Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I stopped buying from stockx a year ago there authentication process is crap I hate the fact they don’t give a heads up if the pair has some defects , if the box is damaged, if it’s missing shoes laces or accessories and etc stuff like that they don’t tell you , I’ve boughten shoes that come with markings, loose stitching, damaged boxes, missing extra laces or accessories I stopped buying from them and starting buying off of goat or sole supremacy I’ve boughten stuff from both and no complaints yet
I agree with you about how StockX doesn't let you know about missing anything. I have 32 completed purchases with another 2 in progress. I had one pair of Sports Illustrated 1's that we're missing the tissue paper and the shoe trees but I didn't sweat it because it looked like they originally came from a outlet and I only paid $100. But when I purchased my Reversed Bred 1's they were missing the special tissue paper. This time I was tight, but they gave me a choice to return or a $60 credit, which I took and put towards re-copping Turbo Green 1's. That same pair of Turbo Green 1's I had to wait a while for because the initial pair didn't pass authentication and they only told me that after I emailed them. There were no updates on the site but they automatically matched me with another seller. As far as Goat I've bought 11 pairs, the last of which is on the way but I had the same issue where the initial pair was the wrong size and they tried to match me with another seller but failed. But they at least let me know before hand.

Last edited:
I’ll just have to wear the purps around the house for a while. Show y’all how this leather breaks in and creases

I stopped buying from stockx a year ago there authentication process is crap I hate the fact they don’t give a heads up if the pair has some defects , if the box is damaged, if it’s missing shoes laces or accessories and etc stuff like that they don’t tell you , I’ve boughten shoes that come with markings, loose stitching, damaged boxes, missing extra laces or accessories I stopped buying from them and starting buying off of goat or sole supremacy I’ve boughten stuff from both and no complaints yet

Boughten tho

I agree with you about how StockX doesn't let you know about missing anything. I have 32 completed purchases with another 2 in progress. I had one pair of Sports Illustrated 1's that we're missing the tissue paper and the shoe trees but I didn't sweat it because it looked like they originally came from a outlet and I only paid $100. But when I purchased my Reversed Bred 1's they were missing the special tissue paper. This time I was tight, but they gave me a choice to return or a $60 credit, which I took and put towards re-copping Turbo Green 1's. That same pair of Turbo Green 1's I had to wait a while for because the initial pair didn't pass authentication and they only told me that after I emailed them. There were no updates on the site but they automatically matched me with another seller. As far as Goat I've bought 11 pairs, the last of which is on the way but I had the same issue where the initial pair was the wrong size and they tried to match me with another seller but failed. But they at least let me know before hand.

They've never tried to match me with another seller if it failed authentication, even if there was another pair available. Only if the seller didn't ship would they match me again. I was salty because I literally ordered Rust Pinks last week for $2750 but they failed. I was honestly expecting them to, but no way were they gonna come up to the next ask. I've had a couple of other much cheaper shoes fail too but they didn't re-match me on those either.

i think i've only ever bought three pairs of shoes from stockx, and all three of them were/are fine

that being said, they try waaaay too hard with their "hey, we talk just like you guys do!" nonsense and corny jokes and stuff in their e-mails/correspondences, and there's just something about them that's always seemed off/sketchy

that they consider tried-on shoes ds, in addition to everything else that's already been mentioned (e.g. box damage, missing laces, etc.) has also always been a turn-off too

i think i've only ever bought three pairs of shoes from stockx, and all three of them were/are fine

that being said, they try waaaay too hard with their "hey, we talk just like you guys do!" nonsense and corny jokes and stuff in their e-mails/correspondences, and there's just something about them that's always seemed off/sketchy

that they consider tried-on shoes ds, in addition to everything else that's already been mentioned (e.g. box damage, missing laces, etc.) has also always been a turn-off too
Tried on shoes are still some what deadstock but I get where you coming from

Even when you buy online 9/10 you might get a tried on shoe depending where its coming from especially with the FTL chain of stores

if i'm cashing out some fuccbo* reseller and paying him 200%+ of a shoe's msrp, then the shoes better be pristine and untouched is all i'm saying

not to mention that some people are simply gross af and will pay no mind to something like stepping outside in nothing but their socks, for instance

in a retail store environment, sure, i'll be a little more forgiving, but absolutely not when i'm paying resell

Last edited:
if i'm cashing out some fuccbo* reseller and paying him 200%+ of a shoe's msrp, then the shoes better be pristine and untouched is all i'm saying

not to mention that some people are simply gross af and will pay no mind to something like stepping outside in nothing but their socks, for instance

in a retail store environment, sure, i might be a little more forgiving, but absolutely not when i'm paying resell
And you are absolutely 💯 on that I totally agree especially when resell come into play

5A46284F-4C48-442C-BF6A-EE12520F2BC3.png

I guess this was ebays response to stockx:lol:

5A46284F-4C48-442C-BF6A-EE12520F2BC3.png

I guess this was ebays response to stockx:lol:
Man, eBay can smd too

Tbh the best route for me has been thru Instagram.... its a little luck of the draw as far as what gets posted and at what price but patience/persistence has worked for me. I’m basically at a point where I’m not checking for any missed releases, I got what I need , or prices skyrocketed so I’m out of the hunt

but I hate eBay

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but my court purple 2.0 came in today and the "leather" smell is STRONG. The strongest new shoe smell I've had on a shoe in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom