Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I decided that the Only toes I'm focusing on are th pine green and purple. Im still looking more forward to the purple metallics coming out but I do dig the other two. I just don't want to saturate my collection with a ton of black toe variants. So thats a negative on scooping up clays and gold toes. If a royal toe is released I'll skip out on those. The only royal black toe I want are frags.
that's pretty much how i feel...i already have a bunch of non-OG colorways that i said i didnt want, like SBBs and bred toes. i dont want to keep watering down my collection with these.

...but damn they're clean, and i know that they're gonna get some good run in my rotation because my SBBs and bred toes do. i'll probably go for em, but only at retail and i won't get salty if i dont get em.

I'll never own b/red toes. I got the red trinity and I'm good lol the only reason I'm justifying the green and purple is because there is only 2 greens in my collection both are jumpman branded(cektics and metallics) and there are no purples at all in my collection. I'm making a purple Chicago and the purple toes will be a nice compliment. No-go on gold toes, top 3s, off whites, whatever non-og black toe variant they release, any of the BHITG's, art basels, etc. Only other black toe I want is frags. Unless they release an actual celtics remaster in a OG high format. They need to release the actual OG's because I'm Over the saturation.

Last edited:
I'll never own b/red toes. I got the red trinity and I'm good lol the only reason I'm justifying the green and purple is because there is only 2 greens in my collection both are jumpman branded(cektics and metallics) and there are no purples at all in my collection. I'm making a purple Chicago and the purple toes will be a nice compliment. No-go on gold toes, top 3s, off whites, whatever non-og black toe variant they release, any of the BHITG's, art basels, etc. Only other black toe I want is frags. Unless they release an actual celtics remaster in a OG high format. They need to release the actual It's because I'm Over the saturation.
They tryna slowly "Air Force One" my favorite shoe. :smh::smh::smh:

The ones have been overdone ever since they brought the mids back in 2007..

I can only count how many alternations of the Bred 1 there’s been

Alpha, 1.5, strapped, flynit, DMP, banned, ultra high, phat low, strapped low and a few more

Last edited:
Tons of 1s, yet they still have not learned the proper OG height and also swoosh thickness.

Someday....someday.

air-jordan-1-og-white-metallic-green.jpg

DVN014_COMPLEX_Dylan_Ratner_Feature_4-21-16-070_copy_skwrn4.jpg

Yo I was hoping the same thing. The black toe everything in jb is too much for me personally. It was cool when it was just on the sbb and all stars and top 3. But like are they doing every color in the book that style? They should switch it up. Make a purple Chicago or a Purple/black pair in b/red styling. Or skip out on purple nd black and make a purple/white(which is on that 1 chart) . Something different would be nice

Exactly. While I like the Blk/Red color blocking, I like that they keep that with the Shadows, Royals, and Blk/Reds (they used it on the Spike Lee pair and sort of on the New Love Mids, but that blocking hasn't been done too often). A Purple "Chicago would be too dope though.

1’s been overdone. People just noticing now that there’s Nike Air on the tag.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all when they drop a bunch of different OG 1 Highs, as I'm only going to get the pairs I want. If people are going to buy them, it makes sense, and I'm all for giving people everywhere more opportunities to get pairs. Even the unnecessary colors, while I might find them totally unnecessary, someone out there is buying them. Also, and 0takusamsay 0takusamsay correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't see many 1s out here in Seattle. Every once and a while I'll see them, but sometimes I'll go weeks and the only 1s I'll see are my own. But I couldn't care less if I did see them all the time, as they're the most iconic sneaker ever IMO, and people love iconic stuff.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all when they drop a bunch of different OG 1 Highs, as I'm only going to get the pairs I want. If people are going to buy them, it makes sense, and I'm all for giving people everywhere more opportunities to get pairs. Even the unnecessary colors, while I might find them totally unnecessary, someone out there is buying them.

All this

Tons of 1s, yet they still have not learned the proper OG height and also swoosh thickness.

Someday....someday.

air-jordan-1-og-white-metallic-green.jpg

DVN014_COMPLEX_Dylan_Ratner_Feature_4-21-16-070_copy_skwrn4.jpg

I think a lot of this was intentional. The OG lows had the correct swoosh shape but I think they are saving that change for future OG 1 high retros.

The reason? OG 1s don’t crumble and, on top of this, are tanks so there has to be a solid reason to sell “more of the same” cws. First it was improved height from mids, then NA branding/improved materials (on 2013+), then even better height, shape, and materials (on 2015+). Eventually, we’ll get 1:1 retros (or something VERY close to it) but you know JB is holding out on these final fixes so they can milk the current run for everything it’s worth.

Exactly. While I like the Blk/Red color blocking, I like that they keep that with the Shadows, Royals, and Blk/Reds (they used it on the Spike Lee pair and sort of on the New Love Mids, but that blocking hasn't been done too often). A Purple "Chicago would be too dope though.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all when they drop a bunch of different OG 1 Highs, as I'm only going to get the pairs I want. If people are going to buy them, it makes sense, and I'm all for giving people everywhere more opportunities to get pairs. Even the unnecessary colors, while I might find them totally unnecessary, someone out there is buying them. Also, and 0takusamsay 0takusamsay correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't see many 1s out here in Seattle. Every once and a while I'll see them, but sometimes I'll go weeks and the only 1s I'll see are my own. But I couldn't care less if I did see them all the time, as they're the most iconic sneaker ever IMO, and people love iconic stuff.

True the only time Ive seen 1s worn frequently is when there's a huge 1 release and everyone will break em out in line.

j mobile j mobile that's facts, too. The more, the merrier. I'm all for super wide releases and over saturation as a consumer. I definitely would rather see one shoe release as opposed to another shoe, but I can't complain about having a pair of UNC 1s from 2015 that I was able to buy for cheap in 2018. In 2012, all I had to look at were OGs priced over $1,000.

I guess I speak from a different perspective because I'm on a mindset of quitting soon and realizing that having all these kicks is getting highly cumbersome for me. I have all the OG remasters of the original colorways so far so I'm just mainly biding my time for the others to release.

I think a lot of this was intentional. The OG lows had the correct swoosh shape but I think they are saving that change for future OG 1 high retros.

The reason? OG 1s don’t crumble and, on top of this, are tanks so there has to be a solid reason to sell “more of the same” cws. First it was improved height from mids, then NA branding/improved materials (on 2013+), then even better height, shape, and materials (on 2015+). Eventually, we’ll get 1:1 retros (or something VERY close to it) but you know JB is holding out on these final fixes so they can milk the current run for everything it’s worth.

I'd like to hope that one day we'll get 1:1 retros, but I doubt it. In 5 or years we'll get another Blk/Red or Royal or Shadow or etc., and then in 5 or so years from then we'll get another Blk/Red or Royal or Shadow or etc., and so on and so forth. And each time they'll give us some explanation as to how the to-be-released pair is the closest to the original (color, shape, material, height, etc.). Most regular ol' people will get them regardless, and people like us will nitpick them to death, but ultimately still get them because "the height is better," or "the leather is better," or "the shade of *fill in the color* is just like the OG," etc. It is what it is, but that's how it tends to be. Even if JB gave us a pair and literally told us that it was a 1:1 remake, and they showed us with side by side comparisons, some people would still nitpick about how it's not EXACTLY like the OG ("it's missing a stitch," or "the originals were made in Thailand, not China," or some other madness), and then there'd be some people complaining about how they want it like the *whatever year* retro instead. We'll never be happy, but such is life.

I'd like to hope that one day we'll get 1:1 retros, but I doubt it. In 5 or years we'll get another Blk/Red or Royal or Shadow or etc., and then in 5 or so years from then we'll get another Blk/Red or Royal or Shadow or etc., and so on and so forth. And each time they'll give us some explanation as to how the to-be-released pair is the closest to the original (color, shape, material, height, etc.). Most regular ol' people will get them regardless, and people like us will nitpick them to death, but ultimately still get them because "the height is better," or "the leather is better," or "the shade of *fill in the color* is just like the OG," etc. It is what it is, but that's how it tends to be. Even if JB gave us a pair and literally told us that it was a 1:1 remake, and they showed us with side by side comparisons, some people would still nitpick about how it's not EXACTLY like the OG ("it's missing a stitch," or "the originals were made in Thailand, not China," or some other madness), and then there'd be some people complaining about how they want it like the *whatever year* retro instead. We'll never be happy, but such is life.

And that's why I'm quitting sneakers soon. It's a never ending rat race I just want a "capsule" collection of 1 pair of whatever color I want. No need for doubles, triples etc. The line of OG 1s, a few of the og air max 1s, the yellow and navy pair of air max zeroes, infrared and laser blue 90s, menthol 93s, like after the 1s and a few select Jordan OGs get the remaster treatment than I'm done-a-rino.

Can anyone tell me if the metallic navy lows come with the blue laces? Looking for some summer kicks and the price is really tempting

Back
Top Bottom