usual/same tooling as a normal Jordan 1 Blk/Red, stating that it will look visually like a normal Jordan 1 Blk/Red only to have React built within. Ultimately, we'll all find out and/or see for ourselves sooner or later what's really up.

I think you bring up a good point about there being different standards for Gentry this time around. I think he probably wants to kill OG retros but it just isn’t feasible given how well they sell (look at the recent IR 6s, for example).

The irony of all of this is Nike/JB NEED good non-OG cws to be released since people eventually will slow down on buying retros if their old ones are still good or will only wait for those OG releases like a lot of NTers do. New, fresh cws actually incentivize buyers to buy an additional pair they otherwise wouldn’t and therefore generate more revenue for the company.

Not getting my hope's up. A react insole doesnt make sense since the actual react part is the whole sole/midsole of the shoe with a plate on top for stabilization. I have no idea what they're gonna do with it but my stance is still the same until pics start surfacing. They really about to give us Alpha B/reds

air-jordan-1-alpha-preview-1.jpg

Kobe 360s had a drop-in react insole and it was comfortable to me. Jordan brand can go the same route with these Bred1s and i wouldnt mind, as long as the outside looks OG.

I understand that we all need someone to blame and for many gentry is that someone. Gentry was long gone when adidas overtook jordan and this was during a period that many of you guys claim we got some of the best retros. Based on what you're saying Gentry is bad for business. Think logically and not emotionally. Why would a billion dollar publicly owned company bring back someone who is bad for business? And please stop with that familiarity excuse there are several other qualified people who are familiar with how Nike is ran that could have been hired The simple truth is that gentry generates results. But enough gentry talk, the thread has been derailed enough. Let's respectfully disagree and move on
Adidas didnt overtake JB because JB failed, Adidas had their little moment in the sun because of boost and Kanye. Period.

You make it sound like Gentrys absence is why JB slipped under adidas. You need to understand that in 2015 the remastered campaign kicked off the resurgence and sparked the sneaker wave we see today. Jordans are and will always be the foundation of that. But occasionally the market gets bored and gravitates to the new hype. This time it was Kanye. If Kanye went to Puma youd have seen the same thing. All adidas did was say yes to what nike said no to, including boost. None of this had anything to do with Gentry, unless Gentry was the one who rejected Kanye. Gentry was responsible for the initial downfall. Hes the whole reason JB had to come up with the remastered campaign in the first place. He left them with a horrible image of overpriced cheap materials, horrible alterations, and no attention to comfort. Despite a clear consumer preference for Nike Air, he himself kept it off. His ideas are stupid and always the wrong move. Now hes back and we;re suddenly seeing the worst line up of 1s ever. Gentry generates trash. Always has always will. And its all because of his issue with OGs. And being stupid doesnt help.

They brought him back because they were tired of success. His incompetence is no secret. If I had to bet on an actual reason Id have to go with blackmail. He has dirt on someone important. Or simply JB decided to take it back a few notches on the quality after getting everyone back on board with the remastereds. No one does cheap better than Gentry. Either way, his presence is straight up disrespect to the long time enthusiasts.

Back
Top Bottom