Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
$350 is better than $500. I just hope I can cop at retail and not resell. But I don't care for the white and red Air Ships at all. If it was the black and red pair then I would let it slide. And even then, me personally, I want the laces, printed sock liner and X on the heel like the 2011 Bred AJ 1. I rather just have the 1's by itself for $190.

Last edited:
$500 is overpriced. For two pairs of shoes you’re splitting it down the line at $175 a pair. The New Beginnings retros will start at $190 retail while the rest of the 1s (excluding mids) will be $175 so I don’t see how this is expensive at all. First time retro for both shoes, both colorways in an insanely collectible pack that has never been done. If you wanna use $350 toward Chicago’s, don’t buy this pack.

Thank you haha

Air Ships are worth $175? Cmon now

Yea miss me with that them joints gonna be all over goat way below 175, im a 13 I typically get my 1s cheaper. Airships a mistake lmao.

Anybody else feel jealous? Like JB should’ve sent you a pack with as much money and time as you too have mindlessly invested into the brand for the better part of your entire life? Lol

Anybody else feel jealous like JB should’ve sent you a pack with as much money and time as you too have mindlessly invested into the brand for the better part of your entire life? Lol
Yes, I’m salty.

Anybody else feel jealous? Like JB should’ve sent you a pack with as much money and time as you too have mindlessly invested into the brand for the better part of your entire life? Lol
Word!!! I cop much 1's. Send me a free pair JB. Y'all have my address. Size 12 btw.

Damn, I'm gonna attempt to cop just off the strength of the 85 shape. One would think that this means the future Jordan 1s are gonna use that same shape, but this is Nike and Gentry we're talking about - they gonna **** around and only give us this one with the 85 shape and the rest goes back to the usual shape. Not the colorway I'd prefer, but it's not terrible.

Via @mr_unloved1s (IG)

6FEA9011-7195-49B0-A257-C00B8A05B51B.gif

Damn, I'm gonna attempt to cop just off the strength of the 85 shape. One would think that this means the future Jordan 1s are gonna use that same shape, but this is Nike and Gentry we're talking about - they gonna **** around and only give us this one with the 85 shape and the rest goes back to the usual shape. Not the colorway I'd prefer, but it's not terrible.

The completely messed up the swoosh though by leaving it as-is.

$500 is overpriced. For two pairs of shoes you’re splitting it down the line at $175 a pair. The New Beginnings retros will start at $190 retail while the rest of the 1s (excluding mids) will be $175 so I don’t see how this is expensive at all. First time retro for both shoes, both colorways in an insanely collectible pack that has never been done. If you wanna use $350 toward Chicago’s, don’t buy this pack.

What I don’t understand about this pack is how they wouldn’t give us the *actual* black/red Air Ships that were banned. They clearly were/are too cheap to pay the ~$500k to make a proper FSR tooling so we’re going to see more Air Ships come out with AJ1 tooling instead. It‘a a pure cash grab by Nike/JB to not fix this tbh. At this point none of this is surprising in the least though.

how do air ships even feel to wear? like are they comfortable?

We haven't had the actual shoe in like 35 years so I doubt anyone can answer this, but I would imagine that the 2020 releases will just feel like Jordan Is since the upper is leather and they're using Jordan I cupsoles.

What I don’t understand about this pack is how they wouldn’t give us the *actual* black/red Air Ships that were banned. They clearly were/are too cheap to pay the ~$500k to make a proper FSR tooling so we’re going to see more Air Ships come out with AJ1 tooling instead. It‘a a pure cash grab by Nike/JB to not fix this tbh. At this point none of this is surprising in the least though.

I mean that’s just it, we don’t know. What if they did do the black/red Ships with the proper tooling? This pack has to at least set that up next. Even if they didn’t do the tooling, I wouldn’t be mad. We’ve been getting retros for years that are never correct and don’t look anything like their predecessors. Retros always have something different than the original. Whether that’s material choices, shape, colors, etc. We all still buy retros. It’s business. Still happy this pack even came to fruition. Years in the making.

Jordan brand has always upcharged on packs rather than give you a package deal like any normal bundle. Like mjo said, they somehow came up with $500 for the dmp 13/14 pack. CDPs were $310 and if I remember correctly most retros were $135 or $150 a pop in 2008?

Back
Top Bottom