Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
These Did It Better……
B64F744E-7C05-473C-85F9-A3F384965C56.jpeg

If these post to be a Lakers type colorway as ive heard it also referred to, its the Russel Westbrook edition.
I’ll NEVER comprehend how these are supposed to be a Lakers or even OPP colors. They’re not even purple. It’d be like if JB came out with a “Sonics” Jordan 1, but instead of green and yellow/gold, used teal and yellow/gold. Teal isn’t green, and teal definitely wouldn’t go or match anything SuperSonics. I don’t get it.

I’ll NEVER comprehend how these are supposed to be a Lakers or even OPP colors. They’re not even purple. It’d be like if JB came out with a “Sonics” Jordan 1, but instead of green and yellow/gold, used teal and yellow/gold. Teal isn’t green, and teal definitely wouldn’t go or match anything SuperSonics. I don’t get it.

Hence why its the Westbrick edition.

The University Gold/Light Bordeaux joints have nothin to do with the Lakers :lol:
Exactly. Buy even to this day I’ve heard people talk about and reference the Lakers. But I feel the same way about the Omega Psi Phi affiliation, in terms of the colors. The Que’s colors are Royal Purple and Old Gold. I keep looking at these like on what planet are these purple in any shape or form? And if I was a Que, knowing MJ I’d a Que as well, if this shoe is indeed made as an homage to our org, wouldn’t I want the colors to be the same and match/go with our stuff?

Most def not Lakers, but still a very nice color.

I thought Oneness did a pretty dope shoot with Omega Psi Phi which is the actual inspiration behind the colorway:

This was a good shoot for concept, and the nalia vip treatment for this shoe is kinda dope.

Those Brotherhoods look more old Lakers than they do the fraternity colors.

If they'd done them in correct colors for the fraternity it would be dead on for Lakers too.

Back
Top Bottom