Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
SNKRs fueled it all IMO. Funneled all the "limited" drops into one space and advertised it like it was as easy as downloading the app and buying the shoes.

More people also have gotten into reselling since then tbh. Reselling platforms like StockX, GOAT, and even Poshmark have spent $$$$ on ads showing how easy their respective services are to use. Almost spat out my beer at a sports bar when I saw Seth Fowler come on the TV during an NFL game commercial break lol

I’m a fan of Chicago’s & Bred 1s like everybody else. This thread constantly screaming for both to be re-released. It’s like the topic err’ page forreal. 2015 & 2016 wasn’t that long ago. 5-6 years.

My question is WTF was all of y’all doing when both shoes last released? Y’all luv both shoes that much, How/Why don’t y’all own them? Serious question tho..... 🤔

Was broke living at my moms 🤷🏻‍♂️

I remember the 2015 release. That’s when Nike was doing the Twitter hashtag draws and you had to DM your local Nike town to get in on the draw. I used a Bot (early days). Was like $50 and they spammed the local NT chat. I won. I remember picking up my size 11 and the girl was like “your account was flagged for responding too fast so if you do it again you’ll be banned”

back in the 2015-2016 days it was harder winning releases than it is now.
Resale Was Lower. The royals release was chaotic but back then the euro sites were all shipping to the states and not as well known.
The good old days LOL jk

SNKRs fueled it all IMO. Funneled all the "limited" drops into one space and advertised it like it was as easy as downloading the app and buying the shoes.

You guys remember when SNKRS was touted as a way to beat bots by Nike? IIRC the Chi release was pushed back because Nike wanted to make sure it was secure enough. Then Yeezys and boosts happened and all of that went out the window for Nike.

More people also have gotten into reselling since then tbh. Reselling platforms like StockX, GOAT, and even Poshmark have spent $$$$ on ads showing how easy their respective services are to use. Almost spat out my beer at a sports bar when I saw Seth Fowler come on the TV during an NFL game commercial break lol

This, sneaker resellers are basically a plague. I was reading about PS5 and SX resellers and the articles confirmed that the bots they were using were repurposed sneaker bots. My wife collects Disney stuff and a while back everything started to sell out, and sites were crashing. I told her it had to be bots, and sure enough resellers started coming on to groups trying to sell to people, admitting they used bots to buy stock. Looking at their ebay pages they usually sold shoes as well, I'm sure there was other areas they moved into as well.

Last edited:
Next up for me......
C1ECA64D-AD46-4B47-9642-24B4BEE67E03.jpeg

I remember the 2015 release. That’s when Nike was doing the Twitter hashtag draws and you had to DM your local Nike town to get in on the draw. I used a Bot (early days). Was like $50 and they spammed the local NT chat. I won. I remember picking up my size 11 and the girl was like “your account was flagged for responding too fast so if you do it again you’ll be banned”

back in the 2015-2016 days it was harder winning releases than it is now.
Resale Was Lower. The royals release was chaotic but back then the euro sites were all shipping to the states and not as well known.
The good old days LOL jk

I remember this being the only reason I ever created a twitter account. Safe to say it’s been dead since lol.

similar thing with me, I remember not being able to get those reservations so I tried out this twitter bot and i was able to reserve a pair of DB 5s but my mom was mad at me for something so she didn't want to drive me over there to get them. lowkey never forgave her for that

Back
Top Bottom