Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
so we should keep our tangible items in our possession, and your comment suggests you're cool w/o the shoe in hopes of a rectified retro.......
200.gif
So you’re telling me these aren’t gonna retro? Breds, royals, shadows? Gentry could throw on the leather tag for all I care as long as they fix that glitter issue.

So you’re telling me these aren’t gonna retro? Breds, royals, shadows? Gentry could throw on the leather tag for all I care as long as they fix that glitter issue.
i'm telling you that i plan on keeping and wiping my 1's; and i inferred from your comment that you're waiting for a retro to own the shoes, and have hopes that they have fixed the glitter issue on that retro.......

imagine waiting for the retro, and they don't change leather

That's why there should probably be a class action lawsuit against Nike for constantly selling defective shoes...

i'm telling you that i plan on keeping and wiping my 1's; and i inferred from your comment that you're waiting for a retro to own the shoes, and have hopes that they have fixed the glitter issue on that retro.......

imagine waiting for the retro, and they don't change leather
I don't think any of the previous year's retros had this issue (could be mistaken) so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it was the type of leather they used. But I mean at that point, it would still be better than paying 900 (1000 BIN on goat now) for the breds. Not saying I'd be able to grab it for retail, but it would most certainly be cheaper than the '16's now. I do want to add the OG cw's to the collection and I'm more than content waiting it out to see what happens. IF the glitter is still a thing, I'll be sure to throw up a video of me patting em down with the wipes.

I don't think any of the previous year's retros had this issue (could be mistaken) so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it was the type of leather they used. But I mean at that point, it would still be better than paying 900 (1000 BIN on goat now) for the breds. Not saying I'd be able to grab it for retail, but it would most certainly be cheaper than the '16's now. I do want to add the OG cw's to the collection and I'm more than content waiting it out to see what happens. IF the glitter is still a thing, I'll be sure to throw up a video of me patting em down with the wipes.
lol glitter or naw, these prices are ridiculous now...... only desire to own warrants the dropping of $600+ for a shoe that retails at 160........unless your trying to invest and flip for profit; but at these prices i don't care how good the leather is i always feel like 3 $300 shoes outweighs 1 shoe at $1000; AGAIN unless it's about COLLECTING and NOT FASHION

which black based 1 that dropped in 19 had that kinda of black leather panels so we can watch for effects

Last edited:
didn't glitter stop with the 2018 shadows? the black leather on those is noticeably different than breds and royals, and we were suspecting when we all got them in hand that they might be immune from glittergate.

since then, they've done weird stuff with black leather like the shiny stuff on gym reds, patent tumbled on sbb3s, and flyleather on hyper crimsons.

...and glitter is minimized if you actually wear the shoes. for those that have a sheet of white on their breds, i honestly couldn't care less. the more the better actually.

glitter is prevalent on my shadows and BC3, both 2018 releases. Also, i dont think a lawsuit would be valid as nike will always allow a return. Hurting your resale profits is irrelevant.

There were a few that had it even from old releases like the Shadows (09?) and RTTG, Black/Whites too a bit. That Rose Anvil video says he thinks they used a layer of plastic over the leather so it might be that it's something to do with that, but I'm not sure.

Bought the black/white 2014’s last year from stockX, but they ended up glittering a little after I got them. Didn’t feel right spending that much for a pair that glittered so quickly, so I got rid of them. Kind of regret it now since prices doubled, but figured they’d release again sooner or later :smh:

That's why there should probably be a class action lawsuit against Nike for constantly selling defective shoes...
I was just thinking about this a few days ago.

If the sneaker culture looked different...we'd all be getting some kind of compensation; and Nike/JB would be addressing it.

BUT......since our culture is a buy whatever BS they put out and ignore quality/defects in favor of hype kind of culture ....it'll never happen.

I see where all the storm blues have went, they’re going to these customizers on IG to make them look vintage :smh:

ok at first I thought it was cool but now reality is setting in and I’m almost not understanding what’s happening anymore lol. Let me get this straight, so people don’t wanna wear shoes until they get beat but make them look beat and maybe wear it a few times to flex on ig? That look will get old real soon and I doubt it’ll be easy to offload beat customs:lol:

I can imagine people be like “worn three times but they were made to look worn, I promise s/o $300”

Anyone with a 9/9,5 Travis 1 low looking to sell? If so Dm. It’s for a soon to be birthday boy(me)

I see where all the storm blues have went, they’re going to these customizers on IG to make them look vintage :smh:

ok at first I thought it was cool but now reality is setting in and I’m almost not understanding what’s happening anymore lol. Let me get this straight, so people don’t wanna wear shoes until they get beat but make them look beat and maybe wear it a few times to flex on ig? That look will get old real soon and I doubt it’ll be easy to offload beat customs:lol:

I can imagine people be like “worn three times but they were made to look worn, I promise s/o $300”
tenor.gif

There has to be something causing that glittering. Thought it was a regional thing or how theyre stored. Lived in Socal then Norcal. Kept the shoes in their boxes, sometimes in the garage or in the bedroom/closet and have never ever seen any glitter on my jordans

At this point idk either. I was getting it a little bit at my old crib. Moved to my new crib 15 minutes away, now I don't get it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom