• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Louis Vuitton x Air Jordan 1 Collection

Louis-Vuitton-Air-Jordan-1-Collection-release-date-002-750x750.jpg
Louis-Vuitton-Air-Jordan-1-Collection-release-date-001-750x750.jpg

I thought I was the only one who wasn’t too impressed with 2021 in terms of 1s. Only tried for and obtained the NG 85’s (two pairs), and the Frag x Trav 1 Highs. There were some other aight releases, but nothing else moved me personally.

That's why I always enjoy your posts, always on point brother.

200.gif

*also what a typo on my last post... :emoji_sweat:* fixed

First shots of those Heritages were pretty bad too, but progressed along nicely.

Hoping the same here.

So I copped a pair of the Jordan 1 Retro High Black satin gym red from StockX for $316. Haven't purchased from here and I didn't really do my research beforehand, as a friend said he had shopped there before- but as much as I want to believe I didn't get screwed, I'm still a bit skeptical until I have them in my hand.

I really love the colorway, but I've never purchased or wore $300+ shoes before- I thought about some crease protectors, but I don't know what the average sneakerhead would recommend in terms of protection and care.

Thoughts?

So I copped a pair of the Jordan 1 Retro High Black satin gym red from StockX for $316. Haven't purchased from here and I didn't really do my research beforehand, as a friend said he had shopped there before- but as much as I want to believe I didn't get screwed, I'm still a bit skeptical until I have them in my hand.

I really love the colorway, but I've never purchased or wore $300+ shoes before- I thought about some crease protectors, but I don't know what the average sneakerhead would recommend in terms of protection and care.

Thoughts?
Welcome to niketalk. Your skepticism is justified, sometimes sellers flake, sometimes things get lost in the logistical chain of shipping. But those are still infrequent and you'll most likely be good.

I'm not sure how the satin creases but from pairs I've seen on foot, they hold up pretty well. Unless you wear them everyday they won't get beat up so badly. I wouldn't recommend any spray products for satin or leather. I personally don't mind creases and wear and tear on my sneakers, so I go au naturel. I keep the shoe stuffed in between wears, though - either with the paper shoe tree that it comes with or other standard shoe stuffing paper. Could use plastic bags to hold the shape as well.

Thoughts?
Is it this pair? Not sure what size you are but if it is this pair you definitely got screwed on the price…. these thing sat on the shelves. GOAT has some pretty reasonable prices

Attachments

• 0EDDB6E4-96FC-4FF1-B7EB-4BBB2BC9486C.jpeg
    0EDDB6E4-96FC-4FF1-B7EB-4BBB2BC9486C.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 42
Is it this pair? Not sure what size you are but if it is this pair you definitely got screwed on the price…. these thing sat on the shelves. GOAT has some pretty reasonable prices
It is that pair- and I figure it was a screwing. I wear a 12 1/2 mens- and I currently have a pair of Jordan Maxin 200s that I love for work (dress code requires an all black shoe) so I figure I'll try and find a high or mid Jordan 1 in all black for my next shoe.

Welcome to niketalk. Your skepticism is justified, sometimes sellers flake, sometimes things get lost in the logistical chain of shipping. But those are still infrequent and you'll most likely be good.

I'm not sure how the satin creases but from pairs I've seen on foot, they hold up pretty well. Unless you wear them everyday they won't get beat up so badly. I wouldn't recommend any spray products for satin or leather. I personally don't mind creases and wear and tear on my sneakers, so I go au naturel. I keep the shoe stuffed in between wears, though - either with the paper shoe tree that it comes with or other standard shoe stuffing paper. Could use plastic bags to hold the shape as well.
Thank you- I'm not sure it has satin on the outside, I've attached a stock image- but I'm a big guy with sort of an awkward gait, so I just wonder if the crease protectors would help.

Also, I'm torn on the lace color- I love the red, but I also think the black looks good- even considered grabbing a pair of the leather laces from Lacelab just to see what they look like.

Ill pass on the georgetown 85's and go for the aged navy dunk lows instead. Not the same but will be just fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom