Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So went into city gear and they had a solo pair of taxis on the wall in my size...both shoes had that buttery tumbled side panels, so had too.... $150 with coupon, easy cop. Tripled up.

Attachments

• PXL_20221006_010316332.jpg
    PXL_20221006_010316332.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 547
Y’all just gonna let this fly 😂

This has Idaho ocean front realtor written all over it for me

They wanna increase hype by making the most popular jordan ever collect dust on shelves

Tf?? 🤣

How it was explained to me is even if they made A MILLION pairs, L&Fs not gonna sit and collect dust

What will happen is they will be on half a million people feet, all over IG, in people holiday matching family Sears portraits etc

They're seeing the online discourse about "Jordans sitting" and seeing it go from boom times during the pandemic, to people getting real selective, an rationalizing it by saying "Jordan's are dead"

So Nike know there's more to be gained by flooding the market with these, than making it so there's 75k pairs that'll sit on display in peoples house, rather than being on every corner. They looking at this shoe as the on that's set 1s on fire again moving forward. But who knows

I am glad with this iteration of the Chi’s. I had the low quality version a couple years back and parted with them. I told myself I would get the following pair but the price exploded before I could buy them. My hope is to get this pair and add to my OG color way collection. It would be nice to wear them for the first time in many years. I sincerely hope there is enough for us all.

500,000 pairs of chi's worldwide does not seem like enough supply to meet demand to me when you have millions of people in the US alone going for pairs

Yeah for a shoe like this there will never be enough. All we can hope is more of us hit then don't hit. But there will still be people who enter mad raffles and can't land a pair at retail. Then they will come on NT and say this drop was impossible and BS

Then you have the guy who enters one time on SNKRS and hits on a pair and claims the drop was a breeze and if you didn't hit "you weren't trying"

As some one who almost never hits at retail on hyped releases...i will most likely fall into the first category :lol: . For us the bigger stock hopefully means resale isn't ridiculous

I just still think it's hilarious how dime a dozen instagram accounts pull a number out they asses and y'all still believe it :lol: they could say 500 pairs or 500,000 pairs, doesn't matter, we don't know for sure. We'll try on release day, hit or miss, on to the next one.

A week ago the general consensus was that these were going to be next to impossible to get for retail for the large majority of people. People was talking about the hundreds of dollars in their "Lost and Found resale fund"

Obviously not every single person who wants these is going to get them retail. I mean I still see people on here still struggling to get those Fire Red 3s that restocked 87 times, and dudes was quadrupling up on. That's the nature of the game.

Same time 500k pairs with some unlucky people maybe having to pay maybe an extra $100-150 resale sounds better than people a week ago being prepared to shell out $500+ for these if they miss

Most people don't know or understand how Big companies/corporations like Nike work when comes down to how they market and sell shoes. They have a marketing team that sits back and watches everything that we see online and offline, when it comes to sells and hype, and just the way how people react to certain releases.

It's actually genius what they're about to do, especially if they do this with other OG 1 colorways going forward. They can do this with the Breds, Royals, and Shadows, and other colorways. Release them with a certain parts of the shoe chewed up with a vintage look (toe box only, or the back heel in the back only, etc) and then release 500,000 to 1,000,000 pairs of them to flood the market.

All the while this makes the last iteration/release of those certain og Colorways worth even more money, because the last Bred, Shadows, and Royals, and Chicago releases were made with regular materials without any of the vintage gimmicky bs materials. Then on top of all of that, it brings hype to the new Jordan 1 high colorways, because those Colorways aren't massed produced with 500,000 pairs when they're released. So in reality it keeps the hype on 1,s somewhat afloat to a certain extent.

Most people don't know or understand how Big companies/corporations like Nike work when comes down to how they market and sell shoes. They have a marketing team that sits back and watches everything that we see online and offline, when it comes to sells and hype, and just the way how people react to certain releases.

It's actually genius what they're about to do, especially if they do this with other OG 1 colorways going forward. They can do this with the Breds, Royals, and Shadows, and other colorways. Release them with a certain parts of the shoe chewed up with a vintage look (toe box only, or the back heel in the back only, etc) and then release 500,000 to 1,000,000 pairs of them to flood the market.

All the while this makes the last iteration/release of those certain og Colorways worth even more money, because the last Bred, Shadows, and Royals, and Chicago releases were made with regular materials without any of the vintage gimmicky bs materials. Then on top of all of that, it brings hype to the new Jordan 1 high colorways, because those Colorways aren't massed produced with 500,000 pairs when they're released. So in reality it keeps the hype on 1,s somewhat afloat to a certain extent.
I think you hit the nail on the head here.

I also have noticed that the short-lived 550 hype and the recent dunk hype has been dying so I’m sure a lot of the beasts will inevitably come back the old faithful/OG AJ 1s.

That said, if you want a pair of Taxi 1s, I’d say buy now or you’re going to be paying a massive resale tax in the future.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

I also have noticed that the short-lived 550 hype and the recent dunk hype has been dying so I’m sure a lot of the beasts will inevitably come back the old faithful/OG AJ 1s.

That said, if you want a pair of Taxi 1s, I’d say buy now or you’re going to be paying a massive resale tax in the future.

I could see those bumass Taxis being $400-500 in a couple years for sure.

If you actually put more effort than just snkrs you should be able to get a pair for retail

Yeah for a shoe like this there will never be enough. All we can hope is more of us hit then don't hit. But there will still be people who enter mad raffles and can't land a pair at retail. Then they will come on NT and say this drop was impossible and BS

Then you have the guy who enters one time on SNKRS and hits on a pair and claims the drop was a breeze and if you didn't hit "you weren't trying"

As some one who almost never hits at retail on hyped releases...i will most likely fall into the first category :lol: . For us the bigger stock hopefully means resale isn't ridiculous
I hate that guy.

...I really do.

If you actually put more effort than just snkrs you should be able to get a pair for retail
I've said this many times, but I'll say it once more.

When you live in a town that only has two or three sneaker stores that never get any good stock and you don't have any flex points to give you a chance on the FTL app, it's not as easy to hit on big releases as some people might think.

Especially when a lot of raffles are store pickup only.

I can't tell you how many times I've been on Hibbetts or Richards at 7 am sharp and get stuck in line for 20 minutes and get nothing.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are far more skilled in the game than I am.

...but it's not like I don't try.

Not reading every post but if stock IS high maybe the hype beast and resellers won’t try so hard for these giving us a better chance? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Piss on them though this ain’t what we really want so money saved.

Back
Top Bottom