Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Random question: do you sometimes say or think to yourself "CRIP 4 LIFE"?

source.gif

27C6D0BC-ABBE-4AB2-8C34-E93AAEE309FA.gif

Random question: do you sometimes say or think to yourself "CRIP 4 LIFE"?

source.gif
Wow. Didn’t realize what was going on in here. Wild. To answer your question though, never. #1, that’s corny. I’m not a Crip. #2, while I might refer to MYSELF as crippled in closed circles, you’d NEVER catch me using that word in a more public/open setting. I don’t say that sht in the street/out in public, because I’m not going for ANYONE calling me that. #3, I know actual Crips (just saying), and that’d be both dumb and disrespectful.

I know its random and I apologize if there's any offense but I just think if I was newly crippled or born that way I would do anything I can to cope and humor would be my first go-to. So personally I think I'd say it to myself under my breath. I apologize to anyone especially j moblie if they've taken offence. I figured he'd have a sense of humor about it because his profile pic is literally "Cripple Please". I find that humorous.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
You’re good. No offense taken. Not funny, but not offended. However, you really shouldn’t go around saying sht like “newly crippled,” or saying “crippled” in general. I say it in jest and in defiance of what is and isn’t acceptable, but generally speaking it’s a pretty derogatory term. Stick to “disabled” or “differently abled.” And while I can’t speak for people that BECOME differently abled through whether it be disease, accidents, or other reasons, I was born this way. Therefore, I’m not COPING with anything. It’s me. That’s like saying how do I COPE being a male. Or how do I COPE being Black. Or how does one COPE with being short, or tall, or skinny, or fat. A lot of the world isn’t built with wheelchairs in mind, but I figure out what I gotta do, to do what I wanna do, and make sht happen.

....they already shipped it too. Damn. Wish everything had a 1hr turnaround. I entered the Dallas store, which is like 3 miles from me

Wow. Didn’t realize what was going on in here. Wild. To answer your question though, never. #1, that’s corny. I’m not a Crip. #2, while I might refer to MYSELF as crippled in closed circles, you’d NEVER catch me using that word in a more public/open setting. I don’t say that sht in the street/out in public, because I’m not going for ANYONE calling me that. #3, I know actual Crips (just saying), and that’d be both dumb and disrespectful.

You’re good. No offense taken. Not funny, but not offended. However, you really shouldn’t go around saying sht like “newly crippled,” or saying “crippled” in general. I say it in jest and in defiance of what is and isn’t acceptable, but generally speaking it’s a pretty derogatory term. Stick to “disabled” or “differently abled.” And while I can’t speak for people that BECOME differently abled through whether it be disease, accidents, or other reasons, I was born this way. Therefore, I’m not COPING with anything. It’s me. That’s like saying how do I COPE being a male. Or how do I COPE being Black. Or how does one COPE with being short, or tall, or skinny, or fat. A lot of the world isn’t built with wheelchairs in mind, but I figure out what I gotta do, to do what I wanna do, and make sht happen.

I appreciate the insight fam.

Back
Top Bottom