Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Just delivered from JJ and had throw them on to see how they look before I tone down the glossy finish.
348ghzk.jpg

How can you tone down the gloss? I love my pair minus the gloss crap

Any help is appreciated

Nail polish remover & a cotton ball would do it. Just don't go crazy with it because if you rub too hard you might remove the black paint on the leather.

If you try this be careful. This is what I used to remove the glossy finish on the clovers in the process of painting them black and some of the green paint came off completely in spots so it may come out uneven
Try the krylon matte finisher spray

Nail polish remover & a cotton ball would do it. Just don't go crazy with it because if you rub too hard you might remove the black paint on the leather.

Acetone can burn the leather ...so you definitely want to use it sparingly and lightly. Honestly though the Krylon matte finish is probably the easiest and you can wash off if you don't like the end product.

That "matte" finisher is far from matte. It makes the leather really really shiny. I say go with the Krylon spray, you'll definitely get the better result. Cancel that order bro.
Looks like I'm gonna have to try out a few things.

I try the Krylon spray first on the HLR's I just ordered off of feebay once they come in. I'll do the krylon spray on one side and the matte finisher on the other.

Never tried to customize or alter a shoe except changing out the laces :lol:

Last edited:
@NikeOtaku Thank you for that link. Just placed an order.

Repped.
No problem man.
That "matte" finisher is far from matte. It makes the leather really really shiny. I say go with the Krylon spray, you'll definitely get the better result. Cancel that order bro.
Looks like I'm gonna have to try out a few things.

I try the Krylon spray first on the HLR's I just ordered off of feebay once they come in. I'll do the krylon spray on one side and the matte finisher on the other.

Never tried to customize or alter a shoe except changing out the laces
laugh.gif
Yeah I would definitely try the Krylon spray first, heard nothing but good things about it and no complaints. If it works skip the matte finisher and return it. 

If Nike was to release more OG cw next year would you fellas want the metallic colorways or the OG like Kentucky etc..

Back
Top Bottom