Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It’s funny you say that because nowadays the quality of a lot of retro releases and JB’s product in general is severely lacking.
Compared to about 10-15 years ago...

We're lucky. No more paint chipping or stiff *** leather on retros at least.

First wear today. Love them.

Attachments

• 76ABE012-C18A-47AA-8FC3-E08BFD5A833F.jpeg
    76ABE012-C18A-47AA-8FC3-E08BFD5A833F.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 508
A lot for me was not being able to afford these shoes as a kid. When the entire collection got to 300 pairs or so earlier this year and I'd worn maybe 30 of them....I just looked at it like wtf am I doing?

Love them to death and still do...so many rare and valuable pairs I offed but it just didn't matter anymore. They're just shoes and for the most part something similar is going to re-release if the nostalgia hits me that bad. Think the pairs I miss the most are the Unions, but I didn't care enough to put em on my feet.

Don't own any non-Nikes either. Tried NB, Adidas, UA for working out...always went back to the swoosh.

Compared to about 10-15 years ago...

We're lucky. No more paint chipping or stiff *** leather on retros at least.

Lol we still get terrible quality on so many retros.

We’re also paying $190-$200+ for retros now. OG AJ1s used to be $130 not long ago and now they’re like $160+.

Lol we still get terrible quality on so many retros.

We’re also paying $190-$200+ for retros now. OG AJ1s used to be $130 not long ago and now they’re like $160+.
I don't know man. I'm not a OG head or purist, but I think most retros now are better made(if not accounting shape/color changes). Definitely better on craftsmanship alone.

I don't know man. I'm not a OG head or purist, but I think most retros now are better made(if not accounting shape/color changes). Definitely better on craftsmanship alone.

Dude the last 2018 BC3s were FAR inferior to 1994 retros. Same with 2014 BIR 6s, those were awful compared to prior retros.

Dude the last 2018 BC3s were FAR inferior to 1994 retros. Same with 2014 BIR 6s, those were awful compared to prior retros.
I did say last 10-15 years. As far as 3s, oldest I've ever seen is I think a pair of 2001(?) TB3s. Personally don't think the recent TB3 retro was bad from a quality standpoint. Haven't seen a 6 older than the 2010/2011 retros and I'm sure they've improved since then.

I prefer the shape of the Motor sport 6s and Infrared pack I have to the new 6s. The toe doesn’t look like a boot.

I did say last 10-15 years. As far as 3s, oldest I've ever seen is I think a pair of 2001(?) TB3s. Personally don't think the recent TB3 retro was bad from a quality standpoint. Haven't seen a 6 older than the 2010/2011 retros and I'm sure they've improved since then.

You don’t think that the toebox and high cut EP on the pre-2020 3s was bad? I did a comparison on 2018 vs 2020 3s awhile back in the 2018 BC3 thread and it was like night/day.

i need those maniere jordan 1's for the toenails, the 3 is just sooooo luxurious & one of my goals with jordan releases is to get only the classics & the black owned collabs, i'm doing well thus far.

Yeah I have legitimate brand loyalty to Nike/Jordan brand. It is what it is. It’s the only thing I really have brand loyalty to, besides iphones/airpods I guess. Probably something to do with how I grew up. In my mind Jordans were in a class of their own. There were J’s, and then everything else. And I never really had J’s til I was older and buying my own shxt lol

pretty interesting topic, styles p was just talking about this on full size run last week. how because of his desire for mainly sneakers, he began selling drugs. & he went deeper into how brands brainwash consumers & how the best brands do it the best.

You don’t think that the toebox and high cut EP on the pre-2020 3s was bad? I did a comparison on 2018 vs 2020 3s awhile back in the 2018 BC3 thread and it was like night/day.
I mean the newer 3s have a sleeker look and I did notice the elephant print difference. But far as a quality standpoint, didn't really notice much between the 2016 TB3s and the 2021 CG3s.

pretty interesting topic, styles p was just talking about this on full size run last week. how because of his desire for mainly sneakers, he began selling drugs. & he went deeper into how brands brainwash consumers & how the best brands do it the best.

Honestly, I think a lot of this is due to a general lack of independent thinking. Hell, it goes FAR beyond sneakers and the fashion industry as a whole.. Look at the current state of politics at the moment, nobody seems to be able to have an amicable conversation with people they disagree with lol

Corporations and, in turn, the media (mainstream media and social media, specifically) have made everyone believe that everything is black/white when, in reality, things couldn’t be further from that. Meanwhile, everyone at the top just keeps printing money for themselves all while climate change is slowly killing all of us.

j/k on that last sentence… At least I hope so lol

I have a deep love for Jordan retros for a couple of reasons.

1. I came of age in the 80s and 90s when the Jordan brand was born and took over the world . I was 10 years old in 1985 and I was in middle school/high school when the 3s, 4s and 5s detonated, laying waste to everything in their path. The first pair that I was able to convince my parents to buy were the Infrared 6s that came out in 91. There's a certain sentimentality that will always be in my heart for early model Jordans.

2. I've always viewed the Jordan brand as the Apple of the shoe game. Apple computers were never really viewed as the best computers available by the hardcore programmers/techies. But they were always the most stylish and Steve Jobs always had a singular vision for computers as works of art. The designs were always remarkably basic and beautiful at the same time. That's why Apple has such a loyal fan following and I think the same is true for Jordan brand.

...people will still be wearing 1s in 50 years.

^on the fence on whether I’ll try for them

maybe just SNKRS so there’s no shipping and free returns

anyone know if they’re charging for shipping if you win on FLX?

...people will still be wearing 1s in 50 years.

While I agree with this, people have been wearing Chucks for 100 years, Adidas Superstars for 52 years, Nike Blazers for 48 years.. 1s have been around for 36 years, in comparison.

But my point was more about people have fanboy/blind loyalty to a specific brand for whatever reason. It’s funny you mention Apple because MacOS actually has some awesome programs you can’t get on PCs (I.e. Logic/Reason for music production or even just using something as simple as iMessage) meanwhile PCs are able to do things you can’t on Mac (I.e. AAA gaming, mining, etc.) but fanboys seem to throw blind support behind one or the other for some reason lol (I say that as someone who extensively uses both Macs and PCs).

While I agree with this, people have been wearing Chucks for 100 years, Adidas Superstars for 52 years, Nike Blazers for 48 years.. 1s have been around for 36 years, in comparison.

But my point was more about people have fanboy/blind loyalty to a specific brand for whatever reason. It’s funny you mention Apple because MacOS actually has some awesome programs you can’t get on PCs (I.e. Logic/Reason for music production or even just using something as simple as iMessage) meanwhile PCs are able to do things you can’t on Mac (I.e. AAA gaming, mining, etc.) but fanboys seem to throw blind support behind one or the other for some reason lol (I say that as someone who extensively uses both Macs and PCs).
It’s cultural

Back
Top Bottom