Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The middle class is exploding in China, and the end of the strict one child rule has led to more teenagers and millenials, the perfect sneaker/streetwear consumer. Ergo, more people with more money and more children = more demand for sneakers & streetwear. And I'd imagine the average shoe size of a Chinese male aged 16-25 is probably slightly smaller than American feet, so yes, probably 8-9, rather than 9-10. This isn't hard to figure out, and is honestly a dopey thing to be arguing about in an AJ1 thread. But when there's over a month until the next decent release, I completely expect to see this stuff when I check in once a week.

ahhhhhh i love when my NT people come in here and bless the ignorant with common sense education.

Ever since stock x became more and more popular, that’s the time when Asians became more and more interested in wearing Jordan 1s (idk why) and demand just basically skyrocketed.
specific asian celebrities rocking them. edison chen, kpop cats, etc. kinda like how kanye wore some AJI and all.. nevermind lol.

Its very true. Many of the Jordan's especially AJ1's are getting shipped back to Asian countries from the U.S.

I ship to Asians on eBay all the time so i see it myself . The supply of j's here in the U.S. sometimes exceeds the demand which is why sometimes shoes go for close to retail on stockx or eBay. I want to say that's usually never the case in Asia. So many heads wants the J's but there is a scarcity of them driving up the resell over there.

Yeah I forgot to mention that ^^^

But I was just trying to clear things up. The guy who said this 8-9.5 BS is a lie and doesn’t make sense is actually the one who is in the wrong lol
dude always wanna puff up his chest and call people trolls. he is 100% wrong.

Pandas in all sizes are gonna fly.

But Asia specifically is going to fiend over the pandas. Not a chance they sit lol

I’m in the “wrong” but no one has provided facts.

FOH.

You can have your theory or idea as to why size 7-9 prices have skyrocketed, but I ain’t buyin that BS china StockX explanation.

I’ll leave that to you gullible cats intil someone provides evidence to back up these claims.

Your stories mean nothing to me.

I’m in the “wrong” but no one has provided facts.

FOH.

You can have your theory or idea as to why size 7-9 prices have skyrocketed, but I ain’t buyin that BS china StockX explanation.

I’ll leave that to you gullible cats intil someone provides evidence to back up these claims.

Your stories mean nothing to me.

Yeah you’re ******ed lol

Why don’t you go to sneaker con yourself and find out? Do we need to show you bank transactions from Asians lol? What exactly constitutes as proof? From what it looks like you’ve never been to a sneaker event and are you’re pretty clue less to the shoe market. You think we are all pathologically lying about a bunch of Asians influencing the market lol? What do we get out of this?

Reactions: JPS
You new cats swear you got the answers.

I’ve been to plenty of sneakercons.

Plenty of sneaker events.

This PROVES nothing, nor does it give a clear indication as to why sizes 7-9 prices have jumped.

The fact that you cant provide evidence to back up your claims shows that you’re only repeating what you heard. Typical.

I’ll wait for facts.

Won’t hold my breath though.

http://newsdocvoices.com/2018/10/25/chinese-millennial-sneaker-heads-fuel-us-sneaker-aftermarket/

https://www.thestreet.com/story/141...e-obsessed-with-sneakers-and-supplements.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/stadium-goods-athletic-apparel-jordan-yeezy-china-2016-8

Stadium Goods got a taste of just how strong that desire was during its first two weeks in business. A Chinese dealer walked into the store and paid $10,000 for about 50 pair of Nike Air Jordans for resale back in China, according to McPheters, and similar Chinese shoppers have made appearances at the store since then, and Stadium Goods regularly fields questions from Chinese customers looking to purchase through the site.

Back
Top Bottom