Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Navy Metallics was another pair that sat and now creeping up. I think i grabbed mine for $95 a year later and now the prices look to be increasing. Want another pair for $100!

Spidey's were obviously a bad example in terms of sitting. But can we agree they are more sought after now, hence the big price increase?

I’m actually surprised turbo greens are going for around $300
They were sitting pretty hard at around retail on stockx if I remember

damn, turbo greens are going for that much? I actually disliked them but now want a pair to really beat up. No lie, thought they looked great when the guy on Survivor had them on the show and they were beat.

People are actually wearing the shoes for once..me personally I’ve seen more Turbo Greens, ROTY, Game Royals, Spider-Man’s etc out in public than I’ve seen Unions, OW’s or Travis Scott’s...In my opinion since people are actually wearing and beating up the shoes the amount of them for sale dry up after a while. So the price increases. I guarantee by Halloween those SBB 3.0/ Black and Orange whatever you want to call them. Will be hitting for the high too.

I have a feeling that the price of game royals will be ridiculous down the road. Regardless of $$$$ value, the quality on game royals is verrry verrry nice. Quality wise, my pairs are just as nice as any of my shadows and bred toes. 897434F6-F8A6-4D82-B9A0-96B100D21999.jpeg

****one of my many messages encouraging people to grab them at retail when they dropped in 2018. 0takusamsay 0takusamsay and a few of us were a handful of folks all over this shoe from day 1. Game royals will only continue to gain steam.

Better jump on obsidians soon if you’re a non-money size, because in 2 years, like game royals, they’re gonna be stupid $$$$..

****one of my many messages encouraging people to grab them at retail when they dropped in 2018. 0takusamsay 0takusamsay and a few of us were a handful of folks all over this shoe from day 1. Game royals will only continue to gain steam.

Better jump on obsidians soon if you’re a non-money size, because in 2 years, like game royals, they’re gonna be stupid $$$$..

You right

Yeah the quality on the obsidian's are nice, all around nice black-toe color blocking colorway. another one im glad I copped and didnt sell. Prices will definitely go up

People are actually wearing the shoes for once..me personally I’ve seen more Turbo Greens, ROTY, Game Royals, Spider-Man’s etc out in public than I’ve seen Unions, OW’s or Travis Scott’s...In my opinion since people are actually wearing and beating up the shoes the amount of them for sale dry up after a while. So the price increases. I guarantee by Halloween those SBB 3.0/ Black and Orange whatever you want to call them. Will be hitting for the high too.
Well to be fair I'd wear a pair I spent $200 on a lot more than a $700 pair for fear of them getting messed up.

Folks too scared to wear them.

damn, turbo greens are going for that much? I actually disliked them but now want a pair to really beat up. No lie, thought they looked great when the guy on Survivor had them on the show and they were beat.

I think any of the decent 1's from the last couple years are all going for $300+ (for size 9), even the non OG's (LA to Chis are $600 for sz9, Shadows almost $400, Spideys $500, Court Purples $500, Royals almost $400, Turbo Greens $300+, etc.).

If you can't get them retail, they are almost instantly out of reasonable price range. I'm not trying to spend $500 on any 1's (or really, any shoes).

I think any of the decent 1's from the last couple years are all going for $300+ (for size 9), even the non OG's (LA to Chis are $600 for sz9, Shadows almost $400, Spideys $500, Court Purples $500, Royals almost $400, Turbo Greens $300+, etc.).

If you can't get them retail, they are almost instantly out of reasonable price range. I'm not trying to spend $500 on any 1's (or really, any shoes).

Yeah I was going to move my additional pair of Paris-NYCs for close to retail but I figured they would probably go up in the next year or two. I‘ve also been wearing my 1st pair quite a bit so it’s good to have the option of a 2nd pair, either way.

I wear my frags, ts1, off whites albeit I am more sparingly doing that. But I treat all my 1s with care.
Spideys in 9.5 were About 240 on stock right before release. I remember because I passed

Navy Metallics was another pair that sat and now creeping up. I think i grabbed mine for $95 a year later and now the prices look to be increasing. Want another pair for $100!
IMO the Metallic Navy’s are an example of being an OG. They were passed up on when they dropped, but over time, them being a legit OG colorway has eventually made them coveted and increased their price. I think the same can be said for most OG-ish colorways (like the Game Royals, in classic/OG Chi color blocking (except for the tongue), but blue instead of red). As long as JB doesn’t do any BS (I’m looking at you leather Wings patch), IMO I think they could put damn near any color with an OG colorblocking (in particular Chi, Blk/Red, UNC, and Black Toe) and they’d either fly right away, or eventually go up in price if they sat initially.

I’m a sucker for white tongue/white lace combo but these might be the only one I leave with black laces

23C942D2-3C9C-42AF-8A90-F52A10ACDFDC.jpeg
We’re both suckers than when it comes to that combo of white laces with a white tongue. But, the Chis are a must IMO to having black laces with their white tongue. However, I might rock the black laces as well on the upcoming Court Purples.

Game Royals did sell out, but they could have definitely been had for retail or almost under in some sizes after the release.
Those sat at certain places then on certain websites. I think even to the point where you could you a discount. And the hyper royal just were terrible imo even @ $90 I didn't want them.

We’re both suckers than when it comes to that combo of white laces with a white tongue. But, the Chis are a must IMO to having black laces with their white tongue. However, I might rock the black laces as well on the upcoming Court Purples.
Yeah, I feel like I committed a crime if I switched to white laces on Chicago’s for some reason. No offense to anyone who does it but I just can’t.

speaking of spidey's, still got that a DS PS pair for my Grandson to wear the day his Pops gets out the bing!

Back
Top Bottom