• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

IMG_1015.gif

Black Golds a classic example of a sick looking shoe that I probably never wear.
I'm gonna cop those but yeah I def see what you mean. I probably won't wear them very often, its just a pair to be added to my collection since I don't have any Jordan 1's with gold in them. Also, judging by videos, I don't think I would wear them often because it looks like that gold finish will flake/peel like the Silver Toes.

Just found out most of the 85s that have dropped are available for around retail. I know 1s got over-saturated, but I figured the 85 molds would hold up since they only drop one per year. What happened?
Jordan 1 hype is completely dead. There are a few older releases that command resale but for GR and non-collab or popular OG cw releases, hype has long left the building.

It’s a good thing Jordan 1s are “dead” though since those of us who like the model and will still wear them regardless can get some great deals in this current buyers market.

Honestly, Nike/JB could easily only release mids and 2-3 OG AJ 1 85 cws a year and I think hype would eventually come back within 5 years. They need to kill the OG Highs though, they’re priced too high at $180 retail when 85 are $200 and a significantly better product.

Surprised you still paid that much.

Ships have bricked across the board and 85s aren’t as sought after as they used to be 2-3 years ago.
Ya I haven’t spent this much in a minute. It seems to be the cheapest I’ve found the pack so far in my sz 8 of course. Found a pair of just the 1s on eBay but they were 800 just those

Jordan 1 hype is completely dead. There are a few older releases that command resale but for GR and non-collab or popular OG cw releases, hype has long left the building.

It’s a good thing Jordan 1s are “dead” though since those of us who like the model and will still wear them regardless can get some great deals in this current buyers market.

Honestly, Nike/JB could easily only release mids and 2-3 OG AJ 1 85 cws a year and I think hype would eventually come back within 5 years. They need to kill the OG Highs though, they’re priced too high at $180 retail when 85 are $200 and a significantly better product.
I don’t get the feeling that the 85 shape/materials are very popular, outside of a relatively small circle of sneakerheads.

Even around this place, they’re loved by some, despised by many.

If they confined J1 releases to mids and 85s for the next five years, that might be the final nail in the coffin for the model.

The shape is not the reason for the decline, its the oversaturation.
I don’t dislike the 85s and I only own two pairs.

But I’d take the shape and materials on the 2016 Breds or 2018 Shadows any day of the week.

And I suspect that I’m probably in the majority.

Focusing the bulk of their efforts on the 85 cut going forward isn’t the way to rejuvenate the model imo.

…but I’m not very smart.

We in here are the only ones that care about the shapes and cuts. Everyone else buying falls into hype catagory. They have made waaay to many 1s for too long. People have moved on. And I think its great. Your theory might be correct, but these resellers are not thinking about shapes and cuts. If it dont have the hype, its not makin money. All of the sudden, 1s arent cool. Love it.

I don’t dislike the 85s and I only own two pairs.

But I’d take the shape and materials on the 2016 Breds or 2018 Shadows any day of the week.

And I suspect that I’m probably in the majority.

Focusing the bulk of their efforts on the 85 cut going forward isn’t the way to rejuvenate the model imo.

…but I’m not very smart.

Nah, I'm with you man. Don't care for the 85 high, and would gladly take the "OG high" version any day of the week at this point. I know they claim the 85 is closer to the original shape, but other than the midsole/outsole, I don't see it.

Even with the over saturation of 1s and other hyped up models I stayed selective. I did capitalize during the lockdown to sell doubles and pairs I want find off anymore.
And I’m of the few that really like the 85 mold.
Size 12 in the black/white pair still too much for me, got the others colors at retail.

Even with the over saturation of 1s and other hyped up models I stayed selective. I did capitalize during the lockdown to sell doubles and pairs I want find off anymore.
And I’m of the few that really like the 85 mold.
Size 12 in the black/white pair still too much for me, got the others colors at retail.
I did this a bit but I really wish I had moved more pairs during that time period.

At one point, Bloodline 1s were going for like $250-$300, it was complete chaos. Even mids were reselling, which was wild.

I don’t get the feeling that the 85 shape/materials are very popular, outside of a relatively small circle of sneakerheads.

Even around this place, they’re loved by some, despised by many.

If they confined J1 releases to mids and 85s for the next five years, that might be the final nail in the coffin for the model.
Why? If they just limited releases to OG cws and a few retro+ releases, I think people would react pretty positively to this. Most of us would cop at least one pair of 85 Breds/Royals/Shadows/Black Toes/Chis/SBB 1.0s/Bred Toes/Mochas, etc. etc.

Most casual customers who buy retros probably couldn’t immediately point out the differences between 85s and OG 1s anyways.

So I picked up a few of the MM’s and started customizing them. Still need to paint the swooshes on the red pair, paint the sock liner on the grey pair, and sew the tongue tags on IMG_7462.jpeg
IMG_7465.jpeg
IMG_7464.jpeg

Last edited:
UNDS my black and white 85 highs the other day and i ended up wearing em 2 days in a row which, aside from being on vacay I never really do
quality and shape are great on that pair especially with a Panda dunk to compare to as similar as the 2 shoes are its apples to oranges on cut and quality to me

Why? If they just limited releases to OG cws and a few retro+ releases, I think people would react pretty positively to this. Most of us would cop at least one pair of 85 Breds/Royals/Shadows/Black Toes/Chis/SBB 1.0s/Bred Toes/Mochas, etc. etc.

Most casual customers who buy retros probably couldn’t immediately point out the differences between 85s and OG 1s anyways.
You may be right.

Back
Top Bottom