Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm thinking about getting shoe shields for my royals. I haven't UnDS'ed them though. I have sneaker shields in my 3's and 4's but 1's with creases aren't that bad to me...

Is the Vegas' leather softer than this one?  Never had one.  In your picture, it looks a little stiff on the toe there. Kind of remind me the Chicago.

Vegas > Royals as far as leather wore mines like 4 times already and wheres the crease?

Royals are better than chicago thats a fact but creasing not so bad a bit stiff but definitely comfortable.

Last edited:
a pair of my royals i un'ds'd had a precreased look but was not exactly creased jus seemed a bit wrinkly

For anyone still looking for this years 3M upper, Retro 1 BHM's -

Livestock has them left in a size 11.5, 12, and 14.  They are regularly $155 on there, but from today until May 24th you can use code LS1YR on any purchase to save 25% off your entire order.  This brings them back down to $116.25 (which is less than US retail plus tax) plus $12 shipping anywhere in the US.  You can get them for near retail on eBay, but I like to buy from a legit retailer when at all possible.  There were a lot of posts about them earlier, so just thought I would share in case anyone was still interested.

http://deadstock.ca/jordan-1-retro-high-qs-bhm-black.html

Question:

In terms of quality, which of the two would you get if they were near the same price: DS 2001 Royals or DS 2013 Royals?

Thanks.

Question:

In terms of quality, which of the two would you get if they were near the same price: DS 2001 Royals or DS 2013 Royals?

Thanks.

2013. The 01's are a high top but 2013's are cut a little higher like the '85's. I will say that the royal blue on the '01's pop out more than they do on the '13's but other than that
2013 royal 1 > 2001 royal 1

Question:

Thanks.

In terms of quality:
I would say '13. I never owned the '01, but from what i heard they're not close to comfortable. The newer models are surprisingly comfty for a flat shoe.

In terms of looks:
I would still say the '13. It's more true to the OG. The durabuck/nubuck swoosh on the '01 really through me off. However, I adore the flat toebox on the on the '01 and the overall shape.

People tend to cry bad material on newer retros. But they are for sure more comfortable than older models because of the newer materials they produce.

Thanks for all the informative responses. I ended up buying a pair of 2013's. Can't wait for them to arrive!
LOL WOW you definetely screwed up right there...2001s are legendary....the cut on them is amazing, these losers just fooled the hell out of you dude..trust me I have 2001 bred 1s and 2001 royals and I bought 2013 royals but sold them so quick because they are just absolutely terrible...first off the blue is so dull its more purplish, the leather is trash and creases within 1 or 2 wears, and the toe box is cut so high they look like dunks, all those dudes who said 2013 have never had a pair of 2001s in their hands and are most likely new to 1s or to the game...return them as soon as you can because you just failed big time listening to nike talkers

LOL WOW you definetely screwed up right there...2001s are legendary....the cut on them is amazing, these losers just fooled the hell out of you dude..trust me I have 2001 bred 1s and 2001 royals and I bought 2013 royals but sold them so quick because they are just absolutely terrible...first off the blue is so dull its more purplish, the leather is trash and creases within 1 or 2 wears, and the toe box is cut so high they look like dunks, all those dudes who said 2013 have never had a pair of 2001s in their hands and are most likely new to 1s or to the game...return them as soon as you can because you just failed big time listening to nike talkers
Wait, you post here on niketalk, doesn't that make YOU a niketalker also? I'm so confused cuz your giving your opinion as well, just like the others did. Nothing wrong with either answer.

Slight crease after wearing for 8hrs

That's a good thing to me. You should be worried if your leather doesnt crease. That's what real leather is supposed to do. A lot of dudes got it backwards. Creasing is a characteristic of leather. If you want leather that doesn't crease, consider buying some polo boots to walk or hoop in.

Last edited:

So I'm a loser for the simple fact that we have differing opinions? That's some really sound reasoning on your part. For what it's worth I own 12 pairs of ones including 01 and 13 Royals so I'm not new to anything, and 13's are definitely more comfortable imo. At the end of the day they're sneakers they are meant to be worn creasing is inevitable.

Last edited:

Lol, we're losers. Haha, just goes to show you how ignorant some fools are on here. My first 1's were in 1985 and the 2013's are more in the spirit of the OG. Yeah, we're all new to the game. :lol:

The guy made the right choice. As far as shoes creasing, YOU sound new to the game. That's what happens to leather. Stay in school, kids!

Back
Top Bottom