Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
They could've also gave it an all grey tongue on the inside, with a blue outline on the outside edges of the tongue, with the same NA tag. Either that or just an all white tongue would've been better than that aged yellow tongue in my opinion.
The OG 85 samples didn’t have a grey tongue though. I agree that the tongue is a bit too yellow though but I’m still planning on copping a pair for the collection if I can hit on retail.

I'm actually interested in 9 & 12 depending on how the final versions look. 11 is also a potential pickup.

Rebellionaires, Georgetown ‘85s, Heritages, and Volts (Visionaires?) for me. The coloring of the Georgetown tongue isn’t what I would’ve done, but I love everything else about the pair, and it isn’t that bad to me, so I’m fine with it. It’s just the tongue color, and the rest of the shoe looks crisp and new.

I’m generally not a fan of making sht look old/aged out the gate. I’m fine with using shades like charcoals or dark greys instead of jet black, or sails/creams instead of stark whites, making some pairs less vibrant, but outside of shades or colors used, I’m personally not into the use of any treatments or effects to make pairs look worn or lived in. My only personal exception to this are the Nigel 1s. Dude being a BMXer, and the story being that he rides with no brakes, uses his kicks as a function of his career, and the kicks were specifically made to represent that, that’s personally different to me than Joe Blow buying a new pair and doing whatever magic to make them look like they’re so cool and vintage, or pairs that release that are fully made to look old/vintage. The shoes that come to mind that are the biggest and most exemplary culprit of this are those aged Nike Dunks that came out back in the day. It wasn’t just the outsole being yellowed on those, but they had a bunch of other aging magic used on those. Wasn’t a fan at all.

I think we're spoiled by all these Jordan 1s. Sure some of them weren't good. This year looks solid. When Jordan Brand, moves away from the 1 and focuses on other models like the Jordan 2, NTers will regret all this complaining. There was a time when 1s were so dry, people were paying crazy prices for the AJKOs.

Spoiled, maybe. Maybe if they were releasing OG colorways that weren't goofy, ie: patent leather, jumpan on the tongue, nubuck or cracked leather etc. on an annual basis. They are force feeding a bunch of wild *** colorways and they sell out. It'll be a weird day when they take focus off the 1 and move to a 2. Were 1's ever this hot before? I feel like its moved its way into a status that would be hard to come down from.

I think we're spoiled by all these Jordan 1s. Sure some of them weren't good. This year looks solid. When Jordan Brand, moves away from the 1 and focuses on other models like the Jordan 2, NTers will regret all this complaining. There was a time when 1s were so dry, people were paying crazy prices for the AJKOs.

I definitely won't be complaining, I have enough 1s to last the rest of my life at this point :lol:

GT's and maybe #10. Volt color blocking is undefeated but it just looks off with neon.

I like that.

And the irony about the 1 is that it's well known that Jordan didn't like it (or the 2), and it wasn't until the 3 that he decided to stay with Nike. If the 1 design had persisted, he would have pounded sand. Truthfully, at that time, aside from the standout black/red colorway, the 1 looked like so many other models (Nike and others) out there. Its resurgence is really quite interesting if you ask me.

Pass on the trade. It's PADS at $650. I'll have to look around for comparable prices and go from there.

I don't think it's super lowballs, but they're out to win the trade definitely.

Man I agree with you completely and I feel like a lot of you guys forgot the days of not just regular Mids but Phats, Alphas, V1s, etc. etc. where we would extremely rarely, if ever, even get an OG cw or even OG 1 (as in the model) release. A lot of us were walking around with one of those Jumpman-branded monstrosities because they were the only Jordan 1s we could reasonably get (I’m including myself here). As bad as the current resale culture is around 1s, I would never trade it to go back to those days.

Will wait to see how the real GT’s look before I make a judgement… that’s it as far as them other 1’s coming out… the rest are trash can juice 🤷🏾‍♂️

I definitely don’t wear these enough…
17160179-0C25-4C8F-AC29-E239BFD037A6.jpeg

I somehow caught a size 8W for blue chills when I got the size sold out notification on snkrs back then. I regret selling for much lower than what it's going for now. Always wanted to sell that and buy my actual size, but prices are kind of OD now. Lowest I found was an 8.5M for I think 500 in a local group. Peeped sx prices for a 9M and that's way too much for my blood considering how bad those crease
Worn my pair more than 10 times at work, in NYC etc. They don't crease at all. Can't say the same for my 03 Chi's, idk how to restore them.

37A7E42E-FECF-4119-94A3-FED8E92FB372.jpeg
Dropped off to Nike Recycling. They are beyond wearable for me at this point. Maybe my excuse to buy another. I believe in restoration as much as I believe in reincarnation
Look fine to me 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile maybe I missed it, but what's with all the hate for the "85 mold"? I though we always wanted a retro of the high, straight-back, big swoosh 85 AJ1? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom