Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I’ve been into 1s for a while now back when it was mainly mids. That being said I don’t mind at all the hype dying down because I will continue to wear them.

IMG_5859.jpeg

This only happened because other non-retro stuff wasn’t selling well. They leaned too much into sales of retro product in general and are now paying the piper.

Wish the AJ 1 wasn’t a casualty of this though. Would much rather have fewer but better cw releases of the model.
I don't get this logic... As a customer why does it seem to bother y'all that Jordans are easily obtainable now?

I don't get this logic... As a customer why does it seem to bother y'all that Jordans are easily obtainable now?
Because the products widely available by and large haven’t been great compared to past years (strictly speaking in terms of the AJ 1).

For example, last years Reimagined Royals are horrible compared to 2017 Royals and the upcoming Black Toes are horrible compared to 2016 Black Toes. I won’t even speak of parent Breds since those are arguably the most hated out of all 3 lol Hell, I even liked last year’s Spiderverses but they were significantly worse than 2018 Spideys. These are just a few examples out of many releases though. Even last year’s Union 1 collab fell completely flat (compared to 2019 Unions) and not to mention how the latest yellow Travis 1 lows seem to be getting a lot of hate (and have resold for far less than all previous TS AJ 1 lows).

I appreciate picking up things easily and below retail but we also have seen a stagnation in good, new retro+ cws.

Because the products widely available by and large haven’t been great compared to past years (strictly speaking in terms of the AJ 1).

For example, last years Reimagined Royals are horrible compared to 2017 Royals and the upcoming Black Toes are horrible compared to 2016 Black Toes. I won’t even speak of parent Breds since those are arguably the most hated out of all 3 lol Hell, I even liked last year’s Spiderverses but they were significantly worse than 2018 Spideys. These are just a few examples out of many releases though. Even last year’s Union 1 collab fell completely flat (compared to 2019 Unions) and not to mention how the latest yellow Travis 1 lows seem to be getting a lot of hate (and have resold for far less than all previous TS AJ 1 lows).

I appreciate picking up things easily and below retail but we also have seen a stagnation in good, new retro+ cws.
I respect that pov but do you think there's any chance that you may already feel a certain type of way about JB so you're subconsciously paying more attention to the trash cws? Since I've gotten into buying sneakers I've consistently seen JB drop a mixture of trash vs good cws. I think people are just burnt out on js at the moment which leads to people mislabeling any cw that's less than perfect, trash. Yeah jb makes some terrible material choices and are extremely lazy with the cws but the number of actual trash cws they release is way less than Niketalk makes it seem. If we're talking 1s dusted clays, first in flights, artisanal reds, metallic golds, metallic burgundys, ochres, and denim joints all range from average to good looking shoes if you're being objective. I personally don't believe a lot of trash is being released and I think JB has done a good job of releasing a good variety of kicks for different tastes. We're seeing JB's market normalizing after the insane run they had during the pandemic. Sneakers should always be easy for the consumer to get with a few exceptions.

I respect that pov but do you think there's any chance that you may already feel a certain type of way about JB so you're subconsciously paying more attention to the trash cws? Since I've gotten into buying sneakers I've consistently seen JB drop a mixture of trash vs good cws. I think people are just burnt out on js at the moment which leads to people mislabeling any cw that's less than perfect, trash. Yeah jb makes some terrible material choices and are extremely lazy with the cws but the number of actual trash cws they release is way less than Niketalk makes it seem. If we're talking 1s dusted clays, first in flights, artisanal reds, metallic golds, metallic burgundys, ochres, and denim joints all range from average to good looking shoes if you're being objective. I personally don't believe a lot of trash is being released and I think JB has done a good job of releasing a good variety of kicks for different tastes. We're seeing JB's market normalizing after the insane run they had during the pandemic. Sneakers should always be easy for the consumer to get with a few exceptions.
I think you missed my point, back then JB wasn’t destroying OG cws by “reimagining” them with different materials and releasing so many in such a short period of time. Nobody was asking for patent needs and suede Royals. You’re right that there were always trash cws but with so many AJ 1 releases overall, you’re going to inherently see more trash cws but we also aren’t getting retro+ classics like SBB 1.0s, Bred Toes, ROTYs, etc.

Also, you mentioned Metallic Burgundys-why are we even getting AJ 1 OG High releases when the superior 85 mold exists? The $20 retail price difference isn’t even a big deal when you consider how superior the 85 mold is to the OG Highs. The entire AJ 1 line is a complete mess tbh, and it’s even worse with the OG lows that they neutered for some reason by removing laceholes and shrinking the swoosh compared to the 2015-2016 run.

Last edited:
Glad Jordan 1 hype is dead

Grabbed for retail + shipping on ebay

Still on the hunt 85 Georgetown for the right price

IMG_2106.jpeg

I just copped Gtowns off stockx, $220 shipped... put in a bid for $182 and someone accepted. Should be here tomorrow!

Id probably buy pan... I mean B&Ws for retail, but not rn.

fdub fdub the black and whites are the only '85 I have. They still fit true to size, but were a little stiffer on foot IMO. Thicker leather that requires more break in. The insole is thicker with a firmer foam as well. So once they broke in after a few wears, I liked them a lot. 2015-2018 era 1s have softer leather which is more comfortable out the box, but I think the '85s are an overall better look and feel once broken in.

Today
1721004728429.jpeg

I just copped Gtowns off stockx, $220 shipped... put in a bid for $182 and someone accepted. Should be here tomorrow!

Id probably buy pan... I mean B&Ws for retail, but not rn.
Same I just got them on ebay for $230 shipped..I missed out when they released so I'll take it

fdub fdub the black and whites are the only '85 I have. They still fit true to size, but were a little stiffer on foot IMO. Thicker leather that requires more break in. The insole is thicker with a firmer foam as well. So once they broke in after a few wears, I liked them a lot. 2015-2018 era 1s have softer leather which is more comfortable out the box, but I think the '85s are an overall better look and feel once broken in.

Today
1721004728429.jpeg
Seems stupid they would sell OG Highs at $180 and 85s at $200 when they could simply cancel the former model and sell ALL OG Highs in the 85 mold for $200. The upgrades on 85s are easily worth more than $20 tbh.

Seems stupid they would sell OG Highs at $180 and 85s at $200 when they could simply cancel the former model and sell ALL OG Highs in the 85 mold for $200. The upgrades on 85s are easily worth more than $20 tbh.

I wish they would do away with the Mid (and the not really low Low) completely. Just have an 85 High, OG HIgh, 85 Low, and OG Low. Simplify and cut the more reprehensible stuff. Every line is convoluted, but the 1 in general is far too complicated and varied, and we're not even talking about the Zoom Comfort or all the weird WMNS variants.

I wish they would do away with the Mid (and the not really low Low) completely. Just have an 85 High, OG HIgh, 85 Low, and OG Low. Simplify and cut the more reprehensible stuff. Every line is convoluted, but the 1 in general is far too complicated and varied, and we're not even talking about the Zoom Comfort or all the weird WMNS variants.
Mids are vastly different than OG Highs and 85s though and are at a significantly lower pricepoint because of this.

The Zoom CMFTs are weird, they’re more expensive than Mids but are still pretty bad quality overall.

I’ve been into 1s for a while now back when it was mainly mids. That being said I don’t mind at all the hype dying down because I will continue to wear them.
Kinda wild how that 2011 Banned release coupled with Ye wearing 1s a lot around that time completely changed the trajectory of the model.

Back
Top Bottom