Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I hear ya man. I just wouldn’t be able to even comfortably wear them knowing I spent that much. I’d almost HAVE to have two pair lol. That’s $5000! I’d rather have several different shoes for that much unless I just had it like that. Personally it’d just be hard for me to unds an expensive shoe like that. I’d have all types of anxiety wearing them knowing how much I spent. However, if I were rich that be a different story. Obviously not lol.

I feel that. I'm sure I'll baby them for a second but at the end of the day I know I'd wear the hell out of em.

Yep lol honestly I'd spend that much money on multiple pairs of sneakers anyway. It's just instead of it all spreading out and adding up over time it will all be on one...or 2 pairs if I got the fundage.

So logically it evens itself out lol

I don't know about the math man. $2,500 worth of sneakers gets you something like 13-14 pairs of 1s or so. (Assuming you are getting them at retail.)

Even then for it to even out you would have to not spend anything in the amount of time it takes you to spend $2,500. Let's say that's 2 years, if you buy frags and buy anything else in that two year window you are spending more than what you would have.

Not discouraging you dude, it's you're money.

I don't know about the math man. $2,500 worth of sneakers gets you something like 13-14 pairs of 1s or so. (Assuming you are getting them at retail.)

Even then for it to even out you would have to not spend anything in the amount of time it takes you to spend $2,500. Let's say that's 2 years, if you buy frags and buy anything else in that two year window you are spending more than what you would have.

Not discouraging you dude, it's you're money.

See that's retail though. I end up buying a lot of shoes off resell. I've only been lucky for a handful of releases to get at retail. If I did the math for my chi's I paid 340. SBB 1.0 450. My old 94 b/reds 500. The 94 chi's were 294 and that was luck because I had accidentally over bid. Etc. It eventually evens out in a way. Now I've sold a bunch of pairs off and that's not even including other expenses aside from shoes for stuff that's relatively unnecessary. Ps4 pro, games, clothing, eating out, etc. So the money I'd spend on all that bull can be put up for my grail shoes. It's a cyclical that's how I view it as such.

I also dont buy that many shoes I did double back for some of the other Jordan releases so that's guaranteed 200+ a pop though since 1s have taken a back burner for me personally. And I'm regulating that to keep myself at a 2 colorway maximum for Jordans 3-8 only and that's if they ever come out with white cement 3, white infrared 6, fire red 5, bugs bunny 8 etc. In the meantime I scored BCIII, BC4, WC4, Been had the metallic V, and just got the Infrared 6. Theres 3 pairs down the pipeline Im doubling back for and then I'm square. My job, shoe size(they're historically cheaper in my size now) and living situation is so key right now lol

But the frags even themselves out once I factor in all the spending I could be doing. I just gotta restrict myself for a bit and theyll finally be had.

I'd spend that money on multiple pairs of shoes and I dont even want all that clutter lol

Last edited:
Beyond ready to complete the set.

20190521_153026.jpg

Had to throw in sail laces. It's like my signature now lol
20190521_161601.jpg

Last edited:
See that's retail though. I end up buying a lot of shoes off resell. I've only been lucky for a handful of releases to get at retail. If I did the math for my chi's I paid 340. SBB 1.0 450. My old 94 b/reds 500. The 94 chi's were 294 and that was luck because I had accidentally over bid. Etc. It eventually evens out in a way. Now I've sold a bunch of pairs off and that's not even including other expenses aside from shoes for stuff that's relatively unnecessary. Ps4 pro, games, clothing, eating out, etc. So the money I'd spend on all that bull can be put up for my grail shoes. It's a cyclical that's how I view it as such.

I also dont buy that many shoes I did double back for some of the other Jordan releases so that's guaranteed 200+ a pop though since 1s have taken a back burner for me personally. And I'm regulating that to keep myself at a 2 colorway maximum for Jordans 3-8 only and that's if they ever come out with white cement 3, white infrared 6, fire red 5, bugs bunny 8 etc. In the meantime I scored BCIII, BC4, WC4, Been had the metallic V, and just got the Infrared 6. Theres 3 pairs down the pipeline Im doubling back for and then I'm square. My job, shoe size(they're historically cheaper in my size now) and living situation is so key right now lol

But the frags even themselves out once I factor in all the spending I could be doing. I just gotta restrict myself for a bit and theyll finally be had.

I'd spend that money on multiple pairs of shoes and I dont even want all that clutter lol

I just wouldn't be able to drop that kind of money on a shoe man, which I know is completely my perspective and you have your own. It's kind of what I was saying in the Jordan 1x SB thread, no matter what you save from or sell, that money's coming from somewhere. IMO it's a way for people to rationalize their spending and reduce the guilt.

But I'm not saying what you or anyone should do with your $$$. If you have it, spend it on whatever you like and how you want. I'm just speaking for myself personally.

I just wouldn't be able to drop that kind of money on a shoe man, which I know is completely my perspective and you have your own. It's kind of what I was saying in the Jordan 1x SB thread, no matter what you save from or sell, that money's coming from somewhere. IMO it's a way for people to rationalize their spending and reduce the guilt.

But I'm not saying what you or anyone should do with your $$$. If you have it, spend it on whatever you like and how you want. I'm just speaking for myself personally.

I gotchu bro lol no need to explain yourself. The reason I've been lacking on attaining them is cuz I keep putting it off but like ltrain and others have said theyll likely only rise from here. I wish I could go back to 2014 and get em for 700 and that seemed unreasonable but that was obviously proven untrue now :rofl: 700 is a steal now. Frags are true grails for me so its finally time to get them.

Frags are cool, but like some have pointed out, I'd be nervous as hell with a $2500 pair of kicks on my feet, and I can't even walk! Also, having the Royals (2001s and 2017s) and a pair of Game Royals, it's really not that serious to me to pay that type of money for another royal/black/white Jordan 1. I'm personally to the point where I'm trying to be less redundant of colors that I have. Which is why I'm gonna pass on the alleged High Cut Blk/Reds w/ React. Don't need a 4th pair of Blk/Reds personally. I'm sure I'll pass on the rumored Court Purple in the Blk/Red colorblocking too, for the the same reason, as I already have the Court Purples, I haven't worn them yet, I won't be wearing them a ton as it is as I don't wear purple that much, and I have three other purple kicks.

This year has enabled me though to buy some of my grails from the past, as this year's releases have been so underwhelming for the most part IMO.

0takusamsay 0takusamsay baller. What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking. I would not be comfortable wearing sneakers that cost $3000 in my current situation. Even though I know my collection is worth well over $3000.

I'm a security guard for Google making a guaranteed 40hrs with 18 an hr rate lol I live in TN where its hella cheap to live here in my area specifically. I'm talking a 2 bedroom apt for 6-800 bucks and I got a roommate. I'm single with no kids and no pets. I go to school through my father's VA he passed it on to me we're on summer break now. I'm just a bachelor at the moment and I'm allowed to be selfish af :rofl:. I get over time and I am constantly selling used pairs of clothing and sneakers and doing odd jobs for extra cash. Also been getting into some freelance work because I'm majoring in Graphic design. So I'm hustlin lol

I'm a security guard for Google making a guaranteed 40hrs with 18 an hr rate lol I live in TN where its hella cheap to live here in my area specifically. I'm talking a 2 bedroom apt for 6-800 bucks and I got a roommate. I'm single with no kids and no pets. I go to school through my father's VA he passed it on to me we're on summer break now. I'm just a bachelor at the moment and I'm allowed to be selfish af :rofl:. I get over time and I am constantly selling used pairs of clothing and sneakers and doing odd jobs for extra cash. Also been getting into some freelance work because I'm majoring in Graphic design. So I'm hustlin lol
Nice! I got my bachelors doing graphic design now, that 6-800 a month for a 2 br is dope, 1br in in the sf bay is 1500 where I'm at haa

Frags are cool, but like some have pointed out, I'd be nervous as hell with a $2500 pair of kicks on my feet, and I can't even walk! Also, having the Royals (2001s and 2017s) and a pair of Game Royals, it's really not that serious to me to pay that type of money for another royal/black/white Jordan 1. I'm personally to the point where I'm trying to be less redundant of colors that I have. Which is why I'm gonna pass on the alleged High Cut Blk/Reds w/ React. Don't need a 4th pair of Blk/Reds personally. I'm sure I'll pass on the rumored Court Purple in the Blk/Red colorblocking too, for the the same reason, as I already have the Court Purples, I haven't worn them yet, I won't be wearing them a ton as it is as I don't wear purple that much, and I have three other purple kicks.

This year has enabled me though to buy some of my grails from the past, as this year's releases have been so underwhelming for the most part IMO.

Word. I been on that train. I don't do dbls of anything and the colors I cop I try to have variety so it's not like I'm buying the same color swapped pair over and over again. I have my red trinity plus the metallic reds so red is done as a color for me in my 1 collection. My favorite color is Blue so theres metallic navy, storms, unc, royal, game royal, hyper royal, and all I want are the Frags which are actually arent royal lol so that will cap off blue for me. I will not cop b/red toes and if they release I wont cop royal toes either. My black Toes and Frags will be enough to internally stunt and overshadow those pairs. Other than that most of the colors are just 2 at max. Turbo & clay(green). Sbb 1 &2(orange) and that's about it for redundancy of colors with 1s in my collection.

Last edited:
Nice! I got my bachelors doing graphic design now, that 6-800 a month for a 2 br is dope, 1br in in the sf bay is 1500 where I'm at haa

My ex lives in Martinez she tells me all the time about how much work she puts in just to make ends meet. I'm moving back out that way once I graduate next winter 2020. I was thriving well in Seattle and want to explore the surrounding state.

The rumored Court Purple 1s in Blk/Red colorblocking I was talking about...

I still gotta finish these up. Not too concerned with multiples of purple pairs. I'll likely skip on those cuz I got a feeling they wont look like that Izg post. Not after what they did to crimson's and whatever the SBB 3.0 will look like. I do want to see what those 19' "85 OG" b/reds (see what I did there) will look like.

v47R9Xx.jpg

LDAP?

Back
Top Bottom