Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Man how ya'll still have 2015 sneakers deadstock?! :lol:
My self-control isn't strong enough to not wear a sneaker in 5 years :lol:
OVO Xs and Gone Fishing Foams still DS. They were my 1st buys off the SNKRS app when it was an easy cop every time. Miss those days.

OVO Xs and Gone Fishing Foams still DS. They were my 1st buys off the SNKRS app when it was an easy cop every time. Miss those days.
Those were the iphone only days, no?

those days i heard were easy af... then android got it and BOOM

I hate to say it but wait for the massive layoffs this fall. Entire airline industry about to be rocked.

Are you living under a rock, that’s already happened. We are at a higher unemployment rate than the Great Depression. Sneaker prices aren’t dropping my dude, they’re climbing.

Are you living under a rock, that’s already happened. We are at a higher unemployment rate than the Great Depression. Sneaker prices aren’t dropping my dude, they’re climbing.
You ain’t even seen the impact yet! People living high off the inflated unemployment checks that end in 4 months, credit card bills will start to come due, and those tax payments will be due in July. I won’t argue with you but just wait....

You ain’t even seen the impact yet! People living high off the inflated unemployment checks that end in 4 months, credit card bills will start to come due, and those tax payments will be due in July. I won’t argue with you but just wait....
I agree with you. A whole lot of financially illiterate people living beyond their means right now. I’ve actually saved thousands of dollars over the last couple of months and I put it all in the bank.
The bills will come due!

Rainy Saturday at the parentals

D1DF14F5-5B18-42FB-ACE5-1775324E4375.jpeg

I agree with you. A whole lot of financially illiterate people living beyond their means right now. I’ve actually saved thousands of dollars over the last couple of months and I put it all in the bank.
The bills will come due!
Exactly.

I'm out of work and have been for 2 months now. I'm drawing as much on unemployment as I would be working fortunately. I don't have a job to go back to as the business closed down.

By nature of not leaving my house as often and businesses being closed I'm spending a lot less money than I normally would be. So living below our means if you will.

All that "extra" money is going into savings. Our bills are paid like always but my savings account growing.

Nice, You ever going to wear em?

Probably not now honestly...at the time I was planning a double up but was actually going through my fifth back surgery, so priorities were obviously elsewhere and now I don't wanna pay today's prices. I have way too many other shoes before I take these out now, so for the time being they're just a part of the collection.

Everything you have said is accurate and I’m not disagreeing with any of those points. You are forgetting the most important variable though, rich kids dictate the sneaker market. This is a rich person’s hobby and they hold a vast majority of the stock. Sure there are a handful of resellers that will need to cash out, but that’s a small percentage of the entire market. If you really believe sneaker prices are going to plummet, you’re deluding yourself.

I hate to say it but wait for the massive layoffs this fall. Entire airline industry about to be rocked. That will cause tourism to drop out the bottom which affects service jobs which are at least 50% of US jobs. Retailers already lining up for bankruptcy.
right now everyone living good off stimulus checks, banks pausing mortgage payments, and utility companies delaying shut offs. This country is going to have to pay the piper and just like Valentine and Winthrop in trading places we will buy!
10F044AD-E2D3-45BC-85C0-8742C0B7663A.gif

Yep. Fools don’t realize that this country is headed for a huge depression. Hell, the economies of the entire world are in for some very dark days. Better be saving now. Wait until the second wave of Coronavirus hits this fall. This country is in big trouble.

I am in the middle. I do feel a recession is coming, but I also could see some sneakers holding their values just because of how limited / rate they are.

They aren't dropping TS1s, off White 1s, and many classic OG 1s anytime soon. So how many DS are still really out there?

I think overall retail sales are going to decline. Sales of non-hype shoes are probably going to suffer, but coveted shoes are still gonna rise as usual. People who set the upper prices are typically people with plenty of money like previous post said.
if true, not a bad thing

I got a lot of great shoes in the $100 range, give or take, that are fantastic...

AT3 medicine balls, air max light obsidian, etc

I think overall retail sales are going to decline. Sales of non-hype shoes are probably going to suffer, but coveted shoes are still gonna rise as usual. People who set the upper prices are typically people with plenty of money like previous post said.
What would you consider non-hype shoes? Personally still want some of the past 2018 ones i missed or had to let go. Thinking of purple toe 1.0, shadows and the yellow/red from the best hand in the game pack. Maybe even get my roty and shadows back. Idk documentary made prices go way up on Jordan’s so I would guess the only way for prices to come down is a recession.

but like others have mentioned, ow 1, ts1, frags, and other super hype stuff won’t drop much at all

I am in the middle. I do feel a recession is coming, but I also could see some sneakers holding their values just because of how limited / rate they are.

They aren't dropping TS1s, off White 1s, and many classic OG 1s anytime soon. So how many DS are still really out there?

I think you guys hit the nail on the head here. Most of the jobs being negatively affected are probably not the ones being held by most of the people buying very hyped shoes so I think this is going to really hurt sales of cheaper/lower end shoes tbh.

What I am afraid of is that Nike/JB might start cutting costs and/or raising prices at the higher end of the market (I.e. cheaper materials used on $190 GR retros) to make up for losses on the lower end of the market.

Back
Top Bottom