Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Summer 2017. Around that time we got a few very similar pairs. These all blacks and sails, the yin yang highs (black with white swoosh, white with black swoosh), and the perforated all white / perforated black with white outsole pair. Don't want to spam thread with images.
Man, that was only 4 yrs ago??? Feels like a decade lol

Sorry for not digging back some pages, but does anyone here have the AJ1 Zoom Comfort? I recently picked them up in the women's black/university red colorway from Hibbett for $112! I thought it'd be a great price for what it's offering, but... I don't feel any Zoom during try-on. Any thoughts from anyone who have them? I'm aware these only have Zoom Air in the heel.

PXL_20211028_031740129_3.jpg

Last edited:
Summer 2017. Around that time we got a few very similar pairs. These all blacks and sails, the yin yang highs (black with white swoosh, white with black swoosh), and the perforated all white / perforated black with white outsole pair. Don't want to spam thread with images.

Don’t let the pics fool you, these were very underwhelming in person. Quality was decent like the Sails but overall just looked like straight up work boots.

Don’t let the pics fool you, these were very underwhelming in person. Quality was decent like the Sails but overall just looked like straight up work boots.
Can confirm I remember walking in multiple shoe shops and it was like oh all black J1s and not batting an eye. They were sitting like the all white J1s with the red tag released around the same time iirc. Other Js got the shine around this time.

Werd. Sails were dope then, but if they dropped now I could just see them foxtrot uniform sheep scooping them up by the dozen to color in with their markers. I always keep at least one or two all white/all cream sneakers on deck personally but I don't want it to be a jordan 1 so the sails didn't appeal to me at all. Same with the yin yangs, no desire for a basic colorway like that on a 1.

Last edited:
Werd. Sails were dope then, but if they dropped now I could just see them foxtrot uniform ********rs scooping them up by the dozen to color in with their markers. I always keep at least one or two all white/all cream sneakers on deck personally but I don't want it to be a jordan 1 so the sails didn't appeal to me at all. Same with the yin yangs, no desire for a basic colorway like that on a 1.
Got the Black Yin Yangs for like $109 plus shipping and tax from ShoePalace's website. My friend essentially "sold" me on a pair after he posted his Top 3 1s on Snapchat.

I mean it wasn't a bad CW at all, but definitely kept getting "Nike SB" vibes from them. Seeing people rock them with white laces made it worse. Ended up selling them locally alongside Laser Blue 90s for like $80 and two grams of weed like 3 months later.:lol:

Last edited:
My apologies it was the yin yang J1s I was talking about both blk/white not the sails. Those are the ones that sat awhile! Colorways were so similar

Mods gotta put filters up when people put "quality" and "SBB" in the same post, we can't keep doing those discussions :lol:

That lace job though. Twisted up something ferocious. I seen cleaner plates of spaghetti
Fam they been singing that SBB quality story since 2015. I refuse to believe Nike hasn't dropped something comparable at this point.

like we don’t do that every single day here lol
The older I get the dumber this seems to me. I understand coveting something you missed out on but a fresh 20 year old (in 2025) shouldn't have to keep hearing about how great some **** was a decade ago.

I really find the the 1994 and 85 1s aesthetically appealing but I'm not losing sleep on some **** that dropped when I was in single digits (age wise)..

Im probably in the minority but my favorite thing about the SBB was that it ushered in a new color blocking for the AJ1.

I own a pair and the quality is cool but I'm not gonna force this idea that they are of better quality than every 1 that has dropped since (I'm not even sure if that's true at this point).

Back
Top Bottom