Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
the thing is I already have another pair. I wear them a lot but they're not beat or anything. only reason I have the extra DS pair is because I got a great price on them ($175 a couple years ago). won't be wearing them until years down the road either way

With Gentry now at the helm, I don’t think we’re going to see a retro anytime soon. Especially considering we only saw one OG cw of the OG 1s release last year (Shadows) and none on the release calendar for this year.

Not only that but I think we’ll see a Neutral Grey retro before a B/W tbh. I would advise holding your DS pair if you really like them that much.

So I have both pairs of the Lance Mountain 1's. I'm thinking of stripping the paint on the white pairs and spraying them with black leather spray paint so I can have matching black pairs of banneds and royals. Should I go for it, or am I stupid for stripping the paint? I'm heavily considering it, just want some opinions. Actually gonna skate them too and see if the paint will naturally wear afterward.

giphy.gif

So I was originally going to grab the Turbo Green 1’s all star weekend but I think I’m leaning towards passing. There are a few pair of 1’s from last year I still want so I’m going to use the money to fund those instead. Ima double back and get those ROTY, Origin Story and Yellow Ochres. Crazy you get so used to copping something from All-Star weekend.

Haha sorry dudes, didn't mean to troll. I should've mentioned I have another pair of whites I'm getting from a friend. As far as ruining something that would most likely not be released again, I just want to skate them and wanted a set that matches. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't care about how limited or whatever shoes are, I just like wearing them. Plus I feel repainting them harkens to the original intent of what Lance was going for with the painting and making them your own.

TLDR: I'm stupid, I know but it is what it is.

So I have both pairs of the Lance Mountain 1's. I'm thinking of stripping the paint on the white pairs and spraying them with black leather spray paint so I can have matching black pairs of banneds and royals. Should I go for it, or am I stupid for stripping the paint? I'm heavily considering it, just want some opinions. Actually gonna skate them too and see if the paint will naturally wear afterward.
You won't have matching pairs, if that's what you are going for.

Black pair has black stitching and a black wings logo. White pair has white stitching and a white wings logo.
p_15158331_79612966_1810271.jpg
p_15158041_79611681_1810271.jpg

Haha sorry dudes, didn't mean to troll. I should've mentioned I have another pair of whites I'm getting from a friend. As far as ruining something that would most likely not be released again, I just want to skate them and wanted a set that matches. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't care about how limited or whatever shoes are, I just like wearing them. Plus I feel repainting them harkens to the original intent of what Lance was going for with the painting and making them your own.

TLDR: I'm stupid, I know but it is what it is.
why not just buy breds and royals? lol

maybe even used pairs if you plan on beating/skating in them

With Gentry now at the helm, I don’t think we’re going to see a retro anytime soon. Especially considering we only saw one OG cw of the OG 1s release last year (Shadows) and none on the release calendar for this year.

Not only that but I think we’ll see a Neutral Grey retro before a B/W tbh. I would advise holding your DS pair if you really like them that much.
I didn't even think about that aspect of it. good thinking. kind of weird that Gentry wouldn't want to release OG's for the hype

why not just buy breds and royals? lol

maybe even used pairs if you plan on beating/skating in them
I like the original intention of the LM, skating them to scuff the paint and revealing a bred and royal underneath. I want the same thing just a matching black pair of both the breds and royals.

If you have that skill, they can turn out pretty sick. It's beyond my patience and abilities!
via-sbcollector-1.jpeg

That's pretty much what I'm going for, but not stripping them entirely, just skating them and letting the black paint on both pairs naturally wear away, you know? But yeah, the LM was such a sick release, my favorite 1 of all time.

You should just sell them to me for even considering spray painting them lol

So I was originally going to grab the Turbo Green 1’s all star weekend but I think I’m leaning towards passing. There are a few pair of 1’s from last year I still want so I’m going to use the money to fund those instead. Ima double back and get those ROTY, Origin Story and Yellow Ochres. Crazy you get so used to copping something from All-Star weekend.
This is my plan as well. When first pics of the TGs surfaced I was all in. Decided I will pass and put the money towards Reverse SBB, UNC or Banned.

Every time I see Game Royals I like them more and more, and then when I'm ready to take mine out and finally wear them. I see my Royal's in the corner of my eye looking at me like I'm about to commit adultery, and then I look at the black tongue on the Game Royals and back in the box they go. Rinse and repeat every month or so.

Back
Top Bottom