Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
01s will always hold a special place in my heart. They are the shortest of the Highs, but the shape i definitely adore. The colors were a perfect saturation of what a true red and blue looks. They're definitely a piece that encapsulates the golden era of retros 99-05, a time where you can give time and thought on purchases.

the breds have had a few releases & they have had there pros and cons. 01’s color was great but shape and swoosh were the drawbacks. 94’s we’re my favorite retro for breds.
Best royal retro would be the ‘17 joints eventhough swoosh was tumbled.

I think complex or some other website interviewed him and he spoke about crypto and making money on that. Seems like he’s doing well for himself still.

I do remember there was always talk about some of the shoes he got early being fake but I’m not sure it was verified.

Weekend wears.

Attachments

• DCC43BB7-8633-4EB2-9EF2-EACF03CDAAA8.jpeg
    DCC43BB7-8633-4EB2-9EF2-EACF03CDAAA8.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 4A088F55-058A-46D6-90B5-7A97979A6807.jpeg
    4A088F55-058A-46D6-90B5-7A97979A6807.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 369
the golden era of retros 99-05, a time where you can give time and thought on purchases.
This is debatable-the 3s from that era have terrible shape compared to 3s today. Also, so few NA OG 1 retros and nothing but awful Jumpman branded-on-the-heel mids that nobody wanted. On that note, absolutely disgusting that they threw the Jumpman on OG cws during that time-it was disgraceful to the brand’s history.

This is debatable-the 3s from that era have terrible shape compared to 3s today. Also, so few NA OG 1 retros and nothing but awful Jumpman branded-on-the-heel mids that nobody wanted. On that note, absolutely disgusting that they threw the Jumpman on OG cws during that time-it was disgraceful to the brand’s history.
the shape of 3s from this era were beautiful. Yea it didn’t have the tapered elephant print on the toe, but they were the gold standard for decades. Black cements, mochas, true blues, and white cements at that time were crazy in quality regardless of the jumpman on the latter 3 pairs mentioned.

Man throw in the 99 3s and 5s, I’d still claim those to be the best shapes even over their OG counterparts. Retro plus colorways were killers back then. Oreo and Columbia 4s, laney 5s, etc. Don’t even mention the 11s…. That particular retro was the pioneer of this forum.

Cap.

The Breds, Royals, and Japan joints were all fire. The patent leather releases were the only ones with a jump man on the back and they’re still fire. Only questionable joint I can remember is the chromes with the jump man instead of the swoosh, but I liken those to the small jewel af1s.

There were multiple Japan’s.

Did you forget Jordan wasn’t releasing retros every week?
Yes and you could still count the solid retro 1s on your hand with the ones you listed.

Ironically, you have also furthered my point here-more retro releases (esp. OG cws with Nike Air) is another sign of a clearly better retro era. I know gatekeepers and people who hoard crumbling retros from previous eras hate this but this is the truth.

You really going to say that those 11s were on the same level of quality and craftsmanship as 2016 Space Jams?
Yes, to a certain extent. To my initial post, I claimed that era as the gold age because it’s far more than just the brand trying to recreate the original AESTHETIC spec. I’m referring golden to a spectrum of qualities from pricing, execution, availability, etc…. Let’s just talk about pricing for example, 01’ XIs were $125! We literally paid that much for a retro of supreme quality. IIIs and IVs were about $100 a pop? And can easily be picked up if you were contemplating on copping. That’s what I mean by golden, it was the overall experience and level of quality provided at the time.

01 XIs vs ‘16 and up XIs, both retros have their strong suit. But from my experience, the wear experience of 01s blow the ‘16 retro out the water.

Back
Top Bottom