Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
it's just extremely meh and doesn't warrant the hype that it gets simply due to how limited they were. If they had released a few years ago in the same quantity as the average J1 it would have went on sale and then to outlets so many other pairs of 1s did..
No doubt. Shoes like it were all over in the 80’s. The ‘85 Retro High is like trying to put back together an OG 85 and it going horribly wrong. Shoe just doesn’t look right even though JB hyped it up to being like the original. They simply failed.

0E5161D5-C2F8-48B7-85E4-7C11343BBE95.jpeg
8FD0D257-5BA6-4EFF-A7FC-73E94985EEC4.jpeg

Yeah these are doo doo. That damn check doesn’t look right on highs.

Man never thought id see the day NT would hate the NGs as much as they do lol. Personally I love the extra sleek look of them. Sure the toe is a little off but it's nowhere near as exaggerated as some of y'all are making it out to be.

20210404_171052.jpg

20210404_145020.jpg
Yeah, I’m also shocked at all the dislike for the pair. I’m fine with it, as it doesn’t affect me one bit personally, and having different views and tastes is what NT is ultimately about, I just didn’t expect it. I personally LOVE having the NGs, and I’m just glad I was able to double up.

It’s obvious that the ‘85s aren’t EXACTLY like the ORIGINAL 1985 Jordan 1s, but I am curious as to what all the original Jordan 1s looked like in 1985 (not just pictures, but seeing lots of them in person at that time) in comparison to the ‘85s, and I’m also curious as to what the ‘85 are going to look like worn and/or aged NATURALLY 5, 10, 15 years from now. None of us are leather experts, so I’m just curious how the ‘85s are gonna look like later, and if worn/aged will actually show that they look more like the ORIGINALS then many think, and whether the toe shapes more like the originals over time when worn and aged. I love mine regardless though.

Yeah, I’m also shocked at all the dislike for the pair. I’m fine with it, as it doesn’t affect me one bit personally, and having different views and tastes is what NT is ultimately about, I just didn’t expect it. I personally LOVE having the NGs, and I’m just glad I was able to double up.

It’s obvious that the ‘85s aren’t EXACTLY like the ORIGINAL 1985 Jordan 1s, but I am curious as to what all the original Jordan 1s looked like in 1985 (not just pictures, but seeing lots of them in person at that time) in comparison to the ‘85s, and I’m also curious as to what the ‘85 are going to look like worn and/or aged NATURALLY 5, 10, 15 years from now. None of us are leather experts, so I’m just curious how the ‘85s are gonna look like later, and if worn/aged will actually show that they look more like the ORIGINALS then many think, and whether the toe shapes more like the originals over time when worn and aged. I love mine regardless though.
Double up at retail?

Last edited:
No doubt. Shoes like it were all over in the 80’s. The ‘85 Retro High is like trying to put back together an OG 85 and it going horribly wrong. Shoe just doesn’t look right even though JB hyped it up to being like the original. They simply failed.
Man never thought id see the day NT would hate the NGs as much as they do lol. Personally I love the extra sleek look of them. Sure the toe is a little off but it's nowhere near as exaggerated as some of y'all are making it out to be.

20210404_171052.jpg

20210404_145020.jpg

I LOVE the cw of the NGs but they REALLY did these dirty by keeping the modern swoosh instead of the 85 swoosh... It’s kind of sketchy they did this because they clearly are saving it for some future retro to sell more pairs (‘85 2.0s? ‘85 Remastered? ‘85 AJ1 Pt 2: Electric Boogaloo?).

Give it a few more wears

F29EB793-E59C-448F-9D45-D78E6D45D6C1.jpeg
Nah. I don’t let any of my shoes get like that-leather shoes need to be properly cared for from the jump or they start to warp, crinkle, and crease like yours have. Toeboxes on those dunks in the background also look pretty bad.
I got frequent training in high end (designer) leather shoes when I worked for Nordstrom, so all my shoes have aged magnificently because I put in my prior knowledge to keep em fresh.
I’ll post after my NGs after the 50&100th wear and I guarantee they’re still going to look amazing.

Back
Top Bottom