Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I get it, they look pretty cool, but just can’t get down with it. Maybe because growing up my parents could only afford to buy me 1 pair of sub-$100 sneakers per school year. So even though now I wear a few different $1k pairs, I still remember cleaning my sneakers on weekends trying to keep them looking presentable throughout the year. This is just fees so counterintuitive to that feeling of treasuring your possessions.

I honestly rarely need to clean my shoes... I don't do dumb **** I used as a kid like taking shortcuts like walking through a muddy *** lot or anything like that... in fact, I rarely have to do much walking at all compared to whenI was a kid and used to walk to and from school. My shoes always stay looking new... they should self destruct but that is the nature of most Nike shoes unfortunately. We thought 1s were immune to that, but Nike said think again!

Anyone have any experience in dealing with La Poste from France? I placed an order in May and the last update was from theJune 4th saying the package has left France. Nothing since and I can’t even get the seller to find out who the package is supposed to be transferred to...

These are the six AJ1s I wear the most. I’m wearing the Satin SBB right now, in fact.

3BE3A34F-7D2B-49FE-BEE2-69A8863C07B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Although I think paying to have your kicks customized in order to look aged is dumb as hell I do understand the sentiment for people with larger collection or people who just want a certain look right now.

Like most of you guys I own way too many shoes. I'm in the process of creating another list of my 50 favs and hopefully downsizing my collection a lot. At 32 kicks mean a lot less to me than they did a decade ago. The last shoe I remember actually beating is my 2013 breds and even now they are one of my most worn pairs. As I get older I realize I'm never going to run through all this stuff that I thought I would so I gotta do something else.

Although I think paying to have your kicks customized in order to look aged is dumb as hell I do understand the sentiment for people with larger collection or people who just want a certain look right now.

Like most of you guys I own way too many shoes. I'm in the process of creating another list of my 50 favs and hopefully downsizing my collection a lot. At 32 kicks mean a lot less to me than they did a decade ago. The last shoe I remember actually beating is my 2013 breds and even now they are one of my most worn pairs. As I get older I realize I'm never going to run through all this stuff that I thought I would so I gotta do something else.
Will be 46 next week and I’m starting to kinda not want a lot of shoes. I have 30 pair of 1s plus a couple doubles, and some 3, 4, and sbs laying around. I really just wanted the set of ogs but I don’t see that happening, idk maybe I’ll sell some stuff soon, not sure

I just wanna know why people are so afraid of wearing their kicks.

Nothing lasts forever and tomorrow ain't promised.

I have a problem where I don't tend to wear my kicks if I ain't got nowhere nice to go or if I'm just in my lounging fits - in which case I'd just put on some beaters :emoji_confounded:. My workplace dress code has been hella more casual lately due to COVID-19 so I've been able to wear my kicks to work though :emoji_grinning:

Eh

I’m older than you (but younger than @theltrain old ***).... I’m past the point of caring if I’ll be able to wear my sneakers enough to warrant having them. I know I can’t. I don’t really care though. I have the money, I like the sneakers, so I buy em. Some of em I rarely or never get to wear but it doesn’t stress me one bit. I do get the idea of not having too many though. I guess for everyone that’s a different number.

Eh

I’m older than you (but younger than @theltrain old ***).... I’m past the point of caring if I’ll be able to wear my sneakers enough to warrant having them. I know I can’t. I don’t really care though. I have the money, I like the sneakers, so I buy em. Some of em I rarely or never get to wear but it doesn’t stress me one bit. I do get the idea of not having too many though. I guess for everyone that’s a different number.

Me.

Yeah, I just discovered it recently. There's pages that sell aged laces and customizers who age the entire shoe. I'd personally just beat my kicks naturally, instead of chasing nostalgia....but to each his own.

The Pine Green 2.0 he did look dope lowkey.

it’s probably because the tumble on the leather is gone

I have a problem where I don't tend to wear my kicks if I ain't got nowhere nice to go or if I'm just in my lounging fits - in which case I'd just put on some beaters :emoji_confounded:. My workplace dress code has been hella more casual lately due to COVID-19 so I've been able to wear my kicks to work though :emoji_grinning:
I hear you. I used to do the same thing, but it became pointless waiting on the perfect moment. There is none. Going to work and grocery shopping is the new "going out". :lol:

Now I just rock my heat whenever and wherever.

I hear you. I used to do the same thing, but it became pointless waiting on the perfect moment. There is none. Going to work and grocery shopping is the new "going out". :lol:

Now I just rock my heat whenever and wherever.
yea, i feel that..... except i wear some (beat, heaters, or heat beaters? ) if i'm going out so i don't have alcohol induced accidents...... i'd rather wear heat somewhere that they are less likely to be damaged

I honestly rarely need to clean my shoes... I don't do dumb **** I used as a kid like taking shortcuts like walking through a muddy *** lot or anything like that... in fact, I rarely have to do much walking at all compared to whenI was a kid and used to walk to and from school. My shoes always stay looking new... they should self destruct but that is the nature of most Nike shoes unfortunately. We thought 1s were immune to that, but Nike said think again!

I’m guessing you don’t go out drinking to dive bars or to concerts very much (or don’t wear sneakers when going to these places)... I’ve come home with pretty trashed shoes doing this stuff. I wore a pair of 1s to Coachella a few years ago and they looked like I had just gone to war with them by the time I got back home.

I've been wearing my cloudfoam slides so much during corona quarantine / WFH, that I have actual slide tan-lines across the top of my foot. I haven't worn any new pairs in months

Back
Top Bottom